Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Welcome to the new TamaTalk!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

-Gotchi-Gotchi-

• gotchi-gotchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:00 AM ( #41 )

The new TamaTalk is pretty cool! It's a bit of a learning curve, but it's great! The newest thing I discovered is that when you click inside the text input box of Fast Reply, it opens up virtually the whole regular reply UI on the page! Oh yeah, and you can quote more than one person at once much more easily now!
Sorry for the jargon...
Very well done, Admin. I love it!

Edited by -Gotchi-Gotchi-, 21 October 2010 - 02:00 AM.

Sweet Kandi

• sweet-kandi user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:45 AM ( #42 )

Just out of curiosity, but is the little plus button on the bottom right corner of people's posts similar to a like button? Because that would be awesome O:
  • '/={3 likes this

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:14 AM ( #43 )

Just out of curiosity, but is the little plus button on the bottom right corner of people's posts similar to a like button? Because that would be awesome O:

It's not quite a Like button... That is the reputation button... We haven't worked out the finer details of reputation yet but it is essentially a community version of karma. We still have karma which is "official" kudos from staff to people... Now with reputation you get to give reputation points to members who post useful stuff. As the points add up their score goes higher and higher. You should be able to see the reputation box on the profile page. The catch? There is a limit to the number of reputation points that can be given out in a day.
  • Sweet Kandi and '/={3 like this

roxas831

• roxas831 user photo

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:20 AM ( #44 )

WOW! what can I say?? Tamatalk was so beautiful and it changed a lot! I liked it this way but, I love the old one! and I missed it so much! like I wanna cry!! ='(..but let's just accept the fact that everything in this world changes!

BRAVO ! Admin! well done
=)

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:06 AM ( #45 )

Well I hope everyone sees this announcement... I am so sorry about this. I am not trying to be mean by introducing all these cool new features and then taking them away after a couple of days! :P Please know I am working as hard as I can to keep these interruptions to a minimum.

Mametchi419

• mametchi419 user photo

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:56 PM ( #46 )

Pros:
It doesn't looks so plain
More awesome features
Cons:
Laggy in my dial-up
Makes my browser freeze for a few seconds when I scroll or move mouse

Personally, even though this has more features, old TT is better
and the new CP is harder to find things
geehhhh.... there's only one Chat room?
I don't like the updates very much anymore.

Dazzlelitchi

• dazzlelitchi user photo

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:56 AM ( #47 )

i like this tamatalk it's nice

i i'm just confused about the forums,, i'm having difficulty finding stuff

GotchiGirl96

• gotchigirl96 user photo

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:43 PM ( #48 )

Wait, so I'm confused. What happened with the karma system?

Edited by GotchiGirl96, 23 October 2010 - 01:45 PM.

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:44 PM ( #49 )

Wait, so I'm confused. What happened with the karma system?

Nothing happened to the Karma system - it's the same as it was before.

There is an additional system called "Reputation" - Admin has explained it already - (a few posts above): http://www.tamatalk....dpost&p=3029845

Is that what you were asking about?

To be honest, the changes to the whole site are a lot to take on board in one go... just keep browsing and experimenting and I am sure you will find answers to your questions or you will figure things out ;)

It just takes a little time for the site to become more familiar, is all :)

GotchiGirl96

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:48 PM ( #50 )

Oh, it is still the same? I couldn't find mine or anyone else's karma statuses, so I thought that Admin got rid of it altogether. But I guess not. That's good. I like the karma system, it's something no other site has.

Can someone also explain to me what an active post is and why everyone's active post counts differ from their regular post counts?
  • Admin likes this

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:46 PM ( #51 )

Oh, it is still the same? I couldn't find mine or anyone else's karma statuses, so I thought that Admin got rid of it altogether. But I guess not. That's good. I like the karma system, it's something no other site has.

You know what... I'm glad you said that. I went back and checked the settings and it looks like I forgot to switch on the option to allow everyone to see their own karma! Sorry for that. You should be able to see it now.

Pikachi

• pikachi user photo

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:05 PM ( #52 )

(Where's the reply button??? I can't fin- Oh. There it is. At the top. Um. No wonder I couldn't find it.)

So I've been away for a while and I got back on and this is what happened:

Me, thinking: Tama talk tama talk... Dum dee du- WHAAAAA!?!?! (at this point, I checked the URL, just to make sure that this indeed was tama talk) Um, um, WHAT??? Oh, uh, log in! Yes! I want to do that! WHY IS MY AVATAR GONE?!? :( Oh, no, it's not gone, just somewhere else.
Um, um, ADMIN! I'M SOOO COFUSED! (And then I had a really nasty thought: What if someone else had taken over Tama Talk and Admin was GONE?!? :o Luckily for me, I found that the site map was in the same place, so I came to the news area and HERE I AM!)

So yes, I realize that this is quite a bit of freaking out over some changes, but I have borderline Asperger's syndrome, so all changes to something I am very used to come as a shock. Even good changes.

Basically, this is going to take some adjusting.

Sweet Kandi

• sweet-kandi user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:44 AM ( #53 )

(Where's the reply button??? I can't fin- Oh. There it is. At the top. Um. No wonder I couldn't find it.)

So I've been away for a while and I got back on and this is what happened:

Me, thinking: Tama talk tama talk... Dum dee du- WHAAAAA!?!?! (at this point, I checked the URL, just to make sure that this indeed was tama talk) Um, um, WHAT??? Oh, uh, log in! Yes! I want to do that! WHY IS MY AVATAR GONE?!? :( Oh, no, it's not gone, just somewhere else.
Um, um, ADMIN! I'M SOOO COFUSED! (And then I had a really nasty thought: What if someone else had taken over Tama Talk and Admin was GONE?!? :o Luckily for me, I found that the site map was in the same place, so I came to the news area and HERE I AM!)

So yes, I realize that this is quite a bit of freaking out over some changes, but I have borderline Asperger's syndrome, so all changes to something I am very used to come as a shock. Even good changes.

Basically, this is going to take some adjusting.

XD Freaking out is completely understandable, especially if you weren't aware that we were upgrading. I probably would have had a spaz too.

There's also an add reply button at the bottom too :D

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:32 AM ( #54 )

You know what... I'm glad you said that. I went back and checked the settings and it looks like I forgot to switch on the option to allow everyone to see their own karma! Sorry for that. You should be able to see it now.

Oh, but wait- I can see my own Karma just fine, but not anyone elses ! :P

Am I the only one seeing this? Does this mean that we can't see Karma other than our own?

Diplodocus,

• diplodocus user photo

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:14 AM ( #55 )

Woah, it's different. O___O
Pretty cool though.

TAMAGIRL2008

• tamagirl2008 user photo

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:40 AM ( #56 )

Wow. It's so different! It's a little slower to load now(unless it's just my computer playing up) and there are a few features I'm not used to but I'm sure I'll adjust to it. I do miss the old TT sliiightly but that's because I knew how to use it and such. I love love love this new upgrade though. Chat is a bit boring because it only has 1 room which can get confusing and you can't change the colour of your text or background.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:14 PM ( #57 )

Oh, but wait- I can see my own Karma just fine, but not anyone elses ! :P

Am I the only one seeing this? Does this mean that we can't see Karma other than our own?

I have added this to the bugs list. I will be looking into being able to view everyone else's karma. :)

Wow. It's so different! It's a little slower to load now(unless it's just my computer playing up) and there are a few features I'm not used to but I'm sure I'll adjust to it.

Hopefully not everything is slower. There are actually lots of features that SHOULD make things pretty quick to load. The one exception maybe the main forum index page with the sidebar and everything else. That page is loaiding a LOT of different things. It should be pretty responsive but maybe not the first time you visit the page.

Is anyone else seeing pages load slower than before the upgrade?

GotchiGirl96

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:17 PM ( #58 )

Yes, I've also noticed that I can see my karma status, but no one else's.

And I have a dial up internet connection, and I have noticed that TamaTalk is loading a lot slower than before the upgrade.

Pikachi

• pikachi user photo

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:04 PM ( #59 )

XD Freaking out is completely understandable, especially if you weren't aware that we were upgrading. I probably would have had a spaz too.

There's also an add reply button at the bottom too :D

Oh. I didn't see that. I'm used to just being able to click reply on the bottom of whatever post I'm on without a quote showing up XD

Doing some exploring today. One of the things I noticed is the "My assistant" thing is gone. Kind of a bummer, I used that one a lot.

'/={3

• 3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:28 PM ( #60 )

um, so when is the art and photo album coming back? :( [img]http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://warrior-catz.weebly.com/uploads/3/0/1/8/3018280/7992607_orig.jpg&imgrefurl=http://warrior-catz.weebly.com/warrior-cats.html&usg=__WiHXWVaSZkZnPS1OBJLCQFz8dUs=&h=289&w=386&sz=45&hl=en&start=297&zoom=1&tbnid=Ly9OPcz3M_-fGM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=151&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwarrior%2Bcats%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1920%26bih%3D910%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C3383&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=1552&vpy=546&dur=299&hovh=194&hovw=260&tx=143&ty=134&ei=ppjITIXZCsHflgfCj4H2Ag&oei=1ZfITLWAJYP-8AayqtClDw&esq=9&page=5&ndsp=70&ved=1t:429,r:32,s:297&biw=1920&bih=910[/img]