Umino/Ocean: Differences in care?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu_Dee_Jay

Reaction score
I've heard that some of the modern Tamagotchis differ between the Japanese/English versions, in that the English versions have been tweaked to be easier to care for. I was wondering if there were any such differences between the Japanese Umino and the American Ocean? I am fortunate enough to own one of each, but I was just curious as to whether any tweaks had been made between the two releases (translation aside).

As far as I know, the differences between the two are minimal and they have nothing much to do with the game play or difficulty in care. Oceans in general are very, very needy, and I'm pretty sure it's the same in the two versions. The differences are like shell design, key chain, maybe a few animations, etc. More specific differences are that you start out with a black egg that floats on the screen for the Ocean and it's a white egg for the Umino. I think the meals are different between the two as well. The icons are the same for both. Sounds and beeps are all the same.

I see. Guess it doesn't matter which one I start with then; as soon as I wrestle the second and final screw out of the Umino, I will be sticking with that one. I've had to abort my attempt for tonight because my thumb is now killing me. Stupid screws!

Cheers. :D

I've never heard of any care differences between the American Ocean and the Japanese Ocean tamas.

One of the (ex) TamaTalk Guides here ran several Oceans (trying to get an adult) a few years back and kept some quite detailed logs on Blogagotchi (sister site to TamaTalk).

If you are interested you can check out this link to Kyliesmum's blog: https://www.blogagotchi.com/profiles/Kyliesmum/

and her pages on Tama theories / records: https://www.blogagotchi.com/KMtheoriesandsuch/ - you might find it useful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back