Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

New TamaTalk: Please report any bugs or problems here!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Runner

• runner user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:19 AM ( #161 )

Oh, and this is offtopic to the past few pages, but personally I really think this new tamatalk is cool and all, but I think going back to the old layout would be better... And plus, I'd like the arcade back; it's been down for the 3 months I've been patiently waiting ever since i made this new account.

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:41 PM ( #162 )

Those last couple bugs seem to have been fixed! Thank you so much, Admin!!! :)

violetchilluvr3

tamagotchidude150

• tamagotchidude150 user photo

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:52 AM ( #163 )

Thanks. :) See this announcement for more info.

It seems I'm getting this error code when I visit the "announcement" link that is detailed in the above post.
[#10328] We could not determine which announcement you were attempting to view.

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:43 AM ( #164 )

It seems I'm getting this error code when I visit the "announcement" link that is detailed in the above post.
[#10328] We could not determine which announcement you were attempting to view.

It was an old announcement (from October 2010) - just to tell members that there would be problems accessing the PM system for a while - it was posted back in October 2010 (when there were problems accessing the PM system...) ;)

tamagotchidude150

• tamagotchidude150 user photo

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:59 AM ( #165 )

Ah right.
Thanks for that...

Try Honesty

• try-honesty user photo

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:28 PM ( #166 )

Um whenever i post or comment on a status it posts it 3 times and when i try to delete them they say "You are not permitted to change your status"

So if this post is posted 3 times thats why :/

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:57 AM ( #167 )

Um whenever i post or comment on a status it posts it 3 times and when i try to delete them they say "You are not permitted to change your status"

So if this post is posted 3 times thats why :/

That actually sounds like it might be a web browser issue... Have you tried doing these things using, for example, Firefox or Chrome?

Try Honesty

• try-honesty user photo

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:16 PM ( #168 )

That actually sounds like it might be a web browser issue... Have you tried doing these things using, for example, Firefox or Chrome?

Yeah it is a browser issue, i'm using the new internet explorer and it ALWAYS duplicates profile messages and status updates, whereas oin chrome it never does that.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:59 AM ( #169 )

Yeah it is a browser issue, i'm using the new internet explorer and it ALWAYS duplicates profile messages and status updates, whereas oin chrome it never does that.

Thanks! I will look into this and (hopefully) have a fix as soon as possible.

jordboss

• jordboss user photo

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:05 PM ( #170 )

As you are probably looking around the new site now... Please post here if you encounter any bugs, problems, or weird things that you find here. I'll be using this topic to track problems so that I can make a big to-do list of things needing a fix.

Thank you all for your patience during this upgrade!

**REPORTED PROBLEMS**
- login window appears with each page - FIXED
- problems with the chat not working/freezing - NEED MORE INFORMATION (read more)
- problem accessing Introductions and Departures - FIXED
- PMs not showing - FIXED
- problems with changing profile customization background - WORKING ON IT
- members can only see their own karma and nobody else's - FIXED

Hi Admin, I seem to be getting a problem with updating my signature. I don't no why and I am unsure if it is just me or its everyones. Thanks anyway.

Regards Jordboss

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:51 PM ( #171 )

As you are probably looking around the new site now... Please post here if you encounter any bugs, problems, or weird things that you find here. I'll be using this topic to track problems so that I can make a big to-do list of things needing a fix.

Thank you all for your patience during this upgrade!

**REPORTED PROBLEMS**
- login window appears with each page - FIXED
- problems with the chat not working/freezing - NEED MORE INFORMATION (read more)
- problem accessing Introductions and Departures - FIXED
- PMs not showing - FIXED
- problems with changing profile customization background - WORKING ON IT
- members can only see their own karma and nobody else's - FIXED

I used to have the problem where I couldn't customize my background, but I tried the other day and it worked as it should. So in my case, this is fixed. Just thought I'd share that. :)

Internet Exploder.

From personal experience, IE isn't one of the best browsers you can use out there. A lot of things that work with other browsers don't with IE, even the newest versions. It also has a lot more bugs than any other browser I've used. I'd just stick with Chrome if you're looking for a good quality, fast browser. ;)

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:12 PM ( #172 )

I used to have the problem where I couldn't customize my background, but I tried the other day and it worked as it should. So in my case, this is fixed. Just thought I'd share that. :)

Internet Exploder.

From personal experience, IE isn't one of the best browsers you can use out there. A lot of things that work with other browsers don't with IE, even the newest versions. It also has a lot more bugs than any other browser I've used. I'd just stick with Chrome if you're looking for a good quality, fast browser. ;)

On windows and Mac computers Safari works well too.
~~~
And when you change your background and it doesn't change right away,logout and log back in.That always works for me when that happens.

Edited by kuromametchifan123, 30 April 2011 - 08:14 PM.

Pikachi

• pikachi user photo

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:27 PM ( #173 )

I appear to have a problem with my avatar/photo... It says I have changed them, and when i go to change them it shows the picture I want, but when I go to my profile or look at any posts, it is still stuck as the old picture...

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:47 PM ( #174 )

I appear to have a problem with my avatar/photo... It says I have changed them, and when i go to change them it shows the picture I want, but when I go to my profile or look at any posts, it is still stuck as the old picture...

This has happened to other members before. Sometimes it takes a while for the new image(s) to show up.

Admin has also (previously) posted the following answer about new / replacement images not showing up:

One thing to check on the background images taking a while to show up is to make sure that the file name of the background image is not the same as the image you are replacing. If it is, then the caching on your browser or on the server may take a while to show the change.
Try it with different names and let me know if it still takes a while to show up.

I changed the background image on my profile recently and it took a while to show the change ;)

Miracle

• miracle user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:35 AM ( #175 )

Everytime I try to change my avatar, it takes the shape of the new one but the picture is the same as the old one for about 2 days.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:13 AM ( #176 )

Yep... The caching sometimes takes a while to show changes like avatar and backgrounds. It is a tricky thing because without the caching service we would be a slower site... But with the service we get faster pages with occasional annoyances like these. I am looking into solutions. So sorry. :(

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:32 AM ( #177 )

Usually, when I want to change my avatar I go to Settings -> Change Avatar, click "Remove My Avatar", and then wait for about 15 - 30 minutes before uploading a new one.

Then I find that it shows up right away. This seems to work on background images and Photos as well. That's my little trick for the avatar issue. xP

I have no idea how well it works for everyone else though, so maybe the next time someone can try it out?
  • Admin and Royal Ludroth like this

SugaryGoesRAWR

• sugarygoesrawr user photo

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:53 PM ( #178 )

Hey Admin

Okay, sometimes when I'm on here, chat works fine. But, when I'm browsing a forum and I click on a topic it loads but doesn't stop. I then go to a new tab and come back, and the page is blank like a new tab. And when it does load, CloudFlare security pops up and it says Error. It also says I don't have permission to access Tamatalk for the rest of the day!
D:

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:07 PM ( #179 )

I've got two. Well, 3 kinda...

No Advertisements are showing up As of right now. Before I was getting a Page Cannot Be Displayed page.... In the Advrtisement box.... Not directly an issue for me.

I cannot comment on anyone's "Whats on Your Mind" unless I go to their profile. I cannot veiw comments either.... unless I go to the user's profile.

Then my user box thing isn't leaving. Its sticking around... Which I think is my biggest issue right now.

To save a bit of space... I put them into one image.

http://i54.tinypic.com/kdvalu.jpg

Edited by SailorRosette, 24 May 2011 - 06:08 PM.

Pikachi

• pikachi user photo

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:46 PM ( #180 )

Ah, thanks for telling me that! Like you said, my new pic is showing up fine now ;)

But now I have run into some new problems: 1)the drop-down list that shows up when you click on your username up at the top won't go away in Firefox. I don't seem to have this issue in IE, but it's blocking some of the buttons in the navigation bar.

2) I can't make any new topics. It says "Log in to start a new topic" even though I am logged in. Obviously I have no problems replying to one that already exists but I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen. This occures in both browsers.

Up until now, neither of these problems existed, so I thought I should let you know.

EDIT: I wrote this and posted this in IE, but when I clicked "Submit post" it loaded up an error screen saying that it couldn't display the page and the action was aborted. I tried refreshing a few times and it didn't go away. Now I am using Firefox, and I see it got posted, so I don't know what IE did.

Edited by Pikachi, 24 May 2011 - 10:49 PM.