Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Welcome to the new TamaTalk!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jappyx

• jappyx user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Admin Team

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:15 PM ( #69 )

art and photo album....

The photo album isn’t showing at the moment because a new version of the software is coming (hopefully) any day now. Admin decided to wait until the update for the photo album is out before making it live. This should hopefully minimise any problems that could be experienced in upgrading. :)
See Admins post here.

And check out the status log for any updates. :)

Jeakk

• jeakk user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:15 AM ( #70 )

aheeheehee i only just joined and i think it owns hahaha:) but im not sure what it looked like before so i don't mind....oh and to whover said something about serebii...thanks for reminding me...haha time for my daily checkup serebii pwns

ambybug

• ambybug user photo

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:05 PM ( #71 )

No offense but I liked it the other way before!!! When I went to log in I thought I was in the wrong place!!!! Where's the chat?????

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:33 PM ( #72 )

No offense but I liked it the other way before!!! When I went to log in I thought I was in the wrong place!!!! Where's the chat?????

I think it would be beneficial to you to browse around the site. Not much has changed from the old version (at least to me), just a few tweaks here and there. By the way, the chat is up at the top, where it says forums, more, TamaCHAT, settings, and sign out. Also, welcome! :)

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:22 AM ( #73 )

Well, it's not bad! It looks a bit more generic, though (no special "New Post!" icon, etc.).

I hope this would not be too much of a burden, but also have a suggestion for the site: MySkin (where you can change the background, color of toolbars, maybe "TamaTalk" logo, etc. of your forum experience; kind-of like the old skins only the users can change it to their liking).

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:06 PM ( #74 )

Well, it's not bad! It looks a bit more generic, though (no special "New Post!" icon, etc.).

I hope this would not be too much of a burden, but also have a suggestion for the site: MySkin (where you can change the background, color of toolbars, maybe "TamaTalk" logo, etc. of your forum experience; kind-of like the old skins only the users can change it to their liking).

I do want to bring in more customizing for the look of the site (more skins, other customizations, etc)... However, first I am concentrating on getting things "right" as far as how the site behaves and working out the kinks and stuff. Once I am comfortable that things are how they should be then I will spend time adding new stuff.

It has now been exactly one month since we did the upgrade. I have been working a LOT on trying to fix things, make the site faster and looking into new stuff to add. It is time consuming. unfortunately, as the holidays approach, my free time will start to shrink. For now I can't say when these things will happen. :(

TAMAGIRL2008

• tamagirl2008 user photo

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:52 AM ( #75 )

I've pretty much gotten used to the new TT now. I know my way round etc. I do I have one question though. What is the Reputation thing on your profile?

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:05 AM ( #76 )

I've pretty much gotten used to the new TT now. I know my way round etc. I do I have one question though. What is the Reputation thing on your profile?

Hello! Here's some info about Reputation by Admin a few posts up:

It's not quite a Like button... That is the reputation button... We haven't worked out the finer details of reputation yet but it is essentially a community version of karma. We still have karma which is "official" kudos from staff to people... Now with reputation you get to give reputation points to members who post useful stuff. As the points add up their score goes higher and higher. You should be able to see the reputation box on the profile page. The catch? There is a limit to the number of reputation points that can be given out in a day.

• Admin likes this

TAMAGIRL2008

• tamagirl2008 user photo

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:14 PM ( #77 )

^ Oh. Ok. Thanks!

tamacrazy657

• tamacrazy657 user photo

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:22 PM ( #78 )

Omg i havent been on tamatalk in forever :) sup everyone

Ristar

• ristar user photo

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:10 PM ( #79 )

Liking the new software, it even works on my iPhone. Niiice.

Dolphin Girl

• dolphin-girl user photo

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:35 AM ( #80 )

I didn't even notice the change and got used to it in a day. I love the Chat the way it is, less spam. But it has become awfully unpopular :(

PMing was difficult at first, whenever I try to PM my friend, it always says:

"this recipent cannot recieve any new messages"

or something like that. Wierd. It still happens.

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:48 AM ( #81 )

I didn't even notice the change and got used to it in a day. I love the Chat the way it is, less spam. But it has become awfully unpopular :(

PMing was difficult at first, whenever I try to PM my friend, it always says:

"this recipent cannot recieve any new messages"

or something like that. Wierd. It still happens.

It's possible that the person you're PM'ing has not cleaned / emptied out his or her inbox- then they cannot receive new messages.

I think you can try commenting on their profile though... tell them to clean out their inbox and try again. :]

Purin

• purin user photo

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:52 AM ( #82 )

I'm new here, so this is fairly easy.

Purin

• purin user photo

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:16 AM ( #83 )

Can we post videos?

sarah8

• sarah8 user photo

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:41 PM ( #84 )

Okay, I just need to get this out of my system...

I MISS THE OLD TT!
It just isn't the same. This is NOT the TT that I used to love and still do, unfortunately, it doesn't exist. Whenever I use it, I just don't feel the same love for it as I used to. I just feel like something's lacking. I was all up for the idea at first, but this doesn't seem right, like that website I know. It's too different for my liking. Sorry, that's just my opinion!

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:53 AM ( #85 )

Okay, I just need to get this out of my system...

I MISS THE OLD TT!
It just isn't the same. This is NOT the TT that I used to love and still do, unfortunately, it doesn't exist. Whenever I use it, I just don't feel the same love for it as I used to. I just feel like something's lacking. I was all up for the idea at first, but this doesn't seem right, like that website I know. It's too different for my liking. Sorry, that's just my opinion!

Sarah8 I appreciate you being honest. Change is always a hard thing to plan for because some people will love it and others will hate it. I Will say that we HAD to make the upgrade. The software we were running before was really old and TamaTalk as a whole was starting to be in the risky position of upgrade or else risk being hacked because of the security problems that were no longer being fixed. At one point I even found us on a list of sites that would be easy to hack. That scared me. We've been on the new software long enough that I cn admit that publicly now. Essentially I am trying to say that it came down to upgrade or risk the site possibly dying through hackers repeatedly attacking us. I was unsure of what to do but ended up being amazed when the community helped buy the upgrade to keep this place alive. So, yes, the site is different from before. I'd love to keep the community feel going but I need some help in identifying what changes people would like to see. If you have ideas then please post them in the suggestions forum. :D

†