Tamagotchi P1 won't hatch...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ristarwen

Reaction score
I just obtained a Tamagotchi from 1997...I guess it's a P1? I've been trying to reset it to no avail. It had been dead, so I put in new batteries. It beeped, then went to a bouncing egg. I found the instruction manual online, but I can't seem to get the timer screen to pop up. So, there it is, just sitting there as a bouncing egg, not hatching. Can anybody help?

Eventually it should hatch. Until it does (I think) you cannot do anything.

How long had it been since you put new battery and turned on?

~Phnx

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to set the time first in order for it to hatch. In order to do that, just press the reset button (if you haven't already) and press B to get to the clock set screen. Use the A button to set the hours, B to set the minutes, and then press C to start the time. :)

You need to set the time first in order for it to hatch. In order to do that, just press the reset button (if you haven't already) and press B to get to the clock set screen. Use the A button to set the hours, B to set the minutes, and then press C to start the time. :)
When I press the reset button, it goes to the egg. Pressing the "B" button doesn't do anything. Do I just press it once, quickly? Or hold it down for x seconds? I put batteries in yesterday, and reset it this morning when I posted. As of right now, it still hasn't done anything.

Okay, so, I did some minor surgery on it. There was some corrosion on the button connections, so I just wiped it off. I broke a wire in the process, but it seems to just go to the speaker...so no big deal. I prefer that it doesn't beep at me. Anyway, I was able to set the timer and it seems like it's going well. :)

Edit: He hatched! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm glad things worked out for the buttons but the sound wire might be an issue. P1s don't beep all that much, but when they do, it's for important things like discipline, the need for food, etc. You may have to watch it like a hawk without the sound. You can always solder the wire back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back