Escaped Souls

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShutUpAndSmile

Reaction score
So I wrote this about last Aug (I have other chapters). Just let me know what you guys think? (Preferably on my pro or via pm but if you want I guess the forum is okay too lol) If you like I'll post another chapter. (Sorry for all the spaces but I can't figure out how to tab it over like I originally have on Word. If anyone knows...tell me and I'll fix it) I also feels like it looks longer in word o_O I gotta reread it. I might be paranoid.

Chapter 1

I hopped along the roof tops quietly through the night looking down into the ally ways as I did so. I hear a scream a couple of blocks away and quickly rush towards the sound practically gliding as I run. I jump down off the roof landing with only the slight sound of the crunching pebbles. In the front of the ally Blake and Nyx had already been waiting for me. I gently pat their side as I creep in to watch the scene unfold before me.

Standing there was a man in a leather jacket holding a young lady no older than me against the wall with a knife in his hand. I wait a moment and he moves again whispering to her the tortures he has planned for her. I wait silently observing him not wanting to move if my predictions were wrong. I’m not supposed to interfere unless I am certain. As he moves I see a glimpse of what I was looking for. On the back of his neck is a demonic tattoo of an "x" with a sword going through it. Without missing a beat, I moved quickly towards him Blake and Nyx going following closely behind the ground blacking under their fiery step which they tend to have during a hunt. When I reach him I grab the hand that’s holding the knife and twist it behind his back making him gasp and drop the knife in surprise. I flip him over so now his back is against the wall my hand at his throat.

"You filthy bit-" he cuts off when he see's my eyes glowing lightly green before realizing who I am. I notice the familiar look of fear as he violently starts struggling; his new his powers are nothing compared to mine. Especially now that he’s thinking with his animal instinct to live, not with reason. I kick out his legs from under him making him drop to the floor with a loud thump. Blake and Nyx rush over, Nyx grabs his throat his sharp teeth gently scraping against his skin preventing him from getting up or struggling to much. He flings his hands up to his neck to try and pry Nyx off of him which just makes him tighten his grip causing a few tiny blood droplets to run down his throat.

I move so I'm over the struggling figure and take out a knife from its spot on my waist and cut open his shirt where a bigger version of the tattoo is on his chest. I take the knife and stab him straight in the center of making him gasp. As I remove the knife a glowing black strand gets pulled through the hole. I grab it before it has a chance to escape and put it in a small vile in my pocket. Now just the empty body of the man lays there. With my job done I silently leave the ally leaving the dogs to eat the left over’s of the hunt knowing they'd soon would catch up.

My name is Anima, I'm 18 years old. And I am a bounty hunter for Satan. I go out and collect the souls that have escaped from hell and bring them back to the fiery pit they belong in.

Blake and Nyx have been with me since I started. They are my hellhound.

As the night went on I collected 3 more souls before returning back to my home. I can't even call it that. I don't have a home; I'll just call it a sleeping quarter. I climb up the stairs of the small house opening the door to see Nyx and Blake laying on the couch asleep Blake snoring slightly a little puff of fire come out of his nostrils sending a flower that I had put on the table into flames. I shake my head and go up the stairs my room putting the little viles down on the dresser next to about 6 mor,e all with black little strands moving rapidly around in the small container with a hope to escape.

My room is nothing special I have a dresser with a mirror above it, a computer table with a laptop on it for those long boring days when I can't sleep. A book self with an array of books ranging on anything and everything. And in the middle my bed.

I change into something comfortable and lay down closing my eyes with the rising sun, slowly I drift off into dream land as I feel the bed get heavier with the weight of Nyx and Blake climbing on by my side one laying there head on my stomach.

I wake up some hours later to the deep growls of Nyx and Blake. I groggily look up to what they were looking at and on the screen was the face of a fallen angel I knew all too well talking threw the mirror above my dresser.

"I want those souls Anima, I'm getting annoyed." he said

drumming his fingers along his throne on which he sat.

I got up quickly moving over to the mirror looking into Satan’s red eyes. He had horns which were longer and sharper than most and they had a hint of red of them. Other than that though he looked like a normal 40 year old human who could have been attractive in his day. But that could just be the fact he was once an angel.

"I'll bring them over in a couple of hours calm down." I said with a hint of annoyance before tapping the mirror closing the connection between the two worlds. “It’s too early for this s**t.”

I stared at the mirror once again this time the reflection showed a girl with long black hair, glowing green eyes and a heart shaped face, fangs poking out slightly from my lips. My reflection. I'm not a vampire, I just have fangs. I hopped into the shower before getting ready for my visit to the underworld once dressed I placed the little viles in a special holder on my belt and before going downstairs craving some food.

Blake and Nyx like I don't need to eat but we can still enjoy the tastes of food.

After a bite to eat I headed out Blake and Nyx following close behind. They were almost always with me. I never understood why they choose me to be their owner and I guess I never will. I walk along the streets in the shadows of the night Blake and Nyx traveling along the roof tops unseen. When I arrive at my destination I look up at the sign of the club. "Black Hearts". I walk in nodding to the bouncer, he says nothing to me as I continue inside. I look around the two story club. The bottom floor was a dance floor and had bedrooms along the side. The upstairs had a bar and a seating area. I walk downstairs and through the dancing people to one bedroom.

I open the door and see a couple making out on the bed. They look up at me and shock and the guy quickly starts yelling at me to get out. Without a word I take both of them and throw them out of the room locking the door behind them.

This room was different then all the other rooms. I went over to a huge painting on the side of the room and lifted it up to see another door behind it. I go through that and I walk into another room with a giant glowing mirror. I touch the mirror lightly and see the rippling affect go across before closing my eyes and stepping in. Once I feel my body arrive completely through the mirror I hear the cries of torture and devilish laughter. I open my eyes and see the ironic sign that stood off of a human bone that read "Welcome to Hell". I feel a push next to me to see that Nyx and Blake have also arrived and started to walk in front of me to find Satan. His throne lies right in the center of all the torture. As we walk along the paths I look down to see spirits flying around below us some were reaching up to the path trying to grab my legs and pull me in with them but they couldn't reach me. If anyone were to go down there with them they would surely perish and join those spirits.

After about ten minutes of walking we finally arrive in the center of hell seeing Satan sitting up in his throne yelling at a small demon who had apparently betrayed him. He picks him up and flings him about 50 feet right into the ditch of the spirits. I bite my lip lightly and shake my head as I approach him. I didn’t bow, I’m the only one he ever let get away with that. He has tried to make me. But over the years he’s just let it slide.

"Ah Anima you finally arrive." He said tapping me on the head lightly with his finger.

"Sorry sir, I had traced that soul that you were looking for that escaped about 6 months ago I had planned on coming last night"

"Oh good good, now give me them" he says with the most amount of pleasure that someone so angry and evil can muster without it having to do without putting someone through vast amounts of pain.

I hand them over to him and one by one he unclasps the tops of the viles and the once blacked souls turns into a human form. As they do I turn around and walk away back to the portal hearing the sounds of yelling and screaming from them as I do, knowing that they'd be in a lot of pain for a very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a pretty good story! I like it!

The only thing I noticed, you need to fix where you put periods and commas after someone is done talking.

For instance;

"Sorry sir, I had traced that soul that you were looking for that escaped about 6 months ago I had planned on coming last night"

You need to add a period at the end, so it becomes;

"Sorry sir, I had traced that soul that you were looking for that escaped about 6 months ago I had planned on coming last night."

However, I noticed in places where you don't add a period, and you did. Here;

"I'll bring them over in a couple of hours calm down." I said with a hint of annoyance before tapping the mirror closing the connection between the two worlds.

If you add a word tag after a sentence, like 'he said', 'I exclaimed,' 'she snapped', ect, you have to add a comma.

"I'll bring them over in a couple of hours calm down," I said with a hint of annoyance before tapping the mirror closing the connection between the two worlds.

That's all the flaws I noticed.

Great story! Even though this next idea may or may not be intended, it would make for a great novel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back