Photo
- - - - -

JD tamagotchi connection pet and laser pen?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:21 PM ( #1 )

i saw this on e-bay So...whats the laser pen for? <_< I think it's a JD "tamagotchi" it's only selling for $4.99!
it says:

Play games
Give presents
Have tamababies.
Versions 1 to 4 of Tamagotchi Connection have 6 levels of friendship that can be viewed in the Friends List:

Acquaintance (one smiley-face)
Buddy (two smiley-faces)
Friend (three smiley-faces)
Good friend (four smiley-faces)
Best friend (two love-hearts, two smiley-faces, during connection they may kiss)
Partner (four love-hearts, during connection they will kiss and may have tamababies)

<_< So does anyone know what the laser pen is for?

Replies

Views

Started

02 Feb 2011

Last Post

22 Sep 2011

mochi_dreams

• mochi-dreams user photo

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:29 PM ( #2 )

I'm not too sure if you are aware but anything made by JD is fake. That is not a real Tamagotchi. The laser pointer is just a "extra" they add to the pack, its not used to play with the Tamagotchi at all. If you want to add a fake to your collection then I guess you could buy one but otherwise I would avoid =)

kuromametchifan123

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:58 PM ( #3 )

I'm not too sure if you are aware but anything made by JD is fake. That is not a real Tamagotchi. The laser pointer is just a "extra" they add to the pack, its not used to play with the Tamagotchi at all. If you want to add a fake to your collection then I guess you could buy one but otherwise I would avoid =)

well I wasn't planning on buying it (I know it's a fake :) ) just wondering if anyone knew why there was a laser pen included.it's weird that there would be a laser pen in the package though huh? :D Even if it's just an extra.

MintyDreams7

• mintydreams7 user photo

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:12 PM ( #4 )

Wow, that person is advertising and listing a bootleg as a real Bandai Tamagotchi, not cool.
I'd report it if I had an ebay account. :/

The laser pen probably does nothing as far as being useful to the toy itself, but it's impossible to tell from the lack of information provided. XD

zacksims123

• zacksims123 user photo
  • Lifetime Angelgotchi x2
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:12 PM ( #5 )

Dangit, JD! Stop copying!

Dorkfish04

• dorkfish04 user photo

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:47 AM ( #6 )

can't bandai sue them?

KuroMame

• kuromame user photo

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:50 PM ( #7 )

Well, I would think so. Theyy even have the same characters on the boxes.

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:57 PM ( #8 )

But why would Bandai go through the trouble of a lawsuit? I doubt JiDan profits much off of their fakes (Tamagotchi isn't too popular in the West). Besides, this sort-of stuff happens all the time!

Edited by Astromeno, 05 February 2011 - 02:58 PM.

kuromametchifan123

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:14 PM ( #9 )

Do JD's toys even sell in stores?the only place I've seen them are on eBay
This seller even said it was by Bandai in the description when it clearly says JD on the box <_< lol

Edited by kuromametchifan123, 06 February 2011 - 01:23 PM.

amirathegir

• amirathegir user photo

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:35 PM ( #10 )

idk what the laser is all about but i feel sorry for the person that bought this (unless they new it was a fake) and of course the seller doesnt except returns.
i woldn't mind buying a fake just to see what it's like and how unreal and everything. mabe i could do a reveiw n it :P

Mametchi419

• mametchi419 user photo

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:53 PM ( #11 )

>.> The laser pen is just a little extra added to the JiDan fake(鸡蛋, chicken egg, is the Chinese name of those fakers >.>) It's irrelevant, besides, it's a fake. What do you expect?
and I'm surprised BanDai hasn't found their website and sued. (I've found their website, they even have a fake iD with a bunny or something like that)

kuromametchifan123

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:06 PM ( #12 )

I'm surprised BanDai hasn't found their website and sued. (I've found their website, they even have a fake iD with a bunny or something like that)

BanDai should sue.wow they even have a fake iD! :wacko: JD needs his own ideas!

_mamatchi_

• mamatchi user photo

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:48 AM ( #13 )

That is just a random "bonus". There are also some with a weird string that looks like the one on old telephones, and one JD fake came with bootleg Tamagotchi figures. Yes, BOOTLEG TAMAGOTCHI FIGURES of the ones from the PC pack.

kuchipatchi love

• kuchipatchi-love user photo

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:15 PM ( #14 )

Silly JiDan.

But.
Bandai never copyrighted the characters. There are over 300 and a copyright can cost up to $1mil.
Even BanDai doesn't have that much money...

nekopan

• nekopan user photo

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:00 AM ( #15 )

Silly JiDan.

But.
Bandai never copyrighted the characters. There are over 300 and a copyright can cost up to $1mil.
Even BanDai doesn't have that much money...

Hey,Bandai is a big company,I think it will have enough money,but it also has to have some left for the other (awesome!) toys it makes as well. :)

Mametchi :3

• mametchi-3 user photo

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:14 PM ( #16 )

can't bandai sue them?

Bandai SHOULD sue JD, for copying their toy. Don't buy JD fakes. :mametchi:

nizidafabie

• nizidafabie user photo

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:00 AM ( #17 )

Its Fake i think.. don't buy it :P

Tamagirl1124

• tamagirl1124 user photo

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:44 AM ( #18 )

They relly should sue and yes it is copyright.....

purpurn

• purpurn user photo

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:32 PM ( #19 )

Even if something is copyrighted, it doesn't mean that the company holding the rights to the item/idea/character has to sue anyone for using the same sort of idea. Even characters for Bandai Tamagotchi might not be all copyrighted, but some I'm sure are licensed through them (having made an animated show and plushes). Bandai could sue them, but the whole point of sueing isn't so that you just get someone to stop using whatever thing you have copyrighted, it's to gain back what you have lost in business from said bootlegs. To be honest, I'm not sure JD makes enough business from their bootleg "tamagotchi" to be a real pain in the backside of Bandai. It would probably cost more for Bandai to take them to court over it than they would earn from said trial, or prevent potential customers from being lost to JD.

Growing up in America, everyone thinks that you HAVE to sue someone for things like this, but really it's mostly big corps who have nothing better to do with their money than spend it on expensive court fees that go sue happy. Bandai probably doesn't see JD as a threat to their business and probably has other things they need to do with their earnings.

-Purn

MametchiBoyz

• mametchiboyz user photo

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:31 AM ( #20 )

JiDan toys sux.Dont buy anything from it unless u are collecting (like me :P ).JD is BOOOOO :nyatchi: