Second wave Tama-go and figures!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eliptic-tensaitchi

Reaction score
Recently were I live a whole new wave of Tama-go were released, Not only did Bandai come out with just figures but they also came out with brand new Tama-go designs!

Tama-go

The Tama-go has had a very great apperance upgrade

It comes in 3 very nice colors,Pink,Purple,and Black

Its faceplate is now more crystal-like, somewhat like a Tamagotchi-ID and it now has an opening were the screen is not covered by the faceplate

Figures

The rumors were true,the new tama-go figures are in fact Kuromametchi,Ponytchi,Ichigotchi,Sebiretchi,Makiko,and Shimashimatchi

*NOTE:This is only official in the U.S I don't know if the new Tama-Go and Figures are out in other contries*

Here are some pictures of the Tama-go and figures I bought earlier today

https://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9166/hni0057t.jpg

https://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8735/hni0058s.jpg

The rumors were true,the new tama-go figures are in fact Kuromametchi,Ponytchi,Ichigotchi,Sebiretchi,Makiko,and Shimashimatchi
Rumors? They were displayed on the TamaTown website, as well as the Distributors website. I hardly see how they were "rumored". :p

But thanks for posting pictures, they seem to slowly be making their way into stores around the US. Did you happen to see the Makiko and Shimashimatchi figure by any chance? I've talked to many people who have the figures in their towns but only have the Kuromametchi, Sebiretchi, Ponytchi and Ichigotchi figures.

Also I never knew the new faceplate cover had a hole where the screen is! That will make it much easier to see. A design improvement indeed, as well as the jewelled iD-like addition. :)

Rumors? They were displayed on the TamaTown website, as well as the Distributors website. I hardly see how they were "rumored". :p

But thanks for posting pictures, they seem to slowly be making their way into stores around the US. Did you happen to see the Makiko and Shimashimatchi figure by any chance? I've talked to many people who have the figures in their towns but only have the Kuromametchi, Sebiretchi, Ponytchi and Ichigotchi figures.
I actually didn't see the shimashimatchi or makiko figures in the store I went to

and I never did see the picture on tamatown.I guess I'm just not looking hard enough

The black Tama-Go would be awesome to have. :D

While other countries are getting the second wave of figures, here I am struggling to even find the first wave! Honestly, I have not seen one figure at the shops only the Tama-Go's. I'm concidering just buying a figure of eBay, but you know, patience is a virtue.

The black Tama-Go would be awesome to have. :D

While other countries are getting the second wave of figures, here I am struggling to even find the first wave! Honestly, I have not seen one figure at the shops only the Tama-Go's. I'm concidering just buying a figure of eBay, but you know, patience is a virtue.
Are you in the U.S.? I see first waves in all the Toys 'R' Us stores I've been to so far (no second waves, strangely enough...only at Target). Wal-Mart has them too. Have you tried those stores?

Yeah I've seen those, my sister's tama-go is in purple and it has the same crystal-like faceplate. We live in the Philippines, btw. We're sorta like buy-and-sell ppl who sell brand new stuff including tama-go's. We have the black ones in stock too, since December. :D

I had no idea these existed until a couple of days ago when I saw this thread, but I ordered one right away!

I hate living in the UK!

On another note, mine hasn't arrived yet, but going off the pictures and your description, I think the design has been vastly improved. Now scratches on the faceplate cover won't stop you from seeing the screen, and the colours are very nice!

I got my Black TamaGo w/ Mametchi at my local Target. They had two new figure characters, too. Strangely, I called them a few weeks later to ask about figures, and they said that they didn't carry any TamaTown products :huh: It was confusing. I plan on going over there this week to check it out again.

:D they finally came out the six new ones I have been waiting for these ever since I found them on bbcw I recently got the black tama-go and I am in the process of purchasing ichigotchi and kuromametchi figs on ebay coz they arn't coming to Australia as far as they know :angry:

I heard that you can find the 2nd wave Gotchi Figures in Walgreens. Is this true? :huh:
Probably depends on location. Walgreens typically only has a limited selection of clearance items and most likely doesn't carry any of the recent models. The Walgreens stores in my area have neither clearance items nor recent models.

I actually didn't see the shimashimatchi or makiko figures in the store I went to

and I never did see the picture on tamatown.I guess I'm just not looking hard enough
Me neither! My local Target had every 2nd-wave figure BUT Shimashimatchi (my favorite boy tama :( ) and Makiko. It was so strange...

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw only black ones in my local Target. i didn't pick on up even though they were only $9.99. i didn't know that they were second wave and that the screen was improved and stuff. hmmm now i am rethinking picking one up...

i saw only black ones in my local Target. i didn't pick on up even though they were only $9.99. i didn't know that they were second wave and that the screen was improved and stuff. hmmm now i am rethinking picking one up...
You should! I have the black one. Black goes with any faceplate color and design, so I think black's the best Tama-Go color.

My local target only had a single black Tama Go left, along with the last two figures at the store: Kuromametchi, and that dinosaur chicken thing :p

You should! I have the black one. Black goes with any faceplate color and design, so I think black's the best Tama-Go color.
well i did! :D this time they had a Kuromametchi Gotchi character so i picked that up too. once i got the tama-go out of the package i saw that it was nicer than i thought. the black plastic is shiny and has a sparkle to it. like gold dust or something. i have pictures but it doesn't seem like i can upload them :huh: it's a hoshitchi right now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back