Buying Tamagotchis in the UK

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicefly

Reaction score
So ever since I read the thread about Tamagotchis being discontinued in the UK, I've been panicking about having a hard time collecting them.

So today I went on a crazy Tama-hunt to find stores that still sold them. None of these stores sold any:

The Entertainer

Toymaster

Tesco Extra

Asda

B&N Bargains

But I did find some V3's and Music Stars in Toys 'R' Us. In fact, I swiped the lot of them :( Kind of greedy I guess, but it was a pretty disappointing haul, as you can see in this picture 9I opened two of them. They also have Music Stars in Argos but they had none in stock.

I would really like to find some more, especially V4.5 or Familitchi. Does anybody know any shops where they are selling these?

It's probably worth keeping an eye on the Argos web site - I can check if our local store has them in stock, order online and then go collect the ordered item in person and pay for it on collection.

Otherwise apart from Toys R Us there's Smyths toy stores or larger department stores with a toy department like... Debenhams, John Lewis, Fenwicks (not sure if any of these have stores near you, but you could try to google department stores in the UK) - don't forget there are also independent department stores - although they're not so common these days.

After that, I would check out the smaller towns around you with local independent toy shops - we have a few in the towns / villages in my area. In fact these are quite good places to pick up older versions - they kind of lurk under dust at the back of the store and are sometimes reduced because a new version has been launched.

Also worth checking out are local primary / secondary schools and churches that are holding Bazaars / Jumble Sales - you would be amazed how often tamas turn up on the toy stall there...

(I've found old V1s and V2s, V5s and even a Uniglo Chibi tama at local jumble sales).

Otherwise, it is online sales... ebay and Amazon UK still have loads of second hand and new tamas - and the added advantage of these kinds of sites is that you can obtain tamas that are not being marketed in the UK - like the Tama-Go, the TamaWalkie and other ancestors or Japanese models.

Good Luck with the search :(

Thanks TamaMum!

I didn't even think of looking in deparatment stores, but Debenhams and John Lewis do sell toys, so I can always have a look one time :mellow:

I think the jumble sale idea was a great one too, it hadn't occurred to me. The church I attend could well be holding one soon as well ^-^ I think it would be exciting to hunt for Tamagotchis in the wild, rather than in shops haha!

But yes, I think my next task is to comb the Trafford Centre...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back