Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

New TamaTalk: Please report any bugs or problems here!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:12 PM ( #101 )

I'm still having problems with reporting topics. It's intermittent: sometimes it works (still takes longer than usual, relative to how it was pre-TT upgrade, for it to send though) and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't go through, this message pops up on an otherwise blank white page: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/tamatalk/public_html/IB/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 2370." Maybe you can make some sense of it, Admin? :huh:

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:50 AM ( #102 )

I'm still having problems with reporting topics. It's intermittent: sometimes it works (still takes longer than usual, relative to how it was pre-TT upgrade, for it to send though) and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't go through, this message pops up on an otherwise blank white page: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/tamatalk/public_html/IB/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 2370." Maybe you can make some sense of it, Admin? :huh:

I think the reports still go through, OST.
I got the same message when I reported something an hour ago, but the next time I checked the topic was moved. Maybe someone else did the reporting... ? :o

OldSchoolTama

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:28 AM ( #103 )

I think the reports still go through, OST.
I got the same message when I reported something an hour ago, but the next time I checked the topic was moved. Maybe someone else did the reporting... ? :o

I think someone else did the reporting because when it didn't work for me a few weeks ago, another member told me they were able to report just fine. It began working for me yesterday afternoon after several tries (after I reported the bug on Thanksgiving, so maybe it was fixed?), so even if it wasn't going through for you, it got reported anyway because it was working for me (assuming we're both reporting the same things, which is highly probable :)). When it doesn't work for both of us, there's someone else out there for whom reporting does work who reports things, possibly giving off the illusion that despite getting that message, the reports are still going through somehow (which they do, just not by us). At least I think that's what's happening anyway. :P

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:51 AM ( #104 )

Thank you both for these comments. I am still not sure what the problem is but am looking into it! :)

jappyx

• jappyx user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Admin Team

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:04 PM ( #105 )

Just a general note to all members on this issue, remember that if you believe the reports arent working, you can PM a Guide/Admin about it and well solve the issue as soon as possible. Thanks. :)

.:Rising-Sun:.

• rising-sun user photo

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:43 PM ( #106 )

The chat sometimes Kicks me out or It never loads!
I'm Sure you will find a way to fix that though~

Catalyst.

• catalyst user photo

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:51 PM ( #107 )

Oh dear. I just found this thread ^-^.

I have two problems, for my RP thread I cannot edit it more then 3-4 times a day, and I keep a list of the characters added on there, so that means I keep having to edit it.

Link to thread: http://www.tamatalk....0

I also cannot see any polls, well no I cannot see some polls.
I can see this: http://www.tamatalk....howtopic=172514
but I could not see this one: http://www.tamatalk....howtopic=131619

But the buttons "Vote" and "See Results." Are there, just no options to choose from.

Edited by Catalyst., 10 December 2010 - 06:51 PM.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:33 PM ( #108 )

The chat sometimes Kicks me out or It never loads!
I'm Sure you will find a way to fix that though~

I haven't heard many complaints of this... The problem is there are MANY things that can go wrong with chat. Please let me know which browser and version you are using as well as any patterns you may have noticed (like does it only happen when there are more than 5 people in chat with you? only at night? etc).

Oh dear. I just found this thread ^-^.

I have two problems, for my RP thread I cannot edit it more then 3-4 times a day, and I keep a list of the characters added on there, so that means I keep having to edit it.

Link to thread: http://www.tamatalk....0

Hmm... That's a tough one. The edit setting is forum wide so I'm not able to specify specific forums where posts can be edited for longer than everywhere else. Right now you can edit a post for up to 24 hours after you post it. It has worked for us for years with that setting but I can understand where role play might be an exception. I'm open to ideas here. Might be something worthy of its own suggestion topic.

I also cannot see any polls, well no I cannot see some polls.
I can see this: http://www.tamatalk....howtopic=172514
but I could not see this one: http://www.tamatalk....howtopic=131619

But the buttons "Vote" and "See Results." Are there, just no options to choose from.

I see the same thing. I went in to edit the poll question and it looks like the person who started the poll forgot to include some options in the poll itself. :lol: I think it is a bug that this is allowed to happen but I guess this was used as an open ended question instead of a poll as I am used to them.

Catalyst.

• catalyst user photo

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:41 PM ( #109 )

Ah I see. Well there are many polls out there like that, thats why I thought it was a glitch that maybe Older polls were like that, but newer ones were not. But if they forget to add in options that makes sense. :)

^^ I can start a Suggestion topic if you would like? Question is tho: Is the edit setting used to prevent anything on any other board? Like does it have to be 24 Hours? Or is that just the default.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:42 PM ( #110 )

Ah I see. Well there are many polls out there like that, thats why I thought it was a glitch that maybe Older polls were like that, but newer ones were not. But if they forget to add in options that makes sense. :)

^^ I can start a Suggestion topic if you would like? Question is tho: Is the edit setting used to prevent anything on any other board? Like does it have to be 24 Hours? Or is that just the default.

Ah ha! You hit the spot with that question. I checked that poll against the old database and it USED to have poll options. Looks like maybe our old polls got all messed up during our upgrade in October. I'll look to see if there is any fix for that.

The edit limit was put in place to avoid problems with people trolling and starting problems and then going back to change what they wrote. More of a 'once you post it, it is there forever' kind of setting more than anything. It can be anything really. But all options come with pros and cons associated. The 24 hour setting is just something we've used. A Suggestion topic is a good idea. As with almost anything on the site, I am open to the wishes of the community. If enough people like the idea (and we don't have any serious concerns) then I will gladly make the change.

Catalyst.

• catalyst user photo

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:26 PM ( #111 )

Haha. I knew it had to be something :)Well at least now we know what happened with the polls, thats an improvement for sure!

Here is the suggestion thread: http://www.tamatalk....howtopic=172695

I hope you don't mind that I quoted you ^^

Tama_dude2010

• tama-dude2010 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:02 AM ( #112 )

*Removed by me*

Edited by Tama_dude2010, 22 December 2010 - 05:05 AM.

Tama_dude2010

• tama-dude2010 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:04 AM ( #113 )

Karma seems to be broken on profiles and when I tried to post I got a message saying the administrator has put a limit on new posts in a certain time limit...

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:19 AM ( #114 )

Thanks! I fixed karma on the profiles.

The message about limit on posting is there if you post multiple times too quickly. It is there to protect us from bots who try to spam the forums. Unfortunately, sometimes it catches real people just trying to post something. Sorry! It shouldn't happen too often.

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:41 AM ( #115 )

Odd... Is anyone having trouble signing out? I get a "Thanks, you are now signed out. Please wait while we transfer you... ( Or click here if you do not wish to wait )" message, but somehow I still end up logged in.

Maybe you can make sense out of it, Admin... ? :o

jappyx

• jappyx user photo

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:26 PM ( #116 )

Odd... Is anyone having trouble signing out? I get a "Thanks, you are now signed out. Please wait while we transfer you... ( Or click here if you do not wish to wait )" message, but somehow I still end up logged in.

Maybe you can make sense out of it, Admin... ? :o

Hmm, weird.
This may have something to do with this: http://www.tamatalk....-tamatalk-urls/

Not sure if it does, but as that thread says, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and try again. :)

Let us know if that solves the problem.

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:12 AM ( #117 )

Hmm, weird.
This may have something to do with this: http://www.tamatalk....-tamatalk-urls/

Not sure if it does, but as that thread says, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and try again. :)

Let us know if that solves the problem.

Ah, thank you ! I can sign out just fine now. =]

jappyx

• jappyx user photo

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:11 AM ( #118 )

Ah, thank you ! I can sign out just fine now. =]

Good to hear! :)

If it happens again, let us know.

phnx0313

• phnx0313 user photo

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:33 PM ( #119 )

I am wondering, are the Gallery still not suppose to work? Is it only for certain members??
Whenever I click "Create Album" I get an error::

[#1072] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

This makes a slight problem, because I am currently using Photobucket to post my image links. (Orignally planned to use Gallery... but the Error.)
I want to edit the Direct Urls of recent photos (for cleaner links), but cannot fix them on TamaTalk (since it is after the 24hr edit).

If nothing else, I wish there was a way to edit logs for a few more days. I always find myself in an editing panic when posting. ^^;;
~Phnx♠

OldSchoolTama

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:55 PM ( #120 )

I am wondering, are the Gallery still not suppose to work? Is it only for certain members??
Whenever I click "Create Album" I get an error::

[#1072] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

This makes a slight problem, because I am currently using Photobucket to post my image links. (Orignally planned to use Gallery... but the Error.)
I want to edit the Direct Urls of recent photos (for cleaner links), but cannot fix them on TamaTalk (since it is after the 24hr edit).

If nothing else, I wish there was a way to edit logs for a few more days. I always find myself in an editing panic when posting. ^^;;
~Phnx♠

This is normal, for now. There's supposed to be a software upgrade for the gallery any time now, according to one of Admin's POSTS a while back. I hope it happens soon; I'd like to use the gallery as well. :)