What's your description of posh people?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 188586

Reaction score
I get called poshy for drinking afternoon tea?

Whats YOUR discription for a posh person? X3

I don't know the correct meaning of it but it reminds me of very wealthy people who care a whole lot about their appearance and the environment they're in, who keep everything perfectly clean and tidy and who have fairly high self-esteem and expectations of themselves and the people around them.

Pretty much the same as Ksenia's. Wealthy people who have to keep up appearances.

My description of a posh person is a person who sticks their nose in the air and just looks at you like you're a peice of garbage.

So there it is my description of a posh person

The word posh suggests well bred and probably wealthy, but not "nouveau riche" or "stuck up" - that's more like a snob as far as I am concerned XD

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think of posh as necessarily "snobby", I just think of someone who lives in a really large, clean and well polished house and keep up with all the latest trends and stuff. They also seem like people who'd treat themselves a little more often than most, like going to fancy restaurants and taking vacations and throwing a lot of classy parties. Generally these people are kinda rude / snobby I guess, but not always XD

Yeah. I guess.

I care about my appearence, but I'm not vein. According to everyone I'm a snob and not even rich! :S

Whenever I hear posh, I think of Posh Spice, or Victoria Beckham. I think it means high maintenance, rich....

Yeah. I guess.

I care about my appearence, but I'm not vein. According to everyone I'm a snob and not even rich! :S
You don't have to be a snob to be rich. Rich people are often stereotyped to be snobby. Same thing the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back