It Just Bugs Me..

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Reaction score
I know many people out there who love Hetalia, but I don't really understand. You see...

I used to be a crazy fan of Hetalia, and I loved it. But soon, I quit and became disgusted with hetalia. It's just that..

I thought it was meant to be a personification satire of WWII and history and stuff, but soon, it became romance(yaoi) fest. Whenever I google imaged a hetalia character, I would find pics of America kissing RUSSIA.

RUSSIA?!

Russia and America do not go together. If you look back at the Cold War, you should realize that the relations were so terrible there's no way they could have ever been close. Even now, Russia and America are not close.

It used to just be like that with lots of these crack pairings that in reality, are terrible and would never happen. Lithuania and russia too. Lithuania, Estonia and Lativa all had to fight for their freedom for so many years, and lots of brutal things happened to them, and the Soviet Union did bad things that I can't mention here to them. You'll have to wiki that.

So, apologizes to the people who love hetalia, I just had to say this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of fandoms do ships that make zero sense. Take My Little Pony's latest cartoon's fandom, for instance. I don't feel the need to elaborate.

Lots of fandoms do ships that make zero sense. Take My Little Pony's latest cartoon's fandom, for instance. I don't feel the need to elaborate.
https://i53.tinypic.com/9vf4p5.gif

(sorry but i always wanted to use that image)

But yeah, i agree with the bolded statement

Also OP, it seems that you dislike the series because of the fandom.

... Also OP, it seems that you dislike the series because of the fandom.
That's strange - the way I read it, Runner said they came to dislike Hetalia because it evolved from what was supposed to be a historical satire on the personifications of WWII countries into an historically inacurate "yaoi fest"

(Which part referred to their dislike of the fandom?) ;)

That's strange - the way I read it, Runner said they came to dislike Hetalia because it evolved from what was supposed to be a historical satire on the personifications of WWII countries into an historically inacurate "yaoi fest"

(Which part referred to their dislike of the fandom?) ;)
Well the way I read it, The part where she said she became disgusted with it because she saw pictures of America Kissing Russia. Crack pairings=/=Actual Series

It's only the extreme fan's who make it look like a complete utter ''yaoi fest'' (OMG JAPAN IS TALKING TO GREECE OMG THEY R IN LOVE NEW PAIRING AAF)

But i will say, there IS Yaoi undertones to Hetalia, but it doesn't mean its a total yaoi fest. There is straight pairings in hetalia to ;3;

Just sayin' :3

I forgot to mention some other things, too.

There's the whole thing with England and America. Okay, maybe this is a fan thing too, but there's lots of hints about England and America in the actual show.

And the scary thing is, England adopted America when America was like a 4 year old. Okay, maybe they never grow up in that series. But dude, England was like already 18 or so when he adopted America, so there's a like 14 year difference. o_O

I forgot to mention some other things, too.

There's the whole thing with England and America. Okay, maybe this is a fan thing too, but there's lots of hints about England and America in the actual show.

And the scary thing is, England adopted America when America was like a 4 year old. Okay, maybe they never grow up in that series. But dude, England was like already 18 or so when he adopted America, so there's a like 14 year difference. o_O
Well... it's countries; not regular humans. What do you expect? I mean... the China and Japan thing. Think about that. And then Spain and Romano, etc... Like I said. Countries =/= humans.

And not to complain or anything, but when people say this, it makes me feel horrible for watching hetalia. I've given this rant a thousand times, to hetatards, and non hetalia fans alike. OKAY SO.

I hear people saying how the 2010 hetalia fandom is the fandom that ruined hetalia, which makes me feel horrible on it's own. But like... I'm one of the hetalia fans that obsesses over really adorable crack pairings, creates province/state OCs and pairs them up with Canon characters, and you know what? I find it pretty impossible to find a pairing that I /don't/ like. I mean... I'll apologize for being a yaoi-obsessive fangirl that participated in ruining the "decent" fandom it used to have. But that's not going to stop me from shipping Russia/Lithuania.

Now that that's out of the way.

I mean... When I say that I like RusLiet, that doesn't mean I picture them like... you know... lovers. I still imagine Lithuania being scared, and Russia being scary. I'm well aware that it's canon that Liet has scares on his back from Russia, and I take it into consideration that the two countries do not get along. Same thing with BelaRUSS. Belarus is still going to be scaring the crap out of Russia. And when I draw BelaRUSS pictures, I don't draw them as lovers, but as Belarus being frightening and Russia being all "oh dear god no."

Long story short, it bugs /me/ when people rant about how the fandom sucks. If you want to have your "Original hetalia fandom" group, then that's fine with me. Stay out of our yaoi fandom and don't complain every time you see a AmeRus picture. Sorry if this sounds rude, I have no intention of it being that way. But it's exactly how I feel about people who complain about the fandom. Also, sorry if I'm one of "those" people who complain about complainers. It's just... I'm sick of hearing the same thing over and over.

Just about anything that has a fan base will have some insane pairings, but you just have to get over it, there's nothing you can do about it. Doesn't mean you have to support whatever other fans think.

Most importantly, don't take Hetalia too seriously. It's true to some historical events, but mostly it's just supposed to be fun and amusing. It is a comedy, after all.

There are some legit hetalia fans out there, but there are also hetaliatards. Once you see the difference, you will learn to ignore the latter.

I know what you mean there Runner...

some of the pairings are a bit wierd- but It is meant to be a comedy after all xD

I myself love hetalia though ^_^

Oh... That is mainly what its about. I am chicken to see what its about based on the name... Figured someone would post of it eventually......

We had a group of people dressed up of it at my local anime convention. It was all too confusing. That and the random run across the main convention hall.

Well the way I read it, The part where she said she became disgusted with it because she saw pictures of America Kissing Russia. Crack pairings=/=Actual Series

It's only the extreme fan's who make it look like a complete utter ''yaoi fest'' (OMG JAPAN IS TALKING TO GREECE OMG THEY R IN LOVE NEW PAIRING AAF)

But i will say, there IS Yaoi undertones to Hetalia, but it doesn't mean its a total yaoi fest. There is straight pairings in hetalia to ;3;

Just sayin' :3
i now have the urge to go back in time and punch myself in the face

Disregard erry thing i said here, I no longer like hetalia anymore.

I will admit the fanbase made me start disliking it, but i just got bored with the series.

Yaoi is kinda gross, depending on the show/anime *gets ready to block haters with shieild*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back