Good first-time tama

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aerbear10

Reaction score
Hello, I am relatively new to the world of Tamagotchis. I need to know a good Tama for newbies, this will be my first Tama. Thanks!! :p :p :furawatchi:

The Tama-Go is the newest version, so buy that if you want the latest one. If you don't care about that, then version 5 is very low maintenance. Mine has survived several school days without me because I forgot to pause it when I woke up.

Well, a good choice is difficult, but no-no's are easy.

NO Music Stars.

They require a LOT of care when evolved into a teen, so you, being a first-time owner, would need an easy-care Tama.

Can someone help me with this no-no list?

As she/he above said, NO MUSIC STARS.

Not really a v.5 either, they're so low maintenance they're boring-ish, plus, they're not really like other tamas, they have three characters instead of one so i think you want a tama that you can understand better.

A v.3 is a really good one. But i'm thinking a v4.5, it has easier games but a fair amount of things to do.

plus the characters you can get on those things are the... bomb. o_O;

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Lexi about the V4.5-- I've owned a LOT of different versions and have to say that that one is a personal favorite of mine. I love how it can go to school and get jobs, and all five games on it are really fun, in my opinion. This distinguishes it from the V4, in which I found the "Mimic" and "Dance" games particularly frustrating. "Cloud Jump," the first game you get when your Tama is just a baby, is also a bit easier than "Jump Rope," its analog in the V4, but this is also just my opinion. And yes, the characters are all really nice.

As for Tamagotchi to stay away from for a first Tama-- definitely do NOT get a Tamagotchi Ocean, as those need something every 5-10 minutes even after they grow out of the baby stage. I spent much of the last summer with one, and even when I thought I was taking good care of it, most of my Ocean Tamas died before adulthood, and those who did reach adulthood did not last very long. After a Tamagotchi Ocean, though, caring for any other Tamagotchi is a piece of cake. :D

I would suggest the V4 or V4.5; V4 if you want more of a classic character experience or the V4.5 for a new character experience. Both are fairly low maintenance, but you will have to play games with it to achieve different characters. The V5 is very easy, if that is what you want.

Above all, your first tama is your choice. :D

Yeah that's true. I think Music Star is so boring.... I like v3s. Usually newer tamagotchis are easier than old tamagotchis.

Version 3 is a bit harder but better. If you want easy tamagotchi try v5, v4.5/v4 or Music Star. I don't know about Tama-go.

I'd recommend any vintage Tamagotchi (of course, I mean, it is me :D ), save for the Tamagotchi Ocean/Oceangotchi as someone has mentioned above. :D I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Music Stars aren't too overly complicated but to each his own, I say!

But Music Stars are a bit hard once the get out of baby food/milk and you have to pay for food when your broke at first.

But once you get the hang of it/your rich. Its real easy.

I really like Mothra tama. But you have to find one first. The Genjitchi is can be pretty hard to care for. The originals (P1, P2) are super easy to care for and aren't really hard to find.

Tama-gos are pretty sweet. Mines been running since I got it when they first came out. I leave it at my dorm when I go to classes for hours at a time and they don't really have any issues.

Personally all of them can be easy.... Just depends on if you watch/check it often.... Then having the sound on.

I would recommend getting a Original 1997 Tama (p1/p2) But also.... Angelgotchi/Angelgotch are pretty simple as well. Once you figure out what certain things are in the Angelgotch/Angelgotchi, its just as simple, besides the fact much of the time you find the Japanese versions far cheaper. They do have that touch sensor.... which is simple.

The cheaper unless you are lucky are the Angels....

Otherwise, P1/P2 of the Orginals are usually about $30 or more when I look online.

Both are usually avaliable in new/in box condition.

(I veiw Ebay, I would go there.... Watch and look at the tamagotchi carefully and understand fullyhat you are buying. Sometimes they are over priced or are in poor condition and from out of country....)

:)

Personally all of them can be easy.... Just depends on if you watch/check it often.... Then having the sound on.
I would recommend getting a Original 1997 Tama (p1/p2) But also.... Angelgotchi/Angelgotch are pretty simple as well. Once you figure out what certain things are in the Angelgotch/Angelgotchi, its just as simple, besides the fact much of the time you find the Japanese versions far cheaper. They do have that touch sensor.... which is simple.

The cheaper unless you are lucky are the Angels....

Otherwise, P1/P2 of the Orginals are usually about $30 or more when I look online.

Both are usually avaliable in new/in box condition.

(I veiw Ebay, I would go there.... Watch and look at the tamagotchi carefully and understand fullyhat you are buying. Sometimes they are over priced or are in poor condition and from out of country....)

I would like to get a p1 or p2 as you mentioned, but I only have $18:( Do you think you could send me a link to a lesser-priced tama??

EDIT: I only have $18, not $25;(

Where is the love for Music Stars?

They are my favourites so far (I've been playing with tamagotchis since 1996 :) ) and I find they are only as high-maintainance as you make them. I like the fact that there is always something you can do for them- it's good for killing boredom on car rides or while waiting for your kettle to boil :lol:

i reccomend that you could get a v3. They are easy to look after. But they don't sell them in stores anymore as they are to old >_<.

but they have them on Ebay and Amazon

Hoped that helped :p

i think you should start with a V2 or V3, you can find there all the magic of tamagotchis :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back