When your Tamagotchi is sleeping...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicefly

Reaction score
...what do you do?

I've been thinking about Tamagotchi sleeping patterns lately. They're very annoying.

See, in my part-time job, I usually work late nights. Like now, for instance, I've been home about 30 minutes and it's 3.30am. So all my Tamagotchis are sleeping. It'd be nice to come home and play with them, but they need to sleep.

Because I'm up so late, I usually stay in bed until 10am, by which time they've woken up, emptied all their hearts and poo'd all over the place.

I won't change the time on them because for half the week I'm awake in the daytime working at a school, and I also use Tamagotchis to tell the time, as I hate watches.

I always disliked the Tamagotchi sleep pattern. I think they go to bed too early, so when it's the evening and you're relaxing on the couch, you can't play with them. I used to think they woke up too late when I was a kid, because they'd still be asleep when I left for school, but now I think they wake up too early because I need to sleep in 'til later.

Wouldn't it be really nice if Tamagotchis had a sleep bar as well as hungry/happy/discipline hearts/bars, and you could decide when they go to sleep, but you have to keep their sleep bar up? So they need a certain amount of sleep, but you can decide when it is? And you could wake them up when you want them to get up.

Anybody else think this is a good idea?

Just a thought!

Ahh, with this idea... they would not play or work unless their sleep bar was a certain level. Similar to not playing when their weight is too low.

This could work for me as I have an irregular sleep schedule... sometimes at night, sometimes during the day.

Right now I just change the time (on connections, not vintage) whenever I am bored and want to play with them.

So it would be like... Turn the lights out and little Gotchi goes to sleep. Turn on to Wake up?

Or similar to the wakeup function on Music Star, but without stress penalty?

It would be cute to see if the sleep bar was depleted and they nodded off like narcoleptic with the lights on.

~Phnx

^ That sounds adorable :D

It could be like when they're underweight and they won't play games- they could be sleepy and yawning until you let them take a nap :p

It would be nice because you could make them sleep while you are in classes or busy doing something else, and you could stay awake and play all night if you wanted to ^-^ If you were going to a boring dinner party in the evening, your Tama friend could help you survive XD

You don't battery tab them? How do they sleep and not waste battery power??!! I just tab and take out the batteries?? Plz reply D:

@so101:: Those were maybe old batteries...

My v6's were sleep (and paused) on the 10th. I unpaused them both today... they are perfectly fine.

My v3 was also paused for about a week before I took the batteries out. That battery is now in my v2.

@DorkFish:: Changing the time gets annoying and sometime can make event problems.

Ex:: Changing the time on my v6Stars in the evening (before they slept) prevented Guitarman from coming to pay in the morning.

Thus... they missed the evening concerts and I had to wait until the next day from everything to fix.

This happen... twice, on both v6Stars. I should experiment and see what actually causes this. o.o

To get back on topic. I wonder if the Bandai Tamagotchi Design Team even think about stuff anymore.

Otherwise they would have known how hard it is to hide Tama-Go in a pencil case... or even purse.

Now how are we supposed to take care of them in secrecy during class?

With the sleep idea... I could play with them whenever without pausing their lives and lose precious growth time.

Nor have to change clock time 5 times a day... Just turn off lights for a nap like babies.

Steady Dreaming of the Perfect Tama. -_____-;;

~Phnx

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be a cool idea! I believe in gen1 and 2 tamas the better adult characters actually go to bed late and wake up late, its been awhile since ive started one up but i could have sworn there was a few characters that go to bed around 10 or eleven and wake up around 10 am

I'm in bed right now, typing away on my laptop. It's 1am, and my little Tama-Go is snoozing away. I daren't wake her up though, I feel mean XD These are the times when I think the sleep idea would be awesome.

Obviously the Tamagotchi could refuse to sleep if it was already rested enough- otherwise it would become like a cheaty pause alternative. Or that could be another way to discipline your Tama- if it refuses to sleep even when it's tired. Like kids do :p

Obviously the Tamagotchi could refuse to sleep if it was already rested enough- otherwise it would become like a cheaty pause alternative. Or that could be another way to discipline your Tama- if it refuses to sleep even when it's tired. Like kids do :p
Good idea. I always hate people who go like "I got a Mametchi!!!" and all they did was make it sleep.

The Tamagotchis have some gimmick or upgrade in tvery version:

V3: Introduced TamaTown

V4: Go to school and get a job

V5: Family

Music Star: Be a Music star

Tama-Go: Like a real Game Consle, has "Game Cartriges"

This could be the perfect Tamagotchi: "TamaRest; Angelic Sleeping".

Yep! And having more control of sleeping times means more awake time to spend together ^-^

If they did this, I think Tamagotchis would be perfect :)

This would be a great idea, I love it! I also work part-time and have weird schedules. Lately, I've had to get up at 5, clock in at 7... Have break at 11 and get off around 2 or 3... Not very good when I got a Tama running. Then on my days off, I sleep in till noon. The choosing of sleeping times would be fantastic! Now if only it'll happen....

That would be rather fantastic , really. It would come with it's own downfalls, of course, but I would love it. As you've probably read in my log recently, I can't stand how my v4 goes to bed at 8pm, as I still have a good 4 hours where I am awake and want to play with her, and then sleeps in until 9am, and that kills me because I'm up around 630-7am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back