P1/P2 keychains

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu_Dee_Jay

Reaction score
This is something I've never been able to get my head around:

I consider the "classic" attachment to the P1/P2 Tamagotchis to be the little loop of ball bearings joined by a small clasp, though I notice that some P1/P2s have a keyring type keychain attached to them instead. There are plenty of boxed examples of each of these types to be found here and there, but I've never been able to find any explanation as to why there would be two types. I have many original Japanese P1s that have the ball bearing chain, and my European P1/P2s are the same, but the anomaly seems to belong exclusively to the American P1/P2s. I have about five boxed American P1s that have the ball bearing chain, but I have one unboxed one that sports a keyring. I also notice that the American Tamagotchi Ocean sports a variant of the keyring chain.

Did Bandai experiment with the types of chains used in the original American releases at some point? I'm glad that they seemed to settle on the chains you see today, as they're much less likely to scratch your Tamagotchi's screen during transit.

I think they must have. I remember my first tamagotchi having the ball bearing type, but when I ordered a duplicate, it had the keychain-type one. I personally preferred the ball bearings. I never attach my tamas to my keys!

Oops! Sorry for posting my thread in the wrong forum. :eek:

I do like the ball bearing chains, though I have lost one in the past. Those clasps don't stand a great deal of stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back