Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

VOTE! Should we allow videos to be included in signatures?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: VOTE! Should we allow videos to be included in signatures? (64 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we allow videos to be included in signatures?

1. Yes - I want videos in signatures (17 votes [26.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.56%

2. No - I do not want videos in signatures (47 votes [73.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.44%

Vote

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:07 PM ( #61 )

As of this post we have just over 70% of 46 votes in favor of banning videos in signatures. I'd like to keep this poll open for another week or so before we talk about formalizing a rule. Please vote if you haven't already and thank you to those who have voted and contributed to the discussion. :D

x.//StoryTeller//.x

• xstorytellerx user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:27 PM ( #62 )

That'd be pretty neat, Admin. (:

If people don't want it taking up a lot of the screen, There could be a button to click on the signature to view the video (Like on some websites with the "View Spoiler" button). Or maybe there could be a button to hide all videos in your site options menu. I don't see how hard that'll be, all you're doing is clicking a button.

Once again, that'd be pretty neat.

mew0099

• mew0099 user photo

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:54 PM ( #63 )

For those who want to store a video in their signatures, why not set up an external link?

If you just leave the video untouched, people will be annoyed by lag.
External links are easy to set up and just require one click to go to your link/video.

Just thinking.

Like so.

yattatchi425

• yattatchi425 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:15 PM ( #64 )

admin, you should put a button that blocks embedded vids and turns them into links, that way people will have the choice to see vids, kinda like spoilers.

Edited by yattatchi425, 12 February 2011 - 05:16 PM.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:23 PM ( #65 )

You mean...

Get an HTML/BBcode blocking video codes? Its possible it will remove ALL embedding... I'm sure you'd like to keep your pictures...
You would need to block so many embedding codes, player codes and so-on.

I've seen a few posts here about spoilers again... It will NOT stop the youtube video 100%. Sure it will HIDE it... But not STOP it. Regardless you have pushed the play button or not... IT will still download the related video links... Which then link to the box. If you were to push play... Then stop.(Stop, Not Pause) They show up right away if stop is pushed.... Nya. This is what is slowing down loading for some people... adds more lag and without spoiler, extends the forum page.

Edited by SailorRosette, 12 February 2011 - 07:24 PM.

yattatchi425

• yattatchi425 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:49 PM ( #66 )

ya, just an idea, but i personally dont care about vids in siggys because my cpu pretty darn fast, but i know others have laggy cpus.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:55 PM ( #67 )

Alright everyone... I am closing this poll after February 20th so please cast your vote if you haven't already!

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:53 AM ( #68 )

I voted 'No'. I don't believe it is needed, and would prove to just be a distraction. It would also slow down the load time of the board.

complete_tama_fanatic

• complete-tama-fanatic user photo

Posted 20 February 2011 - 04:09 PM ( #69 )

I voted 'no'... Honestly, I think that even though it'd be a neat feature, you could just put a link to a video in your signature. Also, if it was added on, it'd take longer to scroll down to the bottom of a page.

@CTF@

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:00 PM ( #70 )

I want to thank everyone for voting on this. We have a 73% majority of TamaTalkers who want to make videos in signatures go away. That is a pretty sizable majority so this will become a rule... From now on no videos are allowed in signatures. You can still include a link to video(s) in your signature if you want.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the voting!