Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

New TamaTalk: Please report any bugs or problems here!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:51 PM ( #171 )

As you are probably looking around the new site now... Please post here if you encounter any bugs, problems, or weird things that you find here. I'll be using this topic to track problems so that I can make a big to-do list of things needing a fix.

Thank you all for your patience during this upgrade!

**REPORTED PROBLEMS**
- login window appears with each page - FIXED
- problems with the chat not working/freezing - NEED MORE INFORMATION (read more)
- problem accessing Introductions and Departures - FIXED
- PMs not showing - FIXED
- problems with changing profile customization background - WORKING ON IT
- members can only see their own karma and nobody else's - FIXED

I used to have the problem where I couldn't customize my background, but I tried the other day and it worked as it should. So in my case, this is fixed. Just thought I'd share that. :)

Yeah it is a browser issue, i'm using the new internet explorer and it ALWAYS duplicates profile messages and status updates, whereas oin chrome it never does that.

Internet Exploder.

From personal experience, IE isn't one of the best browsers you can use out there. A lot of things that work with other browsers don't with IE, even the newest versions. It also has a lot more bugs than any other browser I've used. I'd just stick with Chrome if you're looking for a good quality, fast browser. ;)

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:12 PM ( #172 )

I used to have the problem where I couldn't customize my background, but I tried the other day and it worked as it should. So in my case, this is fixed. Just thought I'd share that. :)

Internet Exploder.

From personal experience, IE isn't one of the best browsers you can use out there. A lot of things that work with other browsers don't with IE, even the newest versions. It also has a lot more bugs than any other browser I've used. I'd just stick with Chrome if you're looking for a good quality, fast browser. ;)

On windows and Mac computers Safari works well too.
~~~
And when you change your background and it doesn't change right away,logout and log back in.That always works for me when that happens.

Edited by kuromametchifan123, 30 April 2011 - 08:14 PM.

Pikachi

• pikachi user photo

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:27 PM ( #173 )

I appear to have a problem with my avatar/photo... It says I have changed them, and when i go to change them it shows the picture I want, but when I go to my profile or look at any posts, it is still stuck as the old picture...

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:47 PM ( #174 )

I appear to have a problem with my avatar/photo... It says I have changed them, and when i go to change them it shows the picture I want, but when I go to my profile or look at any posts, it is still stuck as the old picture...

This has happened to other members before. Sometimes it takes a while for the new image(s) to show up.

Admin has also (previously) posted the following answer about new / replacement images not showing up:

One thing to check on the background images taking a while to show up is to make sure that the file name of the background image is not the same as the image you are replacing. If it is, then the caching on your browser or on the server may take a while to show the change.
Try it with different names and let me know if it still takes a while to show up.

I changed the background image on my profile recently and it took a while to show the change ;)

Miracle

• miracle user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:35 AM ( #175 )

Everytime I try to change my avatar, it takes the shape of the new one but the picture is the same as the old one for about 2 days.

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:13 AM ( #176 )

Yep... The caching sometimes takes a while to show changes like avatar and backgrounds. It is a tricky thing because without the caching service we would be a slower site... But with the service we get faster pages with occasional annoyances like these. I am looking into solutions. So sorry. :(

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:32 AM ( #177 )

Usually, when I want to change my avatar I go to Settings -> Change Avatar, click "Remove My Avatar", and then wait for about 15 - 30 minutes before uploading a new one.

Then I find that it shows up right away. This seems to work on background images and Photos as well. That's my little trick for the avatar issue. xP

I have no idea how well it works for everyone else though, so maybe the next time someone can try it out?
  • Admin and Royal Ludroth like this

SugaryGoesRAWR

• sugarygoesrawr user photo

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:53 PM ( #178 )

Hey Admin

Okay, sometimes when I'm on here, chat works fine. But, when I'm browsing a forum and I click on a topic it loads but doesn't stop. I then go to a new tab and come back, and the page is blank like a new tab. And when it does load, CloudFlare security pops up and it says Error. It also says I don't have permission to access Tamatalk for the rest of the day!
D:

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:07 PM ( #179 )

I've got two. Well, 3 kinda...

No Advertisements are showing up As of right now. Before I was getting a Page Cannot Be Displayed page.... In the Advrtisement box.... Not directly an issue for me.

I cannot comment on anyone's "Whats on Your Mind" unless I go to their profile. I cannot veiw comments either.... unless I go to the user's profile.

Then my user box thing isn't leaving. Its sticking around... Which I think is my biggest issue right now.

To save a bit of space... I put them into one image.

http://i54.tinypic.com/kdvalu.jpg

Edited by SailorRosette, 24 May 2011 - 06:08 PM.

Pikachi

• pikachi user photo

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:46 PM ( #180 )

Ah, thanks for telling me that! Like you said, my new pic is showing up fine now ;)

But now I have run into some new problems: 1)the drop-down list that shows up when you click on your username up at the top won't go away in Firefox. I don't seem to have this issue in IE, but it's blocking some of the buttons in the navigation bar.

2) I can't make any new topics. It says "Log in to start a new topic" even though I am logged in. Obviously I have no problems replying to one that already exists but I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen. This occures in both browsers.

Up until now, neither of these problems existed, so I thought I should let you know.

EDIT: I wrote this and posted this in IE, but when I clicked "Submit post" it loaded up an error screen saying that it couldn't display the page and the action was aborted. I tried refreshing a few times and it didn't go away. Now I am using Firefox, and I see it got posted, so I don't know what IE did.

Edited by Pikachi, 24 May 2011 - 10:49 PM.

Luna_Solara

• luna-solara user photo

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:10 AM ( #181 )

I'm not sure if this is just happening to me or if it's happening to everyone else. But when I post a status, reply to a status or write a comment on someones page, I click it once and it gets posted twice.

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:26 AM ( #182 )

Let me change a setting and let's see if the problems go away. Please try again and report back!

SailorRosette

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:28 PM ( #183 )

Mine is good now! I even have the advertisments back. Lol. Thank you!

Luna_Solara

• luna-solara user photo

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:44 PM ( #184 )

I forgot to add that after I post a new status, I try to delete one of them since it posts twice, it takes to an error screen that says "You are not authorized to change your status" and then it deletes it anyways.

SailorRosette

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:51 AM ( #185 )

I am seeing once again an issue... But I don't think its major. I am seeing a big gap before I read the title in the forum. Its just blank but its in all the forums I veiw... I'm not sure if its just my turn to be buggy now or if others are seeing it...

kuromametchifan123

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:28 PM ( #186 )

I've got two. Well, 3 kinda...

No Advertisements are showing up As of right now. Before I was getting a Page Cannot Be Displayed page.... In the Advrtisement box.... Not directly an issue for me.

I cannot comment on anyone's "Whats on Your Mind" unless I go to their profile. I cannot veiw comments either.... unless I go to the user's profile.

Then my user box thing isn't leaving. Its sticking around... Which I think is my biggest issue right now.

To save a bit of space... I put them into one image.

http://i54.tinypic.com/kdvalu.jpg

Yeah that's happening to me too.Now I can't log out cause the box is in the way!
And the little icon in the address bar is all pixelly. Picture (sorry it's so big.You can't tell what's in it when it's small)If it makes a difference,this is using safari on an apple iMac on Mac OS X like the new one)
Posted Image
I took this picture about 2 weeks ago but I forgot to post about it XD

kuromametchifan123

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:55 PM ( #187 )

Okay,I hate to bump this but I have a little problem. I have a Mac,I tried to login to Tama Talk from it and I typed in my username and password.Then I get the "Thanks you're now being transferred" page but then it logs me back out and I see Mametchi at the top with the "Register now!" thing. Or when I log in,I het logged in but then when I click something like a new topic,I get logged out and redirected to the guest screen.I can get in just fine from Tama Talk mobile though. I can't get in from an iPad either,it does the same thing. Sorry for bumping this,I wasn't sure where else to report a problem.
EDIT: I forgot to say,I tried Safari and Firefox on the Mac. I can log into other sites from it just fine;This is the first time this has happened.

Edited by kuromametchifan123, 24 September 2011 - 09:58 PM.