Photo
2 votes

New TamaTalk: Please report any bugs or problems here!

• This topic is locked

TamaLove754

• tamalove754 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:25 PM ( #41 )

Whenever I try to acess my porfile, it say's "You are not allowed to vew member's profiles"

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:30 PM ( #42 )

I almost wonder if there is a way to link that announcement into the error pages XD
It might give OldSchoolTama a break, lol.

LOL, that would be cool. The fact that the Announcement feature is visible at the top of every single forum is pretty neat and well-done by Admin though, no doubt. Oh well, I tried. :P

Edited by OldSchoolTama, 21 October 2010 - 06:37 PM.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:09 PM ( #43 )

Whenever I try to acess my porfile, it say's "You are not allowed to vew member's profiles"

Ditto.

And my (maybe others too) Profile image isn't showing... Not my General Avatar visible in forums.
(Thanks!)

OldSchoolTama

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:41 PM ( #44 )

Just a quick reminder to those who are wondering, no one can access their profiles/PMs/notifications/avatars. Perhaps you've seen this, posted sometime early this morning? :)

Edited by OldSchoolTama, 21 October 2010 - 08:47 PM.

x.P O K E R F A C E

• xp-o-k-e-r-f-a-c-e user photo

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:07 PM ( #45 )

'[#10227] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system. '

I know Admin said the PM system would take a while to get running, but it says I have 10 conversations and I can't access them.

jappyx

• jappyx user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Admin Team

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:27 AM ( #46 )

'[#10227] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system. '

I know Admin said the PM system would take a while to get running, but it says I have 10 conversations and I can't access them.

Yeah this is all apart of the problems we’re having.

See: http://www.tamatalk....uncement=3&f=70

Hopefully everything should be returned to normal soon. :)

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:27 AM ( #47 )

Dunno if this has anything to do with some of the stuff ( status updates, profiles, PM's, etc. ) being turned off, but isn't the list of online users ( and those using the chat ) missing?

I only see the number of members celebrating their birthday today. :o

Another thing; Fast Reply lets us configure our post options right?
Because when I normally use Fast Reply, but it doesn't seem to have that "Click to configure post options" thing that Add Reply has.

I used Fast Reply a few days ago and the post options worked fine.

I feel a little iffy when I have to use Add Reply just so I could disable emotions each time. :P

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:36 AM ( #48 )

Many things (like the online user and chat lists) are disabled as part of this whole ordeal. I am hoping that these will return before tonight.

As far as the Fast Reply goes, I believe the post options are only available if you use the full editor.

UPDATE: We are back to normal again! Woohoo!

Edited by Admin, 22 October 2010 - 10:15 AM.

Sweet Kandi

• sweet-kandi user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:46 PM ( #49 )

Many things (like the online user and chat lists) are disabled as part of this whole ordeal. I am hoping that these will return before tonight.

As far as the Fast Reply goes, I believe the post options are only available if you use the full editor.

UPDATE: We are back to normal again! Woohoo!

Not quite back to normal unfortunately :/
I'm trying to create a gallery/photo album, but I keep getting this error message:
"[#1072] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available. "

Yeeh, I'm logged in. Is the gallery mods only, or is it broken?

Also in the profile customization, I can't get the picture I want for some reason. I try to upload a picture for the background, and then it chooses a different one from the folder. I've tried both Firefox(the main one I use) and IE(I hate IE...) and both are showing the same problem.

Edited by Sweet Kandi, 22 October 2010 - 01:04 PM.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:29 PM ( #50 )

I haven't done much of anything with the gallery yet because they are supposedly having a really nice new version released any day now. Until then, members can not create new photo albums sicne upgrades are easier if there isn't much in there to update (as illustrated with the PMs).

The profile customization backgrounds, however, are something else. I have heard a few different people mention this as being a problem. So are you able to set any image as the background? Right now it looks like there is no background on your profile so not sure what you tried to upload.

Sweet Kandi

• sweet-kandi user photo

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:43 PM ( #51 )

I haven't done much of anything with the gallery yet because they are supposedly having a really nice new version released any day now. Until then, members can not create new photo albums sicne upgrades are easier if there isn't much in there to update (as illustrated with the PMs).

The profile customization backgrounds, however, are something else. I have heard a few different people mention this as being a problem. So are you able to set any image as the background? Right now it looks like there is no background on your profile so not sure what you tried to upload.

I took it off because I couldn't get the right ones to show up. What happened was I tried a few different pictures and decided I didn't like them, so I did away with 'em. I tried to upload a few different things that I thought I might like, but kept getting the old ones back.

For example, I would select the picture "eye" to upload and the picture that would upload would be "penguin". Then if I went to "penguin", instead it would upload "pigloo." I don't know if that makes any more sense :/

Every time I try to upload a new picture, it gives me one of the old ones that I tried earlier and didn't like. Even if I clear everything and save before I try to upload a new one, it still doesn't cooperate.

-Edit-

I may possibly have a better example.

This is what I'm trying to upload: Posted Image

This is what actually uploads: Posted Image

Now, if I try for gits and shiggles to upload the second image of the penguins, I get Pigloo, which is my little dancing penguin avatar/picture/thing.

Edited by Sweet Kandi, 22 October 2010 - 01:48 PM.

Ryuk`

• ryuk user photo

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:55 PM ( #52 )

I've tried Internet Explorer,chat sill isn't working for me. Should I download Firefox and try that? I don't understand what's wrong.

Sweet Kandi

• sweet-kandi user photo

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:00 PM ( #53 )

I've tried Internet Explorer,chat sill isn't working for me. Should I download Firefox and try that? I don't understand what's wrong.

You could try that. I use Firefox and don't have any problems getting in. I was also able to get in using IE though, so it could be something to do with your computer. Maybe a missing plug in.

OldSchoolTama

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:04 PM ( #54 )

I took it off because I couldn't get the right ones to show up. What happened was I tried a few different pictures and decided I didn't like them, so I did away with 'em. I tried to upload a few different things that I thought I might like, but kept getting the old ones back.

For example, I would select the picture "eye" to upload and the picture that would upload would be "penguin". Then if I went to "penguin", instead it would upload "pigloo." I don't know if that makes any more sense :/

Every time I try to upload a new picture, it gives me one of the old ones that I tried earlier and didn't like. Even if I clear everything and save before I try to upload a new one, it still doesn't cooperate.

-Edit-

I may possibly have a better example.

This is what I'm trying to upload: Posted Image

This is what actually uploads: Posted Image

Now, if I try for gits and shiggles to upload the second image of the penguins, I get Pigloo, which is my little dancing penguin avatar/picture/thing.

Hellllooo! I had this problem too. This is what Admin recommended:

One thing to check on the background images taking a while to show up is to make sure that the file name of the background image is not the same as the image you are replacing. If it is then the caching on your browser or on the server may take a while to show the change. Try it with different names and let me know if it still takes a while to show up.

Haven't had a chance yet to try it out myself, but it seems like it might be something that would work. Hopefully it does! :)

Sweet Kandi

• sweet-kandi user photo

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:54 PM ( #55 )

Hellllooo! I had this problem too. This is what Admin recommended:

Haven't had a chance yet to try it out myself, but it seems like it might be something that would work. Hopefully it does! :)

Aha! I didn't see that! Thank you XD

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:50 PM ( #56 )

I'd love it if both of you try it and post if problems continue. :)

Sweet Kandi

• sweet-kandi user photo

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:23 PM ( #57 )

I'd love it if both of you try it and post if problems continue. :)

Oh, how 'bout that. It works now, lol.
So I guess just give it a bit of time to reset itself?

-Edit-
That eye makes a horrid background XD

Edited by Sweet Kandi, 22 October 2010 - 09:25 PM.

Tama_dude2010

• tama-dude2010 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:55 AM ( #58 )

It wont let me see voting options on polls. :(

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:10 PM ( #59 )

Oh, how 'bout that. It works now, lol.
So I guess just give it a bit of time to reset itself?

-Edit-
That eye makes a horrid background XD

Woohoo! Good to know and glad it is working...

Not sure ho the eye would look but the army of animated penguins bowing is also quite a sight! :P

It wont let me see voting options on polls. :(

Are you talking about voting in a poll or starting a new poll? Which poll are you trying to see?

kk445

• kk445 user photo

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:21 PM ( #60 )

^I second this. One time, it showed a topic that was a poll, but there were no options where you would usually vote..

And I was also wondering about the photo albums / gallery, but Im glad there's an answet to that.