TAMAGO opinions?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smuff123

Reaction score
hey guys. I reeeeeeeeally want a tamago. But i have to save heaps of money to buy it (it is 40 NZD,). I am 13 and since i only get 3.00 a week, i am trying to do heaps of chores to save up (only need 20 more dollars). But is it really that good? like is it worth the save? I havn't ever played with it, but i only know some of what it is like, cause i have seen youtube vids. so out of ten, what rating is it? or is it good or bad? Thanx all you tama talkers out there :huh: :lol:

Hiya smuff123, I'm from NZ too and went to The Warehouse to get mine, they cost $36.99. The Figures cost $12.99 each. I only started mine up today and I am quite enjoying it. I've not played with one since I had my first when Tamagotchis had only just come out (And yes I am an adult lol) Perhaps you could ask your parents if you do an extra chore or two if they would mind bumping your pocket money to $5 a week? That gives you a month to get you what you need and they might even drop in price by then. (Toyworld have Tamagotchis for $31.99 at the moment) If you really want one and you think you will play with it a lot then keep saving. If you don't think you have the time to go looking after one and you will find it boring after a while then don't. I would give it a 10/10 just beacuse Tamagotchis have come a very long way since I was your age and I am really enjoying playing with it and going online to Tama Town.

I think the Tama go is worth it to buy i live in australia and i have a tama go i had to buy it from ebay but i love it and it is so much fun especially with the Gotchi Figures

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi smuff123!

I would also give mine a high rating. Maybe 9/10? The games are great and I love the new friendship meter, taking my Tama to the park, and redecorating its house. The animations are all really fun! TamaTown online also adds a whole new dimension to the toy, especially with the fact that you can transfer Gotchi Points back and forth. All in all, there is a lot about it to love and to keep you occupied.

The one thing keeping me from giving it a 10/10 is that to enjoy it to its full extent, you do need to try out the full Gotchi figures. I would suggest getting one with your new Tama-Go if at all possible, but even if you can't, the toy is still fun. The figures are the only way to give your Tamas items to wear and play with.

One thing I got kind of lucky with is that the one full figure I got was Mametchi, and since my Tama-Go ended up growing into Mametchi, he gets to earn extra GP by running the shop when the figure is attached.

Unfortunately, I can't afford any other figures at this time (and I am also an adult). But even with just the one, I am really enjoying my Tama-Go. If you're able to save up the money, I'd say it's worth it. :)

I would recommend saving and buying one. If you can, on ebay you can find some great deals on them... You do need to worry about the importing though as far as I would think...

They are pretty fun to play with and if you can, buy the figures too...

Hello fellow Kiwi!

They're at the warehouse for 37NZD and Toyworld 32NZD (Only for a limited time, may go up to 39NZD)

I got one at toyworld on Monday, I really enjoy it!

tamagotchis don't have ratings, and it's okay

thanks all you guys, i only need 19 dollars now B) .

Oh i forgot to say, since i live in a small town (not allowed to say where) the toyworld in my town isnt getting them for a few weeks :p .

But that will give me more time to save!

Oh and mochi_dreams, i did ask my parents for more pocket money,

but since i actually get six dollars a week, but half of goes to my bank account which i am NOT allowed to spend :p .

But i get the other half which i can spend. So if i get five dollars in my spending money, i would get five dollars in my saving money. So that would mean my parents would be paying $10 for me.

Plus i have a twin sister, so if i get more pocket money, so will she. so my parents would actually be paying $20 a month

Hope that made sense

oh and most importantly

what color should i get :p

green

blue

or white

GREAT NEWS :D . my family is going to invercargill (a city that is close ish to our town) on monday!

and they DO HAVE THE TAMAGO!!!!!

i am so happy!!!!

anyways, i called the toyworld and asked if they could book the green mametchi tamago and they said yes!!!! Now i have a mametchi booked tamago and it is ten bucks less!! :p :p B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)

Thats great! I hope you enjoy it! Take care as the screen is very fragile. (It scratches easily)

If you can get a small screen protecter.... Like for a Nintendo DS or a Smart phone like an IPhone or Blackberry, Get one.

Yay smuff123! It's great you're getting a Tama-Go! And what a great deal, $10 less! Congrats!

I honestly like the Tama-Go. Sure, they took away some stuff, but it's still great and very very fun.

I'm glad that it is good cause when i buy it, i will only have 20cents :p . But from what you guys say, it seems like it is REALLY worth the money! I am getting it tomorrow! so happy! :D

hey guys. I reeeeeeeeally want a tamago. But i have to save heaps of money to buy it (it is 40 NZD,). I am 13 and since i only get 3.00 a week, i am trying to do heaps of chores to save up (only need 20 more dollars). But is it really that good? like is it worth the save? I havn't ever played with it, but i only know some of what it is like, cause i have seen youtube vids. so out of ten, what rating is it? or is it good or bad? Thanx all you tama talkers out there :huh: :lol:
hmm i want to get one too, the im doubting tama-go. it doesn't have school/work, so there isn't anything to work up to when it comes to the games :( ... but, IS there anything to work up to? in anyway? :S please help...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Chubina: You could say the Tama-go is a more laid-back version because you don't have to gain skill points, different ages do not unlock different games (only the Date Place is unlocked after your 'gotchi has been an adult for a few years), so if that was one of your favorite features of previous versions, you might not like this one.

Some features you may be interested in, however, include the ability to remodel your house by purchasing a new backdrop from the store. It is interesting because doing this alters every area of your house, from the main screen to the bathroom. Also, different figures have different games and shops where you can buy things such as clothes for adult characters to wear, but I have yet to buy an extra figure, so I don't know a whole lot about that.

@Chubina: You could say the Tama-go is a more laid-back version because you don't have to gain skill points, different ages do not unlock different games (only the Date Place is unlocked after your 'gotchi has been an adult for a few years), so if that was one of your favorite features of previous versions, you might not like this one.

Some features you may be interested in, however, include the ability to remodel your house by purchasing a new backdrop from the store. It is interesting because doing this alters every area of your house, from the main screen to the bathroom. Also, different figures have different games and shops where you can buy things such as clothes for adult characters to wear, but I have yet to buy an extra figure, so I don't know a whole lot about that.
Ohhh... i kinda miss the first one now that i think of it...maybe ill try this one :) thanks a bunch btw, can you buy items for it on tamatown, and transfer?

Ohhh... i kinda miss the first one now that i think of it...maybe ill try this one :) thanks a bunch btw, can you buy items for it on tamatown, and transfer?
I'm afraid not because there aren't things like the toys and instruments the Music Star had, I was a bit disappointed on that note, too, but it doesn't stop me from really liking this version.

It does, however, unlock some features on Tamatown, such as buying pets to go in your room, and if you get certain characters, you get plush doll versions of them, also for decoration.

I think the Tama-Go is good because of its simplicity. It's taking back to when tamagotchi was just a virtual pet, without jobs or skill points. Tamagotchi is starting to remind me a lot of the sims. :mellow:

Either way, I can't wait to get my Tama-Go soon! :rolleyes:

I have to say, the TMGO is SOOOO worth it. I love mine, and it is my constant companion, especially when I get sick and I can't go out. :( , But, my TMGO always keeps me company :3 I love it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back