NO COMMENTS

OldSchoolTama's Virtual Pet Log

• Please log in to reply

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:27 AM ( #52 )

April 20, 2011 (continued)

Please see the previous post for the beginning of my very first iD L update. :)

There are 2 built-in mini-games on the iD L. The first one is an obstacle course of sorts and the objective is to get Mametchi through it while avoiding the poo, flies, worms, and rocks and making sure to hit the hearts and coins along the way. Note: I realized that I have to hit all the hearts and coins along the way; otherwise the full 200 GP won’t be earned. Hitting the heart even transforms some of the obstacles into coins so it’s doubly important to hit the hearts. The second picture shows Mametchi crossing the finish line!

Posted Image Posted Image

The objective of the second game is to have Kuchipatchi move around on this huge plate of hamburgers and eat them all within 30 seconds, being careful not to eat the skulls if he so happens to migrate to that area. Kuchipatchi takes a bite at the press of the B button. He flits around pretty quickly and randomly, sometimes arriving at a burger and sometimes at a skull at the sides of the plate, so take caution! If Kuchipatchi accidentally chomps on one of the skulls (which lights up in bold black when he gets to them), this huge chicken-looking thing swoops down and eats the rest of Kuchipatchi’s burgers. I love the animations!

The game in progress and what it looks like when he wins.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Losing the game. Kuchipatchi looks so terrified...and angry. XD

Next, I took Suzume to the Donuts Park, where she played soccer with a friend. From what I’ve been reading, the Donuts Park transforms into different things depending on the time of day, so I’ll be sure to make frequent visits and see what happens.

Posted Image

To be continued...

OldSchoolTama

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:48 AM ( #53 )

Please see the previous 2 posts for the beginning of my very first iD L update. :)

Pee-pee wiggle dance. :D

Posted Image
My baby girl taking a quick nap.

After the standard hour of care, Suzume evolved into Paletchi. How adorable! Another thing I noticed that I really like is that when the Tamagotchi is evolving, you can see the character completely, in front of the beams of light, rather than silhouetted behind the light (like in the TMGC+C).

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Since I hatched her late in the evening, she immediately went to sleep afterward. What a day!

Posted Image

To be continued...

OldSchoolTama

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:56 AM ( #54 )

Please see the previous 3 posts for my very first iD L update. :)

Tamagotchi iD
No pictures today.

TMGC+C
I took Ume to the matchmaker, where she met Shimashimatchi. They were married and shortly thereafter, they had a baby boy, who I named Kei (“blessed”). Kei evolved into Ahirukutchi after the hour.

TMGO
Here’s Quinn as Marotchi.

Posted Image

Phew! Long update for the 20th. I went a little crazy with the iD L pictures. :P Thanks so much for reading!

OldSchoolTama

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:02 PM ( #55 )

Here's a shout-out to Violetchilluvr3 once again for dropping by. :) Thanks so much for reading and for your thoughtful comments!

April 21, 2011

Tamagotchi iD L
Suzume woke up early and was very eager to get to the park. We headed over there to find that the Tama Marche was set up. No one came by so I’m assuming that doesn’t happen unless we’ve got some fruits or vegetables to sell.

Not one to be put off so easily, Suzume wandered off (within sight :D) a bit and ran around in the grass happily. We stayed there for a few hours and just as we were about to head home, a few friends came by.

This guy came to visit and chatted with Suzume for a bit. Then Mimitchi came along.

Boy, is it good to see Mimitchi! I’m so sad that she was taken off the more modern Tamagotchi models but it’s good to see her again here on the iD L.

After Mimitchi left, we heard rustling in the bushes. This little guy emerged and came back 2 more times to play.

Posted Image

Suzume wanted to take him home with us and I told her I’d think about it. I hung back a bit as she played with the pets that came by, wondering if she would establish a connection with any of them.

I started keeping track of how many times each pet came, to see if there was any sort of pattern (although I learned later that a pet doesn’t come home until the Tamagotchi reaches the adult stage…I’m not too sure about this theory but at least that’s what I’m seeing). Suzume really had a great time with the other pets!

I'm really fond of the blue pet (3 guesses why :P). I hope I see more of him around.

Exhausted from our day at the park, Suzume and I came home and she turned in early.

To be continued...

OldSchoolTama

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:36 PM ( #56 )

April 21, 2011 (continued)

Tamagotchi iD
Katsuo earned his Mo letter today (being in the adult stage for at least 72 hours). I also earned my first character stamp.

I then took him to the matchmaker, where he was presented with 3 charming young ladies. The moment Katsuo and Furawatchi set eyes on each other, they fell in love and so I wasn’t surprised that he chose her as his bride-to-be.

The way they court each other has got to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen on a Tamagotchi. I was used to the way things were done on the TMGC+C: go to the matchmaker, find someone nice, fireworks, and then BAM, you’ve got a baby on your hands. XD Not that there’s anything wrong with this but it was very refreshing to see something different on the iD. Katsuo and Furawatchi not only chose to marry each other there in the matchmaker’s humble abode, but they went out on dates! There was a funny little tune playing in the background while they were having fun together. Too cute.

After their dates, Furawatchi had a baby girl and soon afterward, Katsuo said farewell and left this darling girl in my care. I named her Amaya (“night rain”). After the demanding hour of care, she evolved into Hoshitchi, who definitely looks better in color. :) After all that excitement, Amaya headed to sleep as well.

That’s all for the 21st. Until next time!

OldSchoolTama

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:19 AM ( #57 )

April 22, 2011

Forgot to mention that my TMGC+C, Kei, evolved into Young Mametchi yesterday.

Posted Image

This update is going to be rather short. Again, one word of explaination: Friday. :P

Tamagotchi iD L
As soon as Suzume awoke, she evolved into Painaputchi. She looks like she has a pineapple on her head. XD I love the new characters on the iD L so far.

Posted Image

We went out shopping and bought a packet of seeds from the Tama Depa.

Posted Image

I had to get going to class, so I decided to plant them later. I was pretty busy during the day so all I got to do was keep Suzume from going hungry and becoming too unhappy. I’m pretty sure I didn’t let it get to the point where she had a care miss.

I didn’t take any pictures of my iD, TMGC+C or TMGO today.

That's all for the 22nd. Till next time!

OldSchoolTama

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:36 PM ( #58 )

I'd like to give a very special shout-out to missvioletchi for dropping by! Thanks so much for reading. :)

April 23, 2011

Tamagotchi iD L
Suzume evolved into…Raburitchi/Lovelitchi today!

Posted Image

After all the excitement of the morning, I took her shopping for some new clothes. We stopped at Tama Mori first. Suzume quickly found this gorgeous princess dress and insisted that I get it for her. I took a look at the price tag and felt my eyes nearly bulge out of my head: 4000 GP!

Posted Image

I turned back to her, about to give her a piece of my mind…until I saw the puppy dog eyes she was giving me. She really knows how to lay it on thick. :P I eventually agreed to buy the dress. She was absolutely bouncing out of the store for being so excited. We both got hungry afterward so we stopped for some lunch and dessert. Suzume had a Heart Cake from the Tama Café.

Posted Image

She enjoyed it so much that she got a happy sign out of that. We resumed our shopping. I saw this really cute microphone that I thought Suzume would like. It reminded me of the studded microphones that Rachel Berry from Glee (one of my favorite TV shows) always has.

Posted Image

We were getting tired so we headed home. Suzume wasted no time in unwrapping the dress we just bought and before I knew it, she was running up to her room to try it on. She looked so pretty in pink! One more happy sign down.

Suzume and I went to the Donuts Park before dinner. Since she was an adult now, we tried our hand again at getting a pet (sorry about the quality of some of the following pictures; my boyfriend and I were out running errands at the time and I just couldn’t wait to try this out :D). Suzume played with a couple of pets until finally, the option popped up for us to adopt this little guy. Just who I wanted (see the comment I made at the end of THIS post)! From what I’ve read, the way you know that you are going to get the option to adopt a pet is when you see 3 hearts in the little speech bubble when the pet is talking to you, which is exactly what I saw with our pet that we took home. The little guy in now in our pets log.

To be continued...

OldSchoolTama

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:51 PM ( #59 )

Many thanks to gozarutchisawsome for checking out my log. I can't believe that you would read my entire log in one go (I write a ton!) but I'm really glad that you did. I hope you continue to enjoy it as much as I love writing it! :)

April 23, 2011 (continued)

Later in the evening, I presented Suzume with the new microphone. She loved it. We had some of her friends come over for karaoke. When she took the stage, the crowd went wild! As I looked up at her, my heart swelled with pride. She loves to sing like I do. :) Suzume earned another happy sign with the microphone. Look at her giving the audience that cheeky wink of hers! XD

Before Suzume went to bed, she visited her pet and took him out on a walk to the park.

Tamagotchi iD
I’m looking at my pictures and I’m trying to figure out why I have a picture of Shelutchi, a teen, and Chamametchi, an adult, both taken on the 23rd, just at different times (this is what happens when you log about a certain day a few days after it happens and you only have pictures to rely on...my memory is a little fuzzy :P). I mentioned in my entry for the 22nd that I didn’t take pictures of my iD that day, since it was a Friday and I was extremely busy. Amaya must have evolved from a Hoshitchi to Shelutchi on the 22nd and I just didn’t take a picture of it on that particular day. Anyway, Amaya went from Hoshitchi to Shelutchi and then she evolved into Chamametchi later in the evening of the 23rd. Amaya was doing fine but she got sick later so I had to give her some meds. Feeling better, she headed off to bed and slept soundly.

TMGC+C
Kei evolved into Shimashimatchi today, which is awesome because I can’t remember the last time (if ever at all…I’d have to look back in my log to see) I had him. He's so cute! Nothing much else went on with him.

Posted Image

No new happenings with my TMGO.

Thanks so much for reading! :)

OldSchoolTama

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:00 AM ( #60 )

April 24, 2011

Tamagotchi iD L
I woke up in the morning to find Suzume standing there in a house that looked like a pig sty. :P

Posted Image

I made a mental note to go shopping for some cleaning supplies later. After some breakfast, Suzume and I took our customary trip to Donuts Park. We found Gotchi Man there. He sidled up to us and started chatting up a very star-struck Suzume.

Posted Image

Wishing to get to the store sometime this morning, I tried to wrap up the conversation as politely as I could while ushering Suzume away. What a silly girl!

We finally arrived at Tama Depa. I made a beeline for the cleaning supplies and Suzume headed to a clothing boutique a short distance away. I bought the mop, vacuum cleaner, and scrubbing brush.

We started cleaning the house as soon as we got home. Suzume really go into it. :) I think that only the main living room was dirty at the moment and I wasn’t sure which one would clean that room so I decided to try them all out.

So it looks like the scrubbing brush cleans the bath (shower) room

Posted Image

The mop cleans the kitchen and the toilet room

While the vacuum cleans the living room and bedroom

I finally made use of the seeds I bought a couple of days ago (I bought the Popular Fruit Seeds package). Suzume and her pet enjoyed themselves while I planted in the garden.

All is well with my Tamagotchi iD, TMGC+C, and TMGO. Hoping to have more balanced updates soon. There are just so many great features with the iD L and I usually go crazy with pictures. :D Till next time!

OldSchoolTama

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:43 PM ( #61 )

Thanks again, Pantheratchi, for reading and for your wonderful comments! :)

April 25, 2011

Tamagotchi iD L
As soon as Suzume woke up, she earned her final happy sign (all adult characters on the iD L earn their 4th happy sign after 48 hours of being an adult). I still can’t get over how brilliant all that color looks! This happened before she got the chance to take a shower, by the way, so please excuse her appearance. XD

Posted Image

After her shower, we went out in the garden to feed Suzume’s pet. As we were about to head back in, Suzume noticed that the stalk we planted yesterday was blooming even more. It blossomed fully to reveal a strawberry! Makes sense because we planted a Popular Fruit Seed yesterday (this is different than the plants on the TMGC+C: first of all, they take a few days to blossom fully and secondly, they don't produce fruit that can be sold...very nice additions on the iD L). I carefully stored our fruit, all the while making a mental note to take it with me to the Tama Marche later.

Shortly after breakfast, Suzume and I headed down to the Tama Marche at Donuts Park, which is available in the morning hours. Mamametchi greeted us there and offered 100 GP for the strawberry. I accepted her offer.

We then headed to the matchmaker, who presented Suzume with many charming suitors (the young man covered in all that paint is quite interesting :P). She decided on Kuchipatchi and they professed their love for each other. Here are the cute dating scenes again (they're similar to what's seen on the iD). Love it! I think it's awesome that Suzume is the one presenting the ring. How refreshingly unconventional!

To be continued...

OldSchoolTama

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:01 PM ( #62 )

April 25, 2011 (continued)

Here’s another thing that I love about the iD L compared to the other color Tamagotchis. This is my first time moving on from the first generation on the iD L and I like it that after the visit to the matchmaker and the dates, the Tamagotchi comes back with an egg, not a baby out of the egg. It’s a really small detail but I’m really glad that this little change was made. I love seeing the little egg hatch and now I get to see it every time my Tamagotchi comes back from the matchmaker! :)

Posted Image

A baby girl hatched from the egg and I named her Kiyomi (“beautiful child”). This character is Choribotchi. She’s got a cute little bow on the top of her head. ^_^ She evolved into Kingyobotchi after the hour.

Kiyomi and I spent the rest of the day at the park, where she bonded with a few of the pets.

Nothing new going on with my TMGC+C and iD. My TMGO got married to Kuchipatchi today.

Posted Image

April 26, 2011

According to the pictures I took on this day, nothing much happened. Kiyomi on my iD L evolved into Painaputchi and I took this very unflattering picture of her. :P

Posted Image

No new happenings with my iD, TMGC+C or TMGO.

Till next time!

OldSchoolTama

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:36 PM ( #63 )

April 27, 2011

Tamagotchi iD L
Kiyomi evolved into Memetchi today.

Posted Image

I took her to Tama Depa to get some new clothes because she wanted to look her best when going to visit her mom today. We bought this stunning blue dress. After trying it on, she earned one of her happy signs.

After she was all dressed up, we set out for her mom’s place (which becomes an available option under the sweets menu after the first generation). Mother (remember Suzume?) and daughter embraced and then her mom went to the kitchen to whip up something nice for her to eat (it was the same Heart Cake that is found at Tama Cafe). It was a very lovely visit. I like how the smoke coming out of the house's chimney are shaped like sweets. :)

Later that day, I was in the mood to go to the Tama Market (which is also at the Donuts Park, but only available in the evening) and so I splurged because all the items were available for 30% off the regular prices found at Tama Depa. I bought some seeds, clothes, a graduation cap, and a tiara, among other things.

We also picked up a pet for Kiyomi at the park (there are the 3 consecutive hearts in the pet's speech bubble again). Kiyomi turned in shortly afterward.

Be back later for my April 27 update on my iD, TMGC+C and TMGO...

OldSchoolTama

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:38 PM ( #64 )

Good news: I’m finally getting my laptop fixed because the port for my AC adapter is loose and I don’t usually have my battery (which is old and doesn’t last that long anyway) plugged in at home so the computer shuts off on me randomly or if I make the slightest movement, which is really frustrating when you’re writing a paper or trying to update your Tamagotchi log. :P This is why I do all those things on Word these days so that I can have Auto Recovery work its magic if needed.

Anyway, the bad news is that the most recent log pictures (April 27, where I left off in my log, to May 1) have not been uploaded to Photo Bucket and they’re stuck on my laptop. Without seeing these pictures, I won’t remember what went on during those days so I’m going to have to wait until I get my laptop back. I could go ahead and just keep providing updates with what’s been happening after May 1, since I’m taking pictures at the moment, and then just go back and write about April 27-May 1 at a later time, but I’m weird because I like to have all my entries posted in chronological order. I sent in my laptop on Monday, May 2 and they said it’s going to take 5-7 days to fix, so here’s what I’ve been doing for the past few days. I’m typing up on Word what’s been going on from May 2 to the present so I’ll have those ready by the time I get my laptop back. Then all I’ll need to do is type up what went on in that April 27 to May 1 period, and then I’ll start posting everything. I think this would be best rather than just sitting here and typing nothing until my laptop comes back. Then I’ll be behind again and frankly, I’ve had enough of that. I’ve literally been typing and trying to catch up nonstop since April 19 and I’m still not caught up!

Long story short, I’m doing the best I can to catch up. Between getting my computer fixed, temporarily losing my camera on the 3rd (found it yesterday!), the semester winding down, and finals coming up, I’m facing some setbacks but I’m looking at getting it completely updated by next week (=fingers crossed=). I hope you all understand! Thanks for reading my random blurbs. ^_^

OldSchoolTama

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:02 PM ( #65 )

Finally going to resume catching up and updating my log. It might take a little while because I'm shuttling back and forth between different computers in the house. All the computer madness that's going on hasn't been completely resolved (I managed to salvage all my data from my old computer...turns out the hard drive was failing...but now I don't have my own computer on which to permanently store this data, so I'm plugging in this external hard drive that has all my data into whatever computer is available until I get a new one) but it's getting there. Onto the updates!

April 27, 2011 (continued)

Tamagotchi iD
Okay, so for the past few days, I’ve been looking at Amaya, who is a Chamametchi and thinking to myself, “okay, it’s been days…why hasn’t she evolved into an adult yet?” XD This is even after I already knew on some level that she had evolved for the final time a few days ago. The reason behind my slight confusion (and I’m very sure I’m not the only one) was that Chamametchi has always been a teen character and ever since the TMGO, she’s been an adult character instead. I finally realized that, duh, I have an adult after she earned her Mo letter (the one all iD adults earn when they’ve been adults for 72 hours) today. So after that, I took care of her other letters (Ta=eating Omurice from the Tama Restaurant, Ma=eating Ichigo Doughnut, To=using the picture book from Tama Depa).

After all that, I took Amaya to the matchmaker, where she fell in love with Kikitchi. They had a baby boy, who I named Minoru ("truth"). He evolved into the toddler, Hanepatchi.

To be continued...

OldSchoolTama

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:38 PM ( #66 )

April 27, 2011 (continued)

TMGC+C
Wow, it’s been so long since I’ve logged about Kei. Well, he had been an adult for a couple of days now and so I took him to the matchmaker. There, he and Makiko underwent a brief courtship, got married, and they had a boy! I named him Takeo (“valiant male”). He evolved into Kuribotchi after the hour. It was a quiet day thereafter.

TMGO
Quinn and Kuchipatchi had a baby girl today and I believe this is where I took the batteries out of my TMGO (I have to double-check my pictures, but I think this is where I stopped running it).

Posted Image

That’s all for the 27th. Time for me to go chow down on some food but I’ll be back soon! Thanks for reading! :)

OldSchoolTama

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:10 PM ( #67 )

April 28, 2011

Tamagotchi iD L
Another cleaning day!

Posted Image

After tidying up the house and a quick bath, Kiyomi and I went outside to play with the new painter’s palette I got her. She enjoyed it very much! She's certainly got the knack for art.

I took Kiyomi over to the Tama Café, where she munched on a sunflower cookie (another happy item of hers).

Posted Image

She and I spent the rest of the day perusing the Tama Market, where she persuaded me to buy a few items. It was a relaxing day.

Tamagotchi iD
Minoru evolved from a Hanepatchi to Kiraratchi today (sorry for the fuzzy picture). Not much else happened with my iD after this.

Posted Image

TMGC+C
Takeo evolved into Young Mametchi this afternoon. I’m thinking of aiming for Kuchipatchi again. I could go for Gozarutchi since I don’t think I’ve ever gotten him on the +C before, but we’ll see.

Posted Image

That’s all for the 28th! Stay tuned…

OldSchoolTama

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:49 PM ( #68 )

April 29, 2011

Happy royal wedding day! :D Though today was Friday, my long lecture day, I felt really giddy for some reason. Apart from the fact that we had multiple long breaks during the day (rather than having lecture for 8 or 9 hours straight like we used to do) and we were scheduled to leave early for the day, I think it was mostly because of all the coverage I was seeing for the wedding. Granted, I am in the States so there weren’t awesome street parties all over the place for the occasion or anything, but this day definitely called to mind the days I spent pretending that I was a princess and being totally immersed in the whole fairy tale thing. The wedding was kind of like a fairy tale come true. :) It may not be the most earth-shattering thing happening in the world but with all the bad news that we have these days, it's really refreshing once in a while to see something as beautiful as a wedding ceremony unfold before our eyes (definitely not trying to downplay the seriousness of important issues in the world though). Over-hyped or not, it's the union of two people who love each other. I'm really happy for them! Also, Kate’s dress was absolutely stunning. Anyway, before I get too off track…

Tamagotchi iD L
I thought it would be fun if Kiyomi tried on the tiara I bought a while back. Very fitting, what with the royal wedding that went on and all, no? ^_^ She loved the tiara.

Tamagotchi iD
By the time I got home from class and pulled my camera out to take some pictures, Minoru had evolved into Mametchi. No surprises there; I was aiming for this character and I made sure to not get any care misses. I did the usual, getting as many happy items as I could for him (Ta=eating hamburger steak from the Restaurant, Ma=eating MameDaifuku from Tama Café, To= wearing the baseball Cap from the Accessory Shop or reading the encyclopedia from the Tama Depa). I decided to go with the encyclopedia because that’s smart Mametchi for ya. :) Here he is reading it and soaring around on it. Yes, I did catch a picture of him mid-soar. So adorable!

TMGC+C
No pictures today, as Takeo just evolved into a teen yesterday.

TMGO
I guess I didn’t take out the batteries (as was previously mentioned) until today because here is a picture of Quinn and Kuchipatchi’s baby girl, now a toddler (Belutchi).

Posted Image

Recap of the 29th—DONE! I’ll be back for more soon!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NO COMMENTS