Dinkie Dino or PowerPalz?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weltall

Reaction score
Ok I do not really want to compare them as quality.

The only tamagotchi I ever had in my life was a puppy i got from a marketplace that probably you would call a fake one since it was nothing like tamagotchi. You just fed it and it grew up slowly sitting there not doing much and all I remember was the instead of a clock like tamagotchi has (well the v5 i got) it would just sleep when you wanted it to and wake when you wanted it to. I do not remember anything else. I do remember though that the icons were alike Dinkie Dino's. So What I want to know is if Dinkie Dino is so much different than the Powerpalz. I do not really want a tamagotchi like the one I have. I want a simpler one to just have it there to grow and curse when the battery dies and it disappears. :)

Dinkie Dino is a very good, simple virtual pet. I had one about 12 years go ^__^' and loved it. I liked the big, simplistic creature design, and the fact that the icons ran down the vertical sides of the screen instead of horizontally.

It has some cool features:

- There are about 8 different food choices, like apples, chicken, noodles, ice cream etc, so it's fun deciding what to feed your little dinosaur ^-^

-You have to control the temperature with the air conditioning icon- turn it on if your pet gets too hot, and turn it off if it's too cold

-I think there is a separate meter for thirst, so you have to give your pet drinks as well as food

The only downside was that the game is rock paper scissors, so the outcome is always random- you can't control whether you win or lose.

I would definately reccommend a Dinkie Dino- if you can find one. I've had so much trouble trying to find a real one on ebay- all you can get are the fake ones that have like 20 pets in one. You can tell the difference usually because the fake ones have little dinosaur pictures above the two side buttons and above the screen. And sometimes the box says '20 in 1' or something like that.

I did find a real Dinkie Dino for sale online once but it was very expensive. I think they're a rarity now.

Dinkie Dino is a very good, simple virtual pet. I had one about 12 years go ^__^' and loved it. I liked the big, simplistic creature design, and the fact that the icons ran down the vertical sides of the screen instead of horizontally.
It has some cool features:

- There are about 8 different food choices, like apples, chicken, noodles, ice cream etc, so it's fun deciding what to feed your little dinosaur ^-^

-You have to control the temperature with the air conditioning icon- turn it on if your pet gets too hot, and turn it off if it's too cold

-I think there is a separate meter for thirst, so you have to give your pet drinks as well as food

The only downside was that the game is rock paper scissors, so the outcome is always random- you can't control whether you win or lose.

I would definately reccommend a Dinkie Dino- if you can find one. I've had so much trouble trying to find a real one on ebay- all you can get are the fake ones that have like 20 pets in one. You can tell the difference usually because the fake ones have little dinosaur pictures above the two side buttons and above the screen. And sometimes the box says '20 in 1' or something like that.

I did find a real Dinkie Dino for sale online once but it was very expensive. I think they're a rarity now.
I bought an in-package Dinkie Dino in the color I like most (teal) on Ebay fairly recently for about $12 (shipping price included in that), so not all hope is lost. I bought another one just a few days ago for $11 (again, shipping included). It is kind of difficult to look for them, especially since you always have to look out for those 49-in-1 ones, but there are usually quite a few genuine ones on Ebay. I have yet to play with mine, as I keep hearing how great these guys are. I've never played with PowerPalz so I don't really have a basis for comparison between the two.

Thanks a lot guys. Well I guess then instead of going for powerpalz i should look for a cheap Dinkie Dino :p

I bought an in-package Dinkie Dino in the color I like most (teal) on Ebay fairly recently for about $12 (shipping price included in that), so not all hope is lost. I bought another one just a few days ago for $11 (again, shipping included). It is kind of difficult to look for them, especially since you always have to look out for those 49-in-1 ones, but there are usually quite a few genuine ones on Ebay.
Wow, that's good to know- it has been about a year or so since I've looked- maybe it was just a bad time to be looking :lol:

I'm going to have to check it out :)

Ok I do not really want to compare them as quality.
The only tamagotchi I ever had in my life was a puppy i got from a marketplace that probably you would call a fake one since it was nothing like tamagotchi. You just fed it and it grew up slowly sitting there not doing much and all I remember was the instead of a clock like tamagotchi has (well the v5 i got) it would just  sleep when you wanted it to and wake when you wanted it to. I do not remember anything else. I do remember though that the icons were alike Dinkie Dino's. So What I want to know is if Dinkie Dino is so much different than the Powerpalz. I do not really want a tamagotchi like the one I have. I want a simpler one to just have it there to grow and curse when the battery dies and it disappears. :)
If it was a puppy, it wasn't a Tamagotchi, it was another virtual pet.

Probably a NanoPuppy or a Digital Doggie.

Remember that "Tamagotchi" is a brand name. Everything else is just a different virtual pet.

That said, I've always wanted to own a Dinkie Dino. They were pretty fun pets, from what I hear.

I have three powerpals that I got second hand, but I haven't yet played with them. (I've only quickly inserted batteries to test functionality) So I really can't say how good they are. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
The cheapest dinkie dino I can find personally goes to 30 usd. The ones that i find on ebay in uk are all fake >> ><! Hmmm sadly Tama-Go costs much more and i do not even know if i will pay even more at the customs T.T (Greece)

Hello, all! Just wanted to let you guys know that I've got a spare Dinkie Dino in my collection and I'm putting it up for sale. It's right HERE in tBay if you guys are interested. For those who have always wanted to try one, here's your chance! Thanks! :mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back