Leopard style Tamagotchi V1

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey OldSchoolTama,

Thanks for the input! I uploaded a picture of the Tamagotchi I first purchased back in the 90's. Refer to my previous post, I'm pretty sure it's not a Tamagotchi Connection, but I'm no expert on the different versions. Needless to say, it's still as fun as I remember it to be!

Oh wow! Well, it definitely is a vintage Tamagotchi but I'm a bit confused. I've always considered the leopard print to be a P2 design and furthermore, it says "Tamagotchi" at the top (another characteristic of P2s), yet the box you have is that of a P1 (white with purple and pink trim). Interesting! There are a few sure ways of distinguishing between P1s and P2s though. One is to look at the background. I can't see it clearly in your picture, but it looks like it might be swirly, indicative of a P2 (as opposed to a checkered background on the P1s). Also, you could take a look at what the medicine icon looks like: if it's a needle, then it's a P1. If it's a spoon and bottle, it's a P2. HERE is a great list of other differences. Either way, I think the one you have is one of the more rare designs. Thanks for sharing! :)

Very cool! It's definitely a P2 as the background and medicine icon are both as you describe for the P2 generation. Thanks for all the great info, I kept referring to my Tamagotchi as a V1, now I know the correct classification.

That is irrefutably a P2. It would seem that the American models retained the same packaging as the P1s at least at some point. It's easy to tell a P1 and P2 apart if you're looking at a boxed Japanese or European P1/P2. European P1s have a pink instruction leaflet, whereas the P2s have a minty-green one, for instance.

Also: there is a leopardskin P2 going on eBay for about £80 at the moment, so you must have a pretty rare colour there. :)

Wow, I've never seen the leopard print one. I love vintage tamagotchi's, you're lucky to have one that still works! Congrats.

And yes, tamas are great fun. I currently just have a p2 running, my only vintage tamagotchi. I hope to get more of them!

Back in 1997 is when I got it. :)

Like I said, my parents were the ones who damaged it. I was a kid, so I went to them to help me change the batteries. XD Never again!

The only person I trust with my virtual pets nowadays is myself. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back