Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

New TamaTalk: Please report any bugs or problems here!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ginny Tonic

• ginny-tonic user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:11 PM ( #35 )

When I click a notification in the upper right hand corner next to my username, it'll say something like "usernamehere has started a personal conversation with you," but when I click it, I get a little red error screen saying "[#10227] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system."

& today when I try to access my profile, I get a similar error message saying I'm not allowed to view it. Yesterday and the day before I could though... XD;

Also I like the fact omg omg omg I can se Cosmic Sans <33

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:18 PM ( #36 )

Excuse me, but is the mobile site ready yet? If not, would you mind if I help design the graphics? ;)

EDIT: I also couldn't access my profile a little while ago. Is that fixed yet?

It says I'm not allowed to use the private messaging system or view member profiles.

When I click a notification in the upper right hand corner next to my username, it'll say something like "usernamehere has started a personal conversation with you," but when I click it, I get a little red error screen saying "[#10227] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system."

& today when I try to access my profile, I get a similar error message saying I'm not allowed to view it. Yesterday and the day before I could though... XD;

Also I like the fact omg omg omg I can se Cosmic Sans <33

You guys! Not that I'm trying to sound like a broken record or anything, but there's a reason why all this stuff isn't working and to explain, I'd like to draw your attention to this post I made just above:

As mentioned several times by various members above and all around the site, please check out THIS announcement (which is also posted at the top of every forum you visit on the site in big bold letters). That should clear things up. ;)

I really hope this does clear everything up for everyone. :) On the flip side, I got to try out the Multi-Quote feature, which is pretty nifty! :D

Edited by OldSchoolTama, 21 October 2010 - 04:24 PM.

tama2130

• tama2130 user photo

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:45 PM ( #37 )

i cant see my own profile and my photo got erased

Sweet Kandi

• sweet-kandi user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:55 PM ( #38 )

I almost wonder if there is a way to link that announcement into the error pages XD
It might give OldSchoolTama a break, lol.

patchis-forest

• patchis-forest user photo

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:21 PM ( #39 )

...When I said if only there were a mobile site... I really didn't mean it. Plus, I can't log in to the mobile site, so I can't post from my phone.

kk445

• kk445 user photo

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:28 PM ( #40 )

Makes sense. Thanks for clearing things up! By the way, don't sweat too much about having to disable things temporarily. It's all for the greater good in the end and we're understanding! Thanks for keeping us all posted in the process. Can't tell you how awesome everything looks right now and how much I appreciate all the great work you and the guides are putting in. :) I'll try out your suggestion about the background picture once everything is back up again!

As mentioned several times by various members above and all around the site, please check out THIS announcement (which is also posted at the top of every forum you visit on the site in big bold letters). That should clear things up. ;)

It was working yesterday, and I wasnt aware. Just informing tamatalk they had issues.. ;p

TamaLove754

• tamalove754 user photo

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:25 PM ( #41 )

Whenever I try to acess my porfile, it say's "You are not allowed to vew member's profiles"

OldSchoolTama

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:30 PM ( #42 )

I almost wonder if there is a way to link that announcement into the error pages XD
It might give OldSchoolTama a break, lol.

LOL, that would be cool. The fact that the Announcement feature is visible at the top of every single forum is pretty neat and well-done by Admin though, no doubt. Oh well, I tried. :P

Edited by OldSchoolTama, 21 October 2010 - 06:37 PM.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:09 PM ( #43 )

Whenever I try to acess my porfile, it say's "You are not allowed to vew member's profiles"

Ditto.

And my (maybe others too) Profile image isn't showing... Not my General Avatar visible in forums.
(Thanks!)

OldSchoolTama

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:41 PM ( #44 )

Just a quick reminder to those who are wondering, no one can access their profiles/PMs/notifications/avatars. Perhaps you've seen this, posted sometime early this morning? :)

Edited by OldSchoolTama, 21 October 2010 - 08:47 PM.

x.P O K E R F A C E

• xp-o-k-e-r-f-a-c-e user photo

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:07 PM ( #45 )

'[#10227] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system. '

I know Admin said the PM system would take a while to get running, but it says I have 10 conversations and I can't access them.

jappyx

• jappyx user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Admin Team

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:27 AM ( #46 )

'[#10227] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system. '

I know Admin said the PM system would take a while to get running, but it says I have 10 conversations and I can't access them.

Yeah this is all apart of the problems we’re having.

See: http://www.tamatalk....uncement=3&f=70

Hopefully everything should be returned to normal soon. :)

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:27 AM ( #47 )

Dunno if this has anything to do with some of the stuff ( status updates, profiles, PM's, etc. ) being turned off, but isn't the list of online users ( and those using the chat ) missing?

I only see the number of members celebrating their birthday today. :o

Another thing; Fast Reply lets us configure our post options right?
Because when I normally use Fast Reply, but it doesn't seem to have that "Click to configure post options" thing that Add Reply has.

I used Fast Reply a few days ago and the post options worked fine.

I feel a little iffy when I have to use Add Reply just so I could disable emotions each time. :P

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:36 AM ( #48 )

Many things (like the online user and chat lists) are disabled as part of this whole ordeal. I am hoping that these will return before tonight.

As far as the Fast Reply goes, I believe the post options are only available if you use the full editor.

UPDATE: We are back to normal again! Woohoo!

Edited by Admin, 22 October 2010 - 10:15 AM.

Sweet Kandi

• sweet-kandi user photo

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:46 PM ( #49 )

Many things (like the online user and chat lists) are disabled as part of this whole ordeal. I am hoping that these will return before tonight.

As far as the Fast Reply goes, I believe the post options are only available if you use the full editor.

UPDATE: We are back to normal again! Woohoo!

Not quite back to normal unfortunately :/
I'm trying to create a gallery/photo album, but I keep getting this error message:
"[#1072] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available. "

Yeeh, I'm logged in. Is the gallery mods only, or is it broken?

Also in the profile customization, I can't get the picture I want for some reason. I try to upload a picture for the background, and then it chooses a different one from the folder. I've tried both Firefox(the main one I use) and IE(I hate IE...) and both are showing the same problem.

Edited by Sweet Kandi, 22 October 2010 - 01:04 PM.

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:29 PM ( #50 )

I haven't done much of anything with the gallery yet because they are supposedly having a really nice new version released any day now. Until then, members can not create new photo albums sicne upgrades are easier if there isn't much in there to update (as illustrated with the PMs).

The profile customization backgrounds, however, are something else. I have heard a few different people mention this as being a problem. So are you able to set any image as the background? Right now it looks like there is no background on your profile so not sure what you tried to upload.

Sweet Kandi

• sweet-kandi user photo

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:43 PM ( #51 )

I haven't done much of anything with the gallery yet because they are supposedly having a really nice new version released any day now. Until then, members can not create new photo albums sicne upgrades are easier if there isn't much in there to update (as illustrated with the PMs).

The profile customization backgrounds, however, are something else. I have heard a few different people mention this as being a problem. So are you able to set any image as the background? Right now it looks like there is no background on your profile so not sure what you tried to upload.

I took it off because I couldn't get the right ones to show up. What happened was I tried a few different pictures and decided I didn't like them, so I did away with 'em. I tried to upload a few different things that I thought I might like, but kept getting the old ones back.

For example, I would select the picture "eye" to upload and the picture that would upload would be "penguin". Then if I went to "penguin", instead it would upload "pigloo." I don't know if that makes any more sense :/

Every time I try to upload a new picture, it gives me one of the old ones that I tried earlier and didn't like. Even if I clear everything and save before I try to upload a new one, it still doesn't cooperate.

-Edit-

I may possibly have a better example.

This is what I'm trying to upload: Posted Image

This is what actually uploads: Posted Image

Now, if I try for gits and shiggles to upload the second image of the penguins, I get Pigloo, which is my little dancing penguin avatar/picture/thing.

Edited by Sweet Kandi, 22 October 2010 - 01:48 PM.