Fake Tama or Not?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundotchi

Reaction score
Hey there, everyone! I'm actually fairly new to the site, so you'll have to excuse my lack of avatar and the like. In a bit, yeah?

Anyhow, I came across this lovely thing, but uh... Something's not sitting right with me. BanDai in the corner there, but the price is INCREDIBLY low and my memory is failing in seeing that color anywhere (I'm not super familiar with the Japanese tamas, mind you). Is this the real thing? Here's the little bugger for you all to see.

It looks like is the Official release Tamagotchi. Maybe P2?

Hopefully someone with more experience in online purchase can give you a final confirmation, though.

~Phnx

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, welcome to the site! :) I think it's the real thing. I'm not too familiar with all the Japanese designs either, but Japanese vintages just have a lot of different and colorful designs, is all. It's a Japanese P2 because it has Hashizotchi (the little duck-like character) on the cover and the Japanese P1s/P2s normally come on card like that (rather than in the boxes). It's usually the rarer design vintages that are more expensive. Otherwise, I'd say that's not too low of a price for P1s/P2s. You did well by looking for the Bandai label. :) The egg itself should also say Bandai on it but of course, that doesn't do us online buyers much good until we actually get it. :D

I think its really, because I've seen packaging like that on real ones, because in Japan, tamagotchi is often just called "tamagotch" but you should take into account that it says "KEYCHAIN" in the title, so it might actually just be a keychain not an actual functioning tamagotchi. It looks like a real P2, but just take that into account, although I don't have much buyer experience myself :mellow:

Thank you for all the replies, everyone! Decided to go ahead and buy it once I have the resources (darn economy). I'll report back if there's anything unusual about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back