- - - - -

JD tamagotchi connection pet and laser pen?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• tamagirl1124 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:44 AM ( #18 )

They relly should sue and yes it is copyright.....

• purpurn user photo

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:32 PM ( #19 )

Even if something is copyrighted, it doesn't mean that the company holding the rights to the item/idea/character has to sue anyone for using the same sort of idea. Even characters for Bandai Tamagotchi might not be all copyrighted, but some I'm sure are licensed through them (having made an animated show and plushes). Bandai could sue them, but the whole point of sueing isn't so that you just get someone to stop using whatever thing you have copyrighted, it's to gain back what you have lost in business from said bootlegs. To be honest, I'm not sure JD makes enough business from their bootleg "tamagotchi" to be a real pain in the backside of Bandai. It would probably cost more for Bandai to take them to court over it than they would earn from said trial, or prevent potential customers from being lost to JD.

Growing up in America, everyone thinks that you HAVE to sue someone for things like this, but really it's mostly big corps who have nothing better to do with their money than spend it on expensive court fees that go sue happy. Bandai probably doesn't see JD as a threat to their business and probably has other things they need to do with their earnings.

• mametchiboyz user photo

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:31 AM ( #20 )

JiDan toys sux.Dont buy anything from it unless u are collecting (like me :P ).JD is BOOOOO :nyatchi: