Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

New TamaTalk: Please report any bugs or problems here!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jappyx

• jappyx user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Admin Team

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:17 AM ( #121 )

The gallery update is unfortunately taking longer than we expected. Initially expected to be released around the time of the upgrade, we are now forced to just wait. Very sorry about this. :(

As for editing logs, I am pretty sure the editing setting for members is a board-wide setting, rather than a forum-specific option. Whilst it would be nice, it is unfortunately nothing we can change. We can look into though, as it would be nice to be able to edit logs. As an alternative, you can always PM myself or any of the other staff, and we can can edit the post for you. :)

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:29 PM ( #122 )

When I use the DSi Browser to go on TamaTalk (and even when I log in), it dosen't automatically show the mobile skin. I really want to see how the mobile site works. Could you add an option to switch to it on whim (or if it has its own URL, tell me what it is)? I'm sorry if I'm a bother. :)

Purin

• purin user photo

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:14 PM ( #123 )

I can't do anything on tamatalk on the DSi browser.

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:18 PM ( #124 )

Can somebody please try visiting the forums on a DSi? Hopefully it is working now.

Dolphin Girl

• dolphin-girl user photo

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:36 AM ( #125 )

I have had a constant problem over the last few days with the forums not loading. I click on, for example, "TamaTown and E-Tamago". What it does is just say "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Or it might simply do nothing at all, keep loading and making my computer run slowly. This has only happened with the new version of TamaTalk.

My search engine is Google, I am using a computer not a phone, and I usually have 1-4 tabs open at a time.

I am also having a huge problem with external links to TamaTalk topics. I just tried to view "How To: Report a Member on TamaChat", and all it did was open this:

http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/

Edited by Dolphin Girl, 05 January 2011 - 03:51 AM.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:45 AM ( #126 )

I have had a constant problem over the last few days with the forums not loading. I click on, for example, "TamaTown and E-Tamago". What it does is just say "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Or it might simply do nothing at all, keep loading and making my computer run slowly. This has only happened with the new version of TamaTalk.

My search engine is Google, I am using a computer not a phone, and I usually have 1-4 tabs open at a time.

I am also having a huge problem with external links to TamaTalk topics. I just tried to view "How To: Report a Member on TamaChat", and all it did was open this:

http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/

Sorry for the problems. :(

Can you tell me what version of Internet Explorer you are using? Have you tried a different browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Anyone else having this problem?

Dolphin Girl

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:28 AM ( #127 )

I do not use any browsers but Google.

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:51 AM ( #128 )

I do not use any browsers but Google.

Google is a search engine, not a browser. :) Browsers are applications for navigating the World Wide Web, like the ones Admin mentioned (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera, etc.). You can typically download any of these browsers online for free. I use Firefox and rarely experience any problems with TamaTalk. Chrome is even faster. I used to have Internet Explorer like you but I've long since abandoned it because it caused too many problems, wasn't as secure, and was slow. I'd try out what Admin suggested. Hopefully it will work out! :)

Dolphin Girl

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:40 AM ( #129 )

Oh I see. No, I can't get any other browsers, since I'm only 10 so I don't know how to download them and my parents never have time. Anyway, I use Internet Explorer.

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:49 PM ( #130 )

Oh I see. No, I can't get any other browsers, since I'm only 10 so I don't know how to download them and my parents never have time. Anyway, I use Internet Explorer.

Got it. Well, are you still having problems? Also, as Admin has asked, do you know which version of Internet Explorer you are using? In order to find this information, go up to the top of the page where it says "File," "Edit," "View," etc. and click on "Help." Scroll down until you see "About Internet Explorer" and click on that. The version should be listed. :)

Purin

• purin user photo

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:50 PM ( #131 )

I can't use Large Photos on my sig:
Posted Image

I am complaining because it NEVER works, and other sites have this work.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:13 PM ( #132 )

I can't use Large Photos on my sig:

I am complaining because it NEVER works, and other sites have this work.

Check your suggestions topic for a reason why these are not allowed. As it is, I am not even a fan of YouTube videos in sigs so adding in large images is even less likely to happen. I'm sorry if this disappoints you but it is a decision made in the interest of having a fast web site for everyone.

Dolphin Girl

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:17 AM ( #133 )

Got it. Well, are you still having problems? Also, as Admin has asked, do you know which version of Internet Explorer you are using? In order to find this information, go up to the top of the page where it says "File," "Edit," "View," etc. and click on "Help." Scroll down until you see "About Internet Explorer" and click on that. The version should be listed. :)

It says Internet Explorer 8.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:21 PM ( #134 )

It says Internet Explorer 8.

Very odd. I have tested TamaTalk rather extensively with Internet Explorer 8 and haven't seen this problem. I will go back and try some more testing to see if I missed something.

Anyone else having this problem?

Dolphin Girl

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:03 PM ( #135 )

That problem has stopped, and is replaced by a newer, worse one! I can't use the chat!!

Well, I can enter it and all that, but can't even TYPE a message, let alone post it.

tama v9

• tama-v9 user photo

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:24 PM ( #136 )

My photo won't change automatically.

Edited by tama v9, 11 January 2011 - 07:25 PM.

Purin

• purin user photo

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:00 PM ( #137 )

Anonomous users should post.

TAMAGIRL2008

• tamagirl2008 user photo

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:59 PM ( #138 )

Hi again,

I'm not complaining, just wondering, when will the Arcade be back?

jappyx

• jappyx user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Admin Team

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:34 PM ( #139 )

Hi again,

I'm not complaining, just wondering, when will the Arcade be back?

Not too sure when the arcade will return. The arcade isn’t as high on the “to do” list as the gallery is, for example. We will keep you posted. We hope this isn’t too much of an inconvenience. :)

How much do you think the arcade is being missed?

TAMAGIRL2008

• tamagirl2008 user photo

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:57 AM ( #140 )

Oh ok. It's fine. (:

I'm not too sure how many people miss it but I do because I miss being able to play the games and trying to beat the records but I don't think it was too popular anyway.