Tamagotchi packaging

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamshines

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
This is a thread to talk about which version of Tamagotchi you think has the best packaging and why. I'm a product and communication designer so I thought it would be fun to discuss my other obsession (other than Tamagotchis) - product packaging!

My favourite would have to be the P1/P2 and then the TMGC+C. I like the box shape and the presentation of the Tamagotchi. I like the interactivity of the P1/P2 packaging, the simple folding cover that presents the Tamagotchi almost as a gift - and everyone loves to receive gifts!

I enjoy the TMGC+C packaging because of color and simplicity. Most versions of Tamagotchis share the same packaging, but the designs differ. This is where I think the TMGC+C was unique as it was designed entirely around the color of the Tama itself. (I have a lime green one and absolutely adore that color).

Let's hear your favourites!

I too prefer the originals and the TMG+C.

The main reason is that they are easiest to open, you can keep the box intact, and it makes for a simple storage solution when the Tamagotchi is not being played with.

The other reason is because I am horribly accident-prone and always cut myself on the Connections packaging. :lol:

My least favourite packaging would have to be the Tama-Go because the cardboard is far too flimsy. Having the featured Tamagotchi's "profile" on it is charming though.

I don't really save my Tama Packaging for crafts *like I always say I will*, so, I think that the Tama-Go packaging is my favorite seeing as how it is so flimsy and easy to get open. Unfortunately, for me, all I want is the Tama, Expansion Figure, instructions and I'm off.

The one I hate the worst are the last Connection figures. Every single time I open on, I'm sure to have to sport two or three band-aids the next day, what with the packaging and it's ludicrous plastic hazards.

*muahmuah*

- Nae

Last edited by a moderator:
Connection Tamagotchi packaging... =shudder= o_O I must have my X-Acto knife with me in order to open it the way I want and to avoid cutting myself on the unyielding plastic.

I have a lot of favorites. It all comes down to ease of opening and whether or not I can preserve the packaging because I like to store my unused Tamagotchis in their original packaging. I like the TMGC+C packaging as well. The fact that the packaging cradles the actual Tamagotchi itself and that it matches the color of the Tamagotchi down to a tee is pleasing to my eyes. I also like any of the vintage packaging where you can flip the outer covering like a little door and reveal the Tamagotchi nestled inside. Boxes that are easy to open and that have a lot of color and designs are enjoyable as well, as in the case for the Santaclautch and Home Deka boxes. Finally, I like the packaging for a lot of the older, Japanese versions (UraTama, Oden-kun, Akai, Hanerutchi, etc.). It's a card on the back with a sort of dome-shaped plastic covering. It's just something different and it's easy to open and preserve also.

^ OSTFTW! (I have a modified box cutter inside my TamaKit for this.)

Boxes are the best, like the TMGC+C and P1/P2.

Easy to open, colorful, adorable and they do not cut you. My first v6Star package cut me. -___-;;

The card packages look nice too, a little flimsy but MUCH easier to store than boxes... or the hazardous plastic.

~Phnx

I have to say the P1 and P2 boxes are my favorite. They have the cute little open close window to view the tama inside. I like how they're inside an easy to open box, neatly presented, and it's a cute box.

I HATE HATE HATE the thick plastic packaging that the v1-v6's came in. I am always eager to open my tama in the car, instantly after purchasing it, and I do NOT like to try to rip open that thick plastic. It's sharp, it cuts my fingers, and it hurts my teeth when I try to rip it open. I ruined a pair of nail clippers trying to open my music star. DO NOT LIKE.

I also don't really care for the packaging that the tama-go's are in, or the tama go figures. It's a lot better than the thick plastic, but I hate that you have to peel it off the cardboard backing. I always try to open it and end up getting the backing paper still stuck to the plastic holding it. I have to then poke holes in the torn cardboard backing to get the plastic to give way. It's a pain in the butt!

I have to say the P1 and P2 boxes are my favorite. They have the cute little open close window to view the tama inside. I like how they're inside an easy to open box, neatly presented, and it's a cute box.

I HATE HATE HATE the thick plastic packaging that the v1-v6's came in. I am always eager to open my tama in the car, instantly after purchasing it, and I do NOT like to try to rip open that thick plastic. It's sharp, it cuts my fingers, and it hurts my teeth when I try to rip it open. I ruined a pair of nail clippers trying to open my music star. DO NOT LIKE.

I also don't really care for the packaging that the tama-go's are in, or the tama go figures. It's a lot better than the thick plastic, but I hate that you have to peel it off the cardboard backing. I always try to open it and end up getting the backing paper still stuck to the plastic holding it. I have to then poke holes in the torn cardboard backing to get the plastic to give way. It's a pain in the butt!
I agree! I really dislike the V1 - V6 packaging. They're really irritating. = A =;;

I absolutely love the Japanese packaging. <333

I love how you could reuse the packaging even after the Tamagotchi has been opened. n__n

I love tha famitama package, the TMGC+C and the Tamago-Chu boxes. They're cool. European and US versions of the new tama aren't really collectible, i hate that dangerous plastic :(

I actually enjoy the Tama-Go packaging, it's a nice refresh from the Connection plastic packages. Although I wish the Tama-Go packaging was easier to open....but the colors and artwork are cute and the little character summaries are fun as well.

The TMGO packaging is actually not too bad. There is a way to open it relatively neatly but you'd have to have some sort of X-Acto knife, wedge it carefully in between the plastic and cardboard and just "saw" underneath the plastic molding until it comes apart from the cardboard. Erica (love her videos) does it

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png for her Tamagotchi Ocean, which is similarly-packaged.

The original packaging for P1&2 is by far my favorite. It's got an exciting little window that shows the product inside which isn't visible until you open the door, it's easy to open and save for later to store your tamagotchis in, and now it has a big retro appeal that reminds me of when I was younger.

Second in my heart are the packages such as Morino comes in. It may not be a fancy window-box, but it's pretty easy to save for tama-storage. The back of the box is cardboard, and the plastic that holds the tamagotchi in place slides on and off. Plus it's got that crazy tamagotchi art that I love, moreso than the P1&2 boxes.

I like the Tama-go box pretty well (especially in terms of aesthetics), but once you open it, there's no easy way to store it in the box again besides tape. I think that for a toy like Tamagotchi, that's important. For a lot of products, the box may be forgettable, but with a collector's item like this, that's a different story.

My least favorite are those awful plastic packages, like the Music Star has. It was definitely not intended to be saved to hold its original product! Plus, as others have said, the edges can be dangerous for unsuspecting openers, both kid and adult! :p

All-in-all, not only does the package have to look appealing to sell the product, but you have to consider when someone might want to keep the box to store its contents in when they aren't in use.

My favourite would have to be the P1/P2 and then the TMGC+C. I like the box shape and the presentation of the Tamagotchi. I like the interactivity of the P1/P2 packaging, the simple folding cover that presents the Tamagotchi almost as a gift - and everyone loves to receive gifts!

I enjoy the TMGC+C packaging because of color and simplicity. Most versions of Tamagotchis share the same packaging, but the designs differ. This is where I think the TMGC+C was unique as it was designed entirely around the color of the Tama itself. .
I second this. also the fact that the TMGC color was super easy to get into and access. Also love the fact that the box is perfectly intact once the tama is removed No scissors were needed it was all around perfect. No evil plastic that destroys my hands when i open it or how the case is barely even saveable.

If consciously used, a lot of Tamagotchi packaging can be used again once you've finished playing with your Tama - makes for good storage while you play another.

it's possible, but still very difficult. I managed to cut one of my music star boxes just right so it didn't take too much damage (except at the top)

Picture103.jpg
Picture104.jpg

Picture105.jpg

Osu Mesu, something about it is just simple yet so cool that or tamaOtch with the sunrise

I personally like most of the connection packaging. Even though the packaging was a hassle I mastered opening them with an Excacto-Knife. So I only cut around the edges of the back and create a little flap that makes it easier and less hurtful to open.

v6. unlike in v7, it's straigh. v7 is folded. (i mean the tamagotchi part.. @ rigth when u look at the back, its curvy)

I really like the tamawalkie packaging its so colorful and i love the designs. The P1 packaging is also quite kool because its a box and very easy to open.

Sakura-san123

i like the tama-go packaging. With it's fun little Velcro flap thing. I wish i didn't throw mine out! haha then again my bf would just complain if it was sitting around here in our room. I really like the japanese tamagotchi packaging. Especially on the new ones. I'm very envious of the people who are lucky enough to be able to get them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back