Connecting my V5 to my Tama-Go

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikachu

Reaction score
So, I read that a V5 can connect with a Tama-Go, correct?

I am having a total "What in the world?" moment. I tried to connect them to have them play, and when I tried, my Tama-Go didn't read the V5, and the V5 took me to the "Download or Reset?" screen. Huh!? Is that supposed to happen?

Not suppose to happen, but sometimes it does happen...

I had that same problem... I downloaded it back to normal... Took my v5 and connected it with a different tamagotchi connection... Then I tried it again with my Tama-go... Then it worked.... I confused the infared to work...hahaha.

People will also recommend checking your battery.... Which is a good thing if it keeps doing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
It can't be the batteries, since I just put new ones in each of my tamas. I can't connect to any others at the moment, since I have been unsuccessful at connecting my V3 to my V5, but I'll keep trying.

It can't be the batteries, since I just put new ones in each of my tamas. I can't connect to any others at the moment, since I have been unsuccessful at connecting my V3 to my V5, but I'll keep trying.
You won't be able to successfully test your V5 out with your V3 because those two can't connect anyway (CLICK HERE for the Ultimate Connecting Guide). When connecting the V5 to the Tama-Go, it's not supposed to take you to the reset/download screen, so I don't really know what's going on there. The following is taken from binary's TMGO LOG, where he conducted some connection experiments:

V5 = pass (as Others on the Tama-Go.) Note: for V5-series Tamagotchis, when both are at the Stand-By screen, you have to press the B (middle) button on the V5. Pressing it on the Tama-Go will result in an error "Sorry!! Push key from Ver.5" Another Note: Since the family name on the V5 is limited to 5 letters, only the first 5 letters of your Tama-Go user name will appear in its listing in the V5 friends list.
So when you tried connecting, did you do it exactly like this?

Humm. Well lets see then. Only a v4 and a higher tama can connect to a v5. I've seen some people trying to connect their tama with a Mirror. I've tried this for giggles with no success...

Otherwise, Try connecting again. If you get the same message again... Give it a few hours if you try connecting them again. Since you don't have any other connectable tamas at this time.

Just tried it again, to no avail. I'll wait until after class today or something to do it again. My only other means of connecting is my brother who lives two hours away.

Humm. I wouldn't travel 2 hours just to connect.... Sometimes it "helps" but it will take some of your growth time away... But Removing the battery later if it doesn't connect... Leave the battery out for a few minutes. Put it back in. Then download and all. Connect (hope to) then see if it works. Otherwise, I guess you need to keep trying.

I tried the battery-thing, and it worked. I got them to connect! :D Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back