Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Welcome to the new TamaTalk!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

cpvr

• cpvr user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:09 AM ( #86 )

The software we were running before was really old and TamaTalk as a whole was starting to be in the risky position of upgrade or else risk being hacked because of the security problems that were no longer being fixed. At one point I even found us on a list of sites that would be easy to hack. That scared me. We've been on the new software long enough that I cn admit that publicly now. Essentially I am trying to say that it came down to upgrade or risk the site possibly dying through hackers repeatedly attacking us

What software were you guys running before? Why did you chose IPB? Why not vBulletin or Xenforo?

'/={3

• 3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:42 PM ( #87 )

um, so when is the art and photo album coming back? :( [img]http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://warrior-catz.weebly.com/uploads/3/0/1/8/3018280/7992607_orig.jpg&imgrefurl=http://warrior-catz.weebly.com/warrior-cats.html&usg=__WiHXWVaSZkZnPS1OBJLCQFz8dUs=&h=289&w=386&sz=45&hl=en&start=297&zoom=1&tbnid=Ly9OPcz3M_-fGM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=151&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwarrior%2Bcats%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1920%26bih%3D910%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C3383&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=1552&vpy=546&dur=299&hovh=194&hovw=260&tx=143&ty=134&ei=ppjITIXZCsHflgfCj4H2Ag&oei=1ZfITLWAJYP-8AayqtClDw&esq=9&page=5&ndsp=70&ved=1t:429,r:32,s:297&biw=1920&bih=910[/img]

wow, LOL THAT didnt work XD

cpvr

• cpvr user photo

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:49 PM ( #88 )

wow, LOL THAT didnt work XD

Ya, that's because its an incorrect image url.

'/={3

• 3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:51 PM ( #89 )

aww.. its taking quite awhile for the art n photo thingy.. XD i cant even remember what the old tt looked like ; ;

^ ^
( ='.')=
( )~~~~~ kitteh with a tail X)

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:07 PM ( #90 )

What software were you guys running before? Why did you chose IPB? Why not vBulletin or Xenforo?

We were running an ancient IPB 1.3 version before. I used to be a big fan of vBulletin until v4 and then things went south. I built two sites using it and now wouldn't touch it again. Xenforo is interesting to me but I want to make sure they can survive their lawsuit from vB.

aww.. its taking quite awhile for the art n photo thingy.. XD i cant even remember what the old tt looked like ; ;

I apologize for the delay with the photo gallery. It has been frustrating to think things were going to be arriving soon and then having it drag out for months. I have been working behind the scene sto find a way to get it back as soon as possible. Unfortunately, real life has kept me pretty busy so I haven't had much time to get it moving far enough. :(

mew0099

• mew0099 user photo

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:18 AM ( #91 )

^ Admin, just keep working as hard as you can for now.
Real-life troubles can slow things down, so don't worry if things go a bit off for now.

I can agree that the chat is somewhat slow nowadays; the most people I've ever seen was about 7.
I prefered it when you could have your writing in colour (very personlaized) and two chatting rooms (one for tamatalking, the other for general talking) but it is fine as it is for now.

Making a forum and replying to one is simple and clean, and I like the multi-quote.

Personalizing your own profile has never been easier (I actually know if I have to shrink my photo a bit) and I like how you can put in your own background.
I also like comments and status updates (yes, it does remind me of Facebook, even though I don't have an account).

The PM system/notification system is good too.

So far, the New Tamatalk has been a nice update, quite easy to get used to. I can't wait for the photo album!

cpvr

• cpvr user photo

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:59 PM ( #92 )

We were running an ancient IPB 1.3 version before. I used to be a big fan of vBulletin until v4 and then things went south. I built two sites using it and now wouldn't touch it again. Xenforo is interesting to me but I want to make sure they can survive their lawsuit from vB.

Such as? vBulletin seems to be great for us. I know XENForo is coming out to be some good software, but a lot of people are waiting information on the lawsuit as well. And plus, it doesn't have a lot of features for staff, like infractions.