Bye-Bye, Pop

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundotchi

Reaction score
Most of you are at least somewhat familiar with modding and customizing of Tamagotchi, correct?

Well, being a bit of an artist, I decided that it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to try my hand at it myself. With very minimal research and knowing only that nail polish remover worked great for getting off paint, I set off to work on a Tama just like this:

pianomusicstar.jpg

Not an unattractive Tama, in my opinion, but there was some chipped paint on mine from storage. Mind you, I already had a little toddler on this thing, but I figured "what a way to burst back onto the Tama parenting scene!" I wanted my new baby to look all pretty, especially since I'll be leaving soon for Christmas

I learned several things with my first try at customizing of Tamagotchi:

1. If you're using massive amounts of nail polish remover, open a window or door.
  2. It's a good idea to make sure there isn't a blizzard before opening said window or door.
  3. White paint on a Tamagotchi is an absolute pain to remove.
  4. Do not proceed with customization if you can't take it apart if you actually plan on playing with the Tama later.

The last one on that list is obviously the fatal mistake here.

So, with little white streaks on it, I started up my Tamagotchi to see if everything worked fine. Things looked up until I realized oh dear I cannot press the buttons.

Now, I'm a bit of a stubborn person. Not only that, I was tired from a minimal amount of sleep and I'm fairly certain the nail polish remover fumes were getting to me. Regardless, you would think the obvious course of action would be to let it dry out.

... Apparently not, since a second later I found myself making make-shift paint out of liquid paper and Sharpies. :mellow:

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to say this at least lead to a decent Christmas ornament like I had hoped for. But what did I end up with instead?

fail__d_by_meihdyn-d353dab.png

KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT! :wacko:

So that little toddler I mentioned earlier? A kuchitamatchi named "Pop". He was kind of special - he was my first Tamagotchi going in years. Poor thing died by cosmetic surgery gone wrong right after I saved him from the depths of junk in my room. :(

R.I.P., little Pop. You were a trooper.

P.S. - A week after all of this occurred, I started looking around my room for any other old Tamagotchis. Guess what? I found seven, one of which I have never been very fond off. The look on my face was somewhere between pathetic and priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back