3DS official release date

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I remember posting about the 3DS last March. XD

Pre-ordered mine at GameStop...I need to go tomorrow to choose Aqua Blue. :D Same as kuromametchi, I still play my DS Lite that I've had for a couple years. And the hinge broke last March or April, sooo I would REALLY like an upgrade considering my DS is floppy. XD Sadly, the battery life for the 3DS isn't very long. =( Oh well. I guess most of the time I'm playing it at home anyway, so I can just stick it in to charge when it runs out...but can I still play it when it's in the charging cradle? o_O Or is it possible to plug it in and -not- put it in the cradle...I don't know. XD

So to be a liiiittle more specific...

JP Release: February 26th 2011, ¥25,000

EU Release: March 25th 2011, (I'm not sure about the price, it might've been 229 pounds?)

US Release: March 27th 2011, $250

Not sure that appeared, I didn't click Post Reply. Anyways, events on the 28th will determine if I get 3DS... and Im hoping I won't be getting it in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have the old DS (phat)~ <3 So I will totally get this, if only to be able to play Animal Crossing 3DS.

Because I'd much rather have PSPNGP. And it turns out the rumours were true. I actualy still think I'll get a 3DS. It looks to good to miss.
oh, i see how it is. However, I prefer Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft's main purpose is to compete, whereas Nintendo just does what they want regardless of whatever anyone else is doing. So now Sony feels compelled to create a new handheld as well as making motion control remotes for the PS3, and Microsoft feels compelled to make its own form of motion control, the 'kinect'. And plus the 3DS just looks way cooler at this point.

oh, i see how it is. However, I prefer Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft's main purpose is to compete, whereas Nintendo just does what they want regardless of whatever anyone else is doing. So now Sony feels compelled to create a new handheld as well as making motion control remotes for the PS3, and Microsoft feels compelled to make its own form of motion control, the 'kinect'. And plus the 3DS just looks way cooler at this point.
Yeah, because Nintendo were soooo the first people to have Motion Controls </sarcasm>

between them, microsoft, and sony? yeah, i'm pretty sure they were. Then sony copied it with the stupid looking wand controllers.
Lol. That's all I can say. Lol.

Sony had motion controls wayyyyy before Nintendo.

Move is an advanced form of EyeToy, which existed quite a while before Nintendo. Also, people who compare Move to Wiimote don't understand how different they are, they may look similar, but the technology is completely different.

Lol. That's all I can say. Lol.

Sony had motion controls wayyyyy before Nintendo.

Move is an advanced form of EyeToy, which existed quite a while before Nintendo. Also, people who compare Move to Wiimote don't understand how different they are, they may look similar, but the technology is completely different.
all right, i suppose i stand corrected, you're right. The EyeToy was released in 2003, whereas the wii was released in 2006. However, it's a totally different sort of technology. eyetoy is a webcam, more similar to the kinect, and wii has wireless controller/ pointing device/ 3d motion detector. And I can rightfully say that nintendo used this way before sony.

but, on another note, this is completely off topic, so let's leave it at that.

Lol, I remember posting about the 3DS last March. XD

Pre-ordered mine at GameStop...I need to go tomorrow to choose Aqua Blue. :D Same as kuromametchi, I still play my DS Lite that I've had for a couple years. And the hinge broke last March or April, sooo I would REALLY like an upgrade considering my DS is floppy. XD Sadly, the battery life for the 3DS isn't very long. =( Oh well. I guess most of the time I'm playing it at home anyway, so I can just stick it in to charge when it runs out...but can I still play it when it's in the charging cradle? o_O Or is it possible to plug it in and -not- put it in the cradle...I don't know. XD

US Release: March 27th 2011, $250
Yeah I love how the aqua looks!I think the hinge on my DS lite is about to break too,I can see a little bit of the metal :eek: I found this on the 3DS website:

Included in Hardware The following is included in the hardware set:
Nintendo 3DS system

Nintendo 3DS charging cradle

Nintendo 3DS AC adapter

Nintendo 3DS stylus

SD Memory Card (2GB)

AR Card(s) (view the cards using the outer cameras to play supported AR games)

Quick-Start Guide

Operations Manual (including warranty)
so it comes with a cradle and a separate charger so it doesn't have to be in the cradle to charge :blink:

(EDIT:fixed a typo and some missing HTML codes)

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, i believe i will be getting aqua blue as well, assuming that that and black are the only options. Other colors will probably come out later, but I want mine at release. I've already pre-ordered months ago, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back