Little siblings who are lazy with their Tamas....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchi&hanatchilover

Reaction score
Right, so, my little sister started up a V4.5 and a V2 at around the same time I started up my Music Star and V4.5. Not a big deal, right? Well, all the V4.5s were originally mine, and she killed my V4.5! Today, I got home from school and it's a toddler and it was super sick and everything. I have now taken that Tamagotchi into my care, and I'm taking the battery out of the V2 and she's not going to be allowed to play with another one. All she's doing is leaving them on all the time and not caring for them, and that's wasting the batteries!!!

Anyone else have this problem, with siblings killing off a beloved Tamagotchi just because they "forget" to care for them, or pause them? What do you think of people like this?

Luckily I never had that problem because my sisters aren't interested enough to even pick one up.

But I do remember years ago a boy at school pinched one from my bag and fed it about 20 snacks in an attempt to kill it. Since then whenever anyone asks to play with it I'm like 'errrmmmm.... nooo, I don't think it likes you very much' XD

Right, so, my little sister started up a V4.5 and a V2 at around the same time I started up my Music Star and V4.5. Not a big deal, right? Well, all the V4.5s were originally mine, and she killed my V4.5! Today, I got home from school and it's a toddler and it was super sick and everything. I have now taken that Tamagotchi into my care, and I'm taking the battery out of the V2 and she's not going to be allowed to play with another one. All she's doing is leaving them on all the time and not caring for them, and that's wasting the batteries!!!

Anyone else have this problem, with siblings killing off a beloved Tamagotchi just because they "forget" to care for them, or pause them? What do you think of people like this?
Argh! I hate it when people do that!

Luckily I never had that problem because my sisters aren't interested enough to even pick one up.

But I do remember years ago a boy at school pinched one from my bag and fed it about 20 snacks in an attempt to kill it. Since then whenever anyone asks to play with it I'm like 'errrmmmm.... nooo, I don't think it likes you very much' XD
lol :lol:

----------------------------------

I don't have any siblings that like Tamagotchis, however, it makes me mad when people say they "Forgot" to care for it, and they neglect their poor Tamagotchis all the time, and those perfectly good Tamagotchis could be mine! xD

Last edited by a moderator:
When I started first getting into Tamagotchis a few years ago my sister threw a fit because I had one and she didn't. So she finally got one and two days i see it dead on the floor underneath the table. -.- She then threw a fit cause I wanted it but she didn't wanna give it to me and she ended up keeping it. Then lost it. -.-

Uhhhrg. I am so lucky I'm the youngest of my siblings... I would FREAK if I had to let someone even "barrow" a tama for 5 minutes, let alone keep it. I love mine to death. I have bags full of my tamas/digitalpets/precure/other cousins of digital pets... I could easily say I am addicted to any virtual pet I come across. I have a unoffical shrine to my digital pets...

I would highly recommend to you guys... "Hide or Lose" your tamas from your siblings. (Not really lose, but say so) If forced to let them barrow... Remove the battery or switch with a near dead one... If they get a dead battery, they will most likely not want to play with them anymore...

I know what you mean. My younger sister was like "Ooh I want a tama!!" So when she got her music star and tama-go she just cares for it when it beeps for her or she brings it to me to make it un-sick. Im tempted to take them XD

I don't have a little sibling but I mean if it's there's I'd let them play with it till they got bored then just reset it and play with it myself. Batteries aren't that much maybe a $2.00 at most.

But honestly I'm horrible with the pause button. Mines always on pause. I just don't have the time between school, work, and socialness.

I have a hard time finding them besides my grocery store... I mean, other stores have them but they charge like $4 for one...Its truely annouying. My grocery store has two for $5, atleast I get two... But sometimes I find them in my art store for candles that run on battery. I LOVE buying my LR44 there.... They are dirt cheap.

I'd worry about kids getting them and "Spilling" a drink on them or having sticky hands. It drives me nuts when I know I have sticky hands.... Let alone children who most-likely do around me. Ruining them... *Creepy to me* considering how much one is worth... They are worth atleast double price to me...

I have a 3 year old niece who occasionally plays with my "Tinkerbell Egg" v3.

Obviously she does not understand what to do, but she knows that when it beeps, the Tama wants something.

She exclaims "Oh No" and pushes buttons before coming to me for "Help It."

After watching her I agree more with Shut. If it is their Tama, let them play and when it dies and they no longer care... take it for yourself.

Batteries near me are about 1-1.50$ each for 32s at the computer store (since they are same as CMOS.)

LRs are about 3$ for a pack of 5. There is an arsenal of batteries at my disposal now.

Lucky for me, I do not have to Pause. My RL friends and Tutee's understand that Tama cost money and have 5 minute priority when with me.

Now, If only my Warcraft Guild understood and stopped threating to kill them. -____-;;

~Phnx

I don't have a little sibling but I mean if it's there's I'd let them play with it till they got bored then just reset it and play with it myself. Batteries aren't that much maybe a $2.00 at most.

But honestly I'm horrible with the pause button. Mines always on pause. I just don't have the time between school, work, and socialness.
What is this "socialness" you speak of? I have heard rumors of that.. <Homeschooled and antisocial

Ha. But I'm going back to school this year.

That's off topic >.<

My brother forgot his tama-go. I had to save it from the death beep. He hates it because the screen's broken. Cah. Not only with his tamagotchi, he ignored his mouse since the other one died. My mum said either he takes care of it, he gives it to me, or she gives it away. He said he didn't care what happened to it >X >X >X

Okay. THat's off topic. And I don't think anyone wants to hear about Koopa or Mametchi >.<

Hehe, thats my little sister for you. If I get my collection out, she strops about wanting one, and of course, because I have 'So many, you cant be using them all at once' according to my parents, I'm forced to give her one!

However, I have a little failsafe. I keep an old 'NanoKitty' in my Tamatin, so I just pop some new batteries in that and give her that one. I can guarantee by the end of the day the Kitty is on it's last legs, and my sisters interest is long gone! :p

Yes, definitely! My sisters have their own Tamagotchis too, and they are constantly forgetting to check on them when they call for attention. There have been many times when I had to save them from (practically) dying! Sometimes, I think to myself, "Why should I take care of theirs for them?" It's kind of their own responsibility, you know? But I do, because, really...who would be so cruel as to let a Tama die when you know you could've saved it! Not me ;) Anyway... I don't mind taking care of a few more! :D

They never use my tamagotchi but my little sisters are really bad at caring for them. For a while they would give me their tamas to take care of (and of course they forger about it and add to my collection) but they try and take care of their Tama-Gos themselves. No deaths yet, but one was real close too losing one, caught it in the nick of time. Since they aren't my tamagotchi I don't really get mad at them I just say something along the lines of "you really should take better care of your tamagotchi" or "hey, have you checked your tama lately?"

They sometimes get the hint. =w=;

I remember my seven year old brother having a cameo print v2, and we were having our dinner, and his started bleeping! I didn't know what the sound was, because I haven't ever had a dead tama, and I cried! I was eight though :/

My older brother never took care of his tam a. So one day I took it and he still dose not know. I would also freak if someone played with my tam as.

My sis isn't she loves it soo much!

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

I had mine first!

My younger brother will usually sell a Tama to me for under 5 pounds
imageproxy.php
. Pretty good deal! But I only do it to save them 'cos he just forgets to pause them or quit the PC screen and when his Tama-Gos parents left...I was the only one who noticed! I would pay all my pocket money to put Little Brother Protection round my new V4.5!

Oh yes, I've unfortunately experienced this. I bought my younger brother a Tama for Christmas a few years ago. He opened it, played with it for two minutes, then demanded I take care of it.

I understand.

A year or two ago I got the Familitchi, three actually, and, my little sister bugged me about giving her my third one. Annoyed with her, I finally relented, on the conditions that I could take it back whenever I felt I needed to.

She didn't even last a week.

After a day I found the Tama on my bed, her screen filled with poop while she was hungry and unhappy, not to mention about to die. And this was only in toddler form. I ragged on her about it for a bit, warning her, and gave it back.

Guess what was on my bed the next day?

After three days of rescuing the poor thing, I finally told her she could never have it again.

(And, when people as to see them I'm also hesitant... Honestly. Get your own!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back