Photo
- - - - -

A poll about the new TamaCHAT system

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: What are your thoughts on the new chat system here at TamaTalk? (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Overall, do you like the new chat system?

1. Yes (37 votes [67.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.27%

2. No (18 votes [32.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.73%

Do you like the new chat system better than the old one?

1. Yes (30 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

2. No (please explain why in a post) (25 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

Have you been having problems being able to use the new chat system?

1. Yes (please explain what kinds of problems in a post) (9 votes [16.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.36%

2. No (46 votes [83.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.64%

Do you think TamaTalk even needs a chat system?

1. Yes (47 votes [85.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.45%

2. No (8 votes [14.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.55%

Vote

jasen221

• jasen221 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:04 AM ( #21 )

Well... When I entered I saw how bland it was... And I actually kinda liked the Pop up private chat with other members. I (like many others) also liked the text color. I really didn't like the new layout of the whole system. Also there isn't separate rooms. But I do have to give the loungers credit. They've acted really well about it. And also when I went in chat for the first time, when I sent messages, they didn't show up. This was fixed when I switched to Firefox however.

I rate the chat system 1.5 out of 5.

Ginny Tonic

• ginny-tonic user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:31 PM ( #22 )

I'm with Lee. JAVAJAVAJAVA.
To be honest, I don't like it much, but then I'm biased because I always hate the new chats. xP
It's gonna take some getting used to. I don't like the fact that we can't change colours or backgrounds either, but that's just a little thing. xD The fact that there's only one room I really don't like though. I'm a "regular" I guess and my friends and I don't really talk about tamagotchis; other members (when I visit the newer chat) get annoyed when me and Nicola or someone are joking around about Tumblr or something and they wanna talk about tamas. In the old chat, they usually went into the Tamagotchi Talk room while we hung out in the Lounge. xDD
The Chat lags me a bit when I'm logging in but it doesn't happen often. [:

.::GoldenSky::.

• goldensky user photo

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:27 PM ( #23 )

I personally don't like the new TC. The old one was better, because you could personalise it, and there were different rooms to prevent confusion. The new one looks quite boring and, although it's neat, you can't distinguish between people replying at a glance.

tama v9

• tama-v9 user photo

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:30 PM ( #24 )

I like the chat. I don't get why people don't like it because of customizations. It doesn't make sense to me about that. Personally I didn't have the old chat only the new one and it is fine enough to me and I think TamaTalk needs a chat in case you want to talk to friends online.

mew0099

• mew0099 user photo

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:45 PM ( #25 )

I personally like the new TamaCHAT system. Yes, TamaTalk is better off with a chatting system.

But the only matter I need to get off of my shoulders is the fact that is it so much less customizable.

I preferred the old version. More fun topics, (there was a room for both Tama-talkers and talkers for other matters) less spam, less trolls. Also I cringe when I hear that "Taa-Maa-GOT-Chi!" noise. It just personally annoys me, not being so much of a fan of Tamagotchis anymore. And also, the door shutting sounds exactly like my door shutting, so my parents will say "Huh? Who just left?" (also somewhat annoying). I liked the chat before, yes, feel free to ignore my rants. No problems with my computer yet.

New TamaCHAT: 2/10.
Previous TamaCHAT: 9/10.

EDIT: I wanted to add that sometimes I'll see one person on the chat (I won't say whom) but they will just sit there silently. Sometimes they will kick you out of the chatroom if you say just "Hello". Just wanted to say to anyone who's doing this (you know who you are!) should end this nonsense.

Edited by mew0099, 09 February 2011 - 04:48 PM.

mametchifan1996

• mametchifan1996 user photo

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:38 AM ( #26 )

Agree! ;-D

Bunny_grl07

• bunny-grl07 user photo

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:23 PM ( #27 )

I miss having two separate rooms for Tamagotchi and Non Tamagotchi chats.

Purin

• purin user photo

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:33 PM ( #28 )

I personally like the new TamaCHAT system. Yes, TamaTalk is better off with a chatting system.

But the only matter I need to get off of my shoulders is the fact that is it so much less customizable.

I preferred the old version. More fun topics, (there was a room for both Tama-talkers and talkers for other matters) less spam, less trolls. Also I cringe when I hear that "Taa-Maa-GOT-Chi!" noise. It just personally annoys me, not being so much of a fan of Tamagotchis anymore. And also, the door shutting sounds exactly like my door shutting, so my parents will say "Huh? Who just left?" (also somewhat annoying). I liked the chat before, yes, feel free to ignore my rants. No problems with my computer yet.

New TamaCHAT: 2/10.
Previous TamaCHAT: 9/10.

EDIT: I wanted to add that sometimes I'll see one person on the chat (I won't say whom) but they will just sit there silently. Sometimes they will kick you out of the chatroom if you say just "Hello". Just wanted to say to anyone who's doing this (you know who you are!) should end this nonsense.

Same. I definetly hated that dumb old sound, as it is a toral ear r@p3.

iHavezMyBirdo

• ihavezmybirdo user photo

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:35 PM ( #29 )

I like the new system, but,

Have you been having problems being able to use the new chat system?

Well, I can use the chat.
But sometimes after I post a message, the chat won't scroll down to the newer messages.

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:27 PM ( #30 )

I voted in the Poll and apparently I need to explain why I do not like the new chat better than the old one.

My reason is that the old one was really about Tamas and it lived up to it's name, TamaChat. People chatted about Tamas. Now, it is nothing but The Excuse To Talk About NonTama Things On A Tama Forum, which I find really annoying because people are now just posting loads of swear words whenever someone enters and want to discuss things that are not age appropriate for me, and overall I find it really annoying, being greeted by a swear word instead of a friendly "Hello!".

Lois..x

• loisx user photo

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:04 AM ( #31 )

I find it really annoying, being greeted by a swear word instead of a friendly "Hello!".

That's actually happened to you?! I haven't seen that happen yet, but WOW!

Anyway, I've never actually used the older chat, but I did look up a few pictures of it, it did seem quite nice and "Cosy" as somebody said, though on this one, I do often get the feeling my messages are not being seen/being posted too late, as with the others in the room. A last thing, the time that continues to come up every 5 minutes just seems completely pointless in my opinion. Well those were my views on it. :)

Tama-Angel.

• tama-angel user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:15 AM ( #32 )

I liked both chats, though on the old one it had a nice feeling and a few more options and of course the other room, but now at least we can make our own private room-like thing. I remember before many loungers trolled us in the Tamagotchi talk section. Overall, I like it, I think a good chat system is important, because, let's face it, it is one of the reasons the majoraty(sp?) of us like to come on often, to talk online with people on here.

Anyway, I've never actually used the older chat, but I did look up a few pictures of it, it did seem quite nice and "Cosy" as somebody said, though on this one, I do often get the feeling my messages are not being seen/being posted too late, as with the others in the room. A last thing, the time that continues to come up every 5 minutes just seems completely pointless in my opinion. Well those were my views on it. :)

I agree with most of what you said, lois, especially the posts not being seen, though that was a bit of a problem for me before, too.