Just bought a Devilgotchi.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu_Dee_Jay

Reaction score
I was very fortunate to stumble across (and subsequently purchase) a Devilgotchi from eBay today. I've also managed to obtain a sealed Yasashi, TamaOtch and a green Santaclautchi in the same weekend (yes, I've been saving for this opportunity for quite some time).

Here's a picture of the Devilgotchi:

devilgotchi-1.jpg

I rather like the pink one, it's certainly the most interesting colour after the white/purple one. Fortunately it's (obviously) not sealed up, so I don't have to endure the guilt of unsealing it to play it. Suffice to say I'm really rather stoked at this moment. :D

Do we have any other Devilgotchi keepers among us? What are your thoughts on the Devilgotchi? How does it rank in your list of favourite ancestor Tamagotchis? Discuss!

Congrats! I've not got a Devilgotchi - but I agree that owning a used one is probably much better than a BNIP (from the "guilt trip" POV) - and you got it at Hallowe'en - how fitting! XD

Congratulations! I saw that one on Ebay and it was a good deal. I've got the same one and am hatching it over in the Halloween hatch thread. :) Here's a pretty good thread with some information about the Devilgotchi: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=168668. Also, I like visiting THIS site for great instructions on the Devilgotchi and other rare Japanese vintage Tamagotchis. Have fun with it and with your other treasures as well. I haven't had a chance to hatch my TamaOtch yet, but I've heard it's very demanding, even more so than the Oceangotchi, believe it or not!

Thanks for all that information! That's the most concise-looking site I've seen regarding the old Tamagotchis. I will particularly look forward to reading up on the Santaclautchi on there, seeing as it appears to be the biggest departure of the ancestor era.

I'm now just keeping my fingers crossed that the previous owner of my upcoming Devilgotchi hasn't tightened the screws up on the battery casing too much; it might break me inside to have to remove the battery cover by force. I've had soft screw problems with a couple of my P1 Tamagotchis in the past: I had to cut into the casing to remove one of the battery covers. :angry:

Wow congrats on your new additions! One of these days I'm going to save up and get the devilgotch. I would much prefer getting an opened one, since there's no way I could buy a tamagotchi and not play with it :p

Very nice! :D

I’m very jealous (so if it goes missing, I SWEAR it is not me who stole it! :p )

Let us know how it is... Do you intend on hatching it as soon as it arrives?

I need to track down a new set of cross-head screwdrivers before I can fire it up, but yeah, I do intend to play it as soon as I get it. Even if it means turning my Tamagotchi Music Star off.

Thats so cool! Got a Devilgotchi on Halloween! Congrats on your others too! How much did you end up spending on the Devil, if you don't mind me asking. It sounds like you got a pretty good haul!

Thanks! The Devilgotchi cost me £96, which translates to roughly $155 USD. Sounds like a lot, but I've always wanted one, so I'd say that it's money well spent.

Did you get the Yasashii somewhere other than Ebay (perhaps Yahoo Japan Auctions)? I've had it in my Ebay saved searches for a while and I haven't seen one yet!

I got my Yasashii from eBay, now that you mention it! Those saved searches are hideously unreliable: I found my Tamagotchi Ocean on there randomly, despite the fact that I had a saved search in place.

The Yasashii in question had been on there for at least a month before I finally decided to snap it up. I would recommend that you enter your saved searches manually every day or so (which is something that I do). You may be surprised.

I'm so jealous. I have been looking for a devilgotchi for quite some time now. My luck just isn't good enough.

Congrats!!

Thank you! I've also been on the lookout for ages. Fortunately on this occasion, the saved search reminder on eBay actually worked, which allowed me to act swiftly. I was on holiday at the time, and there's no way I'd have known it was on sale if it weren't for my BlackBerry. <3

I got my Yasashii from eBay, now that you mention it! Those saved searches are hideously unreliable: I found my Tamagotchi Ocean on there randomly, despite the fact that I had a saved search in place.

The Yasashii in question had been on there for at least a month before I finally decided to snap it up. I would recommend that you enter your saved searches manually every day or so (which is something that I do). You may be surprised.
Yeah, I remember seeing one quite recently on Ebay. Too expensive for me to get at the moment. :p I kind of know what you mean by the saved searches being unreliable. Sometimes the item name doesn't exactly match what one saves in their saved searches. This is why I just enter in a really general name (usually just "Tamagotchi") and search through everything almost everyday, in addition to having my saved searches. I also make sure to type in different combinations of the same name when I'm looking for something specific (Tamagotchi Ocean/Oceangotch/Oceangotchi/Tamagotchi Umino/etc., for example) to be on the safe side. :D Glad you found what you were looking for!

Sometimes the item name doesn't exactly match what one saves in their saved searches. This is why I just enter in a really general name (usually just "Tamagotchi") and search through everything almost everyday, in addition to having my saved searches. I also make sure to type in different combinations of the same name when I'm looking for something specific (Tamagotchi Ocean/Oceangotch/Oceangotchi/Tamagotchi Umino/etc., for example) to be on the safe side.
That's what I've done, too! I (still) have my Devilgotchi searches saved as Devilgotchi/Devilgotch/Devil Tamagotchi etc. As it happens, when I found the Devilgotchi, it sent a notification email for all three of those searches! The seller (e_zamurai) obviously knew exactly what he was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back