I'm hopelessly addicted to web comics...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachi

Reaction score
So my brother has this nasty habit of sneaking up behind me, watching what I'm doing on the computer, and then saying some snide remark and scaring the thunder out of me, because I didn't know he was there. Last night he caught me send a friend request to a character from a web comic I am hopelessly addicted to, and said (making me leap three feet and squeal like the dork I am) "Dude, that is truly lame. You're such a dork."

Now, I don't understand those little, unwritten rules of society, so does this make me a dork? Is it a bad thing to like comics to that extent?

Nah, i think it's fine. The way I see it, if you like something a lot, you might as well go all out. It annoys me when people say they like something, but if someone's obsessed with that same thing, they're like "wow, you're a dork".

Hi Pikachi,

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your web comics so much. It's a wonderful thing to explore and experience things that brings joy to our lives. Yes, those "unwritten rules" of society can sometimes seem daunting, but what is most important is staying true to the things you love.

You will learn from life experience that a lot of people will judge you based on your personality, looks, etc. None of these things make you a "dork", they are simply traits that make you into a wonderful, unique person. There are many successful people out there who loved doing things that others would deem as "dorky", so once again its important to put their judgements aside and keep doing things that bring you joy.

And besides, so what if you're a dork? Where I live, dressing and acting like a dork is very trendy! Keep having fun!

You shouldn't let it get to you if someone calls you a dork. Friending a character is just fine! It's not weird at all. I have some friended myself.

Curious, what webcomic?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back