The Academy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Reaction score
You have had a special power from the time you were born, and others have always bullied you for it. One day, you receive a fancy, wrinkled letter. You open the envelope, and read the following:

Welcome to The Academy. This is an exclusive, prestigious school where only special kids from the ages of 12-18 who hold special powers within can attend. You have been admitted into The Academy, to take classes and you will live in the dorms on campus, which is located in the fine New York City, hidden to regular human sight and in a mysterious void that was created by the founder of the school. You may go off-campus when classes are not being held. Any other off-campus activity during school hours is illegal. The campus of The Academy includes three dorm houses, a cafeteria, the three main buildings where all classes are held, and finally, the administrative building; as well as the stretch of forest for animal studies, as well as practicing use of powers. Please keep in mind that you CANNOT use powers on other individuals attending the The Academy. If you do, you will be expelled, and will be stripped of the rights to continue attending The Academy. Please come to the school on..

You decide to go, seeing as it's an excuse to get away from dreary home, and the bullies. Now, what will happen..?

RULES:

I MUST APPROVE YOUR FORM BEFORE YOU START RP.

No powerplaying!

No Mary Sues or Gary Stu's (AKA Perfect characters)

No flaming wars.

If you want to show a picture for appearance, then PLEASE LINK IT. I don't want to see pictures stretching across the screen.

LITERACY. PLEASE. I BEG OF YOU. 4 sentence minimum, all posts must appear to be a paragraph.

Follow all forum rules

FOLLOWING POWERS ARE BANNED FROM THE RP:

Summoning (Since you can summon anything, and that can be a problem)

All Elements (You can only have one element for a power, you can't have fire, earth, water, and all other elements. PICK ONE).

All Weather (See what I wrote for elements)

Love (This is way too Sueish for me to want it. No, all characters can not fall in love with your character)

BREAKING RULES:

1st time: Warning

2nd time: Warning, possible report

3rd time: Report, banned from RP

FORM:

Name:

Power:

Appearance:

Personality:

Quick, Brief History:

Crush:

Other:

Me post mine later : P

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Darius

Power: Ice

Appearance: A medium sized(as in weight) young boy who has tiny spots on his face, almost like freckles. He has dry skin from not using lotion and is very short for his age, like 4'10".

Personality: A kind, hard-headed boy who always is getting into trouble for no reason. He is pretty much a nice guy unless you get on his nerves.

Quick, Brief History: Darius has had a horrible life. Living with his uncaring parents and his town's scariest bully, brother. He has been living in the dumps for his whole life.

Crush: Meh. Doesn't really like love.

Other: Has some motto's: "Love is for suckers." "Life will be better..." and "Why do anything when you can relax?"

OOC: This could be like HP! We could have this year 1 or something~! Just saying.

(Nah, since this isn't really based on HP as much as it's based on Gakuen Alice... And your form has been approved, but I'm really sorry.. D: I made the mistake of forgetting to put age in the form, so can you go back and add it? Really sorry, forgot to add it D: )

(Just remember to add the age and we can start, and if we keep this literate enough, people should join, since literate human RP's attract people, random but I noticed that)

Name: Derek Svenson

Power: Super Speed, can run light speed

Appearance: A typical high school guy, with regular physique and a height of 5'8; pretty muscular however due to his involvement in sports. He has green eyes, and his haircut is similar to that of Rusty Ryan from the Ocean's Trilogy. He has a slight tan, and normally wears a athletic t-shirt, jeans and running shoes.

Personality: A cool, intelligent jock who is actually kind to everybody; the perfect leader type. Despite this, he still has his faults: Can be a bit rude at times, and he can be pretty unstoppable if he gets angry; the last time it happened, he almost got suspended from his high school for a week.

Quick, Brief History: Derek's parents died when he was young, so he lived with his rich older brother and his older brother's wife for most of his life. He grew up a bit differently because of that; despite this, he still came out to be a pretty good guy. He had his slummy parts around age 12 when he began to feel doubtful about life. He got over that and by 14, became the Derek he is today.

Crush: Maybe later

Other: Participates in track, cross country, soccer and tennis.

Name: Sarah

Power: Psychic

Appearance: She is tall for her age and her skin has a faint blue tint. She has waist-long brown hair with a blue streak. She often wears blue or black clothing, she prefers to wear a t-shirt and skinny jeans.

Personality: Shy, bold, naïve.

Quick, Brief History: She was a good student at her school and was a favorite of the teachers, due to the fact she was able to tell if someone was lying, she was never popular with others.

Crush: --

Other: She has a habit of collecting items of value. Her motto is; "Don't try lying, becouse I can tell.". She likes reading and playing netball. She hasn't mastered her powers yet.

Darius was tired. It was hard living with his brother. He never let him sleep and never gave him enough food. Darius only slept when his brother wasn't around. He had a set time and wake-up. Every day his brother would scold him for sleeping. Darius heard the door and got out of bed immediately. He was scared of his brother. He was the reason he had nightmares and had tiny patches of blood on him. When he went to school, he had help from friends and had classes with the Special ED kids sometimes. When his brother gt home, it meant trouble.

OOC: Good? Also, on other Darius like drawing Manga and cartoons.

Sarah wakes up, she sometimes questioned her powers. People hated her, and she could tell "Snob." they always thought. "Well at least I have the netball team!" she thought. She was respected by the other netballers, she was always on goal keep and their team always won.

Name: Zack Hadies

Power: Teleconises

Appearance: Quite short for his age, Dark Brown hair and Green eyes

Personality: Shy when talking to others so likes to be alone but with close friends he is very social. When around girls he likes he startes to mumble and sweat. He is very competitive and when competing against girls he hates to lose

Quick, Brief History: He lives with his Older brother and sister in a runned down house, very poor but has been teased when bad thing happen because of powers

Crush: None... Yet

Other: Has not mastered his powers

Edit:Sorry about not enough personality hope this edit is ok and if it is not i will fix it againg:

Sarah wakes up, she sometimes questioned her powers. People hated her, and she could tell "Snob." they always thought. "Well at least I have the netball team!" she thought. She was respected by the other netballers, she was always on goal keep and their team always won.
Aquangel, you broke a rule.. You aren't allowed to start Rping until I okay your form, which needs a little more in the personality part and also, a little more specific with the powers; psychic is a little broad, since psychic can mean telekinesis, teleporting.. All that stuff.

And mudkipchi, please go back and add a little more to your personality as well.

Name: Imogen Miller

Power: The ability to transform at will into a black cat (Tries turning into a tiger, fails)

Appearance: Long, dark hair; Rather short compared to the other 'Normal' people; amber eyes; very light (er..about 34kgs); pale skin

Personality: A bit Feisty, Naïve, and Rude. But also Fair, Generous and Loyal

Quick, Brief History: Was scratched by family cat shortly after birth. Was teased, bullied, but most of the time she would get even and attack the offender as a cat. Stayed no more than two years at the same school, due to the fact that she was feared/bullied because of what she was

Crush: None...at least not yet.

Other: Hates the sunlight so she stays away from it. She likes having odd collections of cat whiskers, feathers, coins, scarves knitted by her own cat hair. She likes to do gymnastics because she has excellent balance and flexibility. Also has a habit of chewing/sucking on her hair.

(I'll try and stay in this as long as possible without trailing off or quitting)

Edit: Yay I'm accepted!

Name: Luz Rasim

Power: Energy manipulation. Currently he can only create force fields and small simple objects (such as cubes or spheres). At advanced levels he should be able to convert one form of energy to another as well as shoot of blasts of pure energy from his body.

Appearance: In short: Like a girl. He has a rather feminine build to begin with, and he does tend to cross dress. He is about 5'2" and weighs about 103lbs. (157.48cm and 46.7kgs if I converted properly) His skin is very pale due to albinism, also making his hair pure white and his pale blue eyes appear pink or red depending on the lighting. His hair is as silky as it looks and is down to his mid-back.

Personality: He is really into art and fashion. Loves to draw, almost always seen with a messenger bag filled with art supplies (his sketchbooks, various kinda of pens, pencils, stencils, rulers and the like). He wishes to be a tailor or a graphic designer when he gets older. Upbeat and kind, he is always willing to help someone out. He doesn't like people to see him sad, so even if something horrible happens, he still will try and fake a smile. He honestly doesn't care if someone thinks he is a girl or a guy, and will respond either way, often causing confusion. He will tell you that is a guy if you ask, though. He is also very open about his sexuality, and he is pansexual in case you are wondering.

Quick, Brief History: Everyone else in his family always had some sort of power, usually something similar, and for the longest time they kept it secret from the outside world. Unfortunately, his family's company started to fail and they could no longer afford to home school all of their children, so the youngest children had to go off to a public school. Luz has always been a bit different. He never had any problems with his sister's antics of giving him "makeovers" and dressing him up in pretty dresses. It's no wonder why he always found girl's clothing to be more comfortable. He was always teased for one reason or another, but always wore a smile regardless.

Crush: None. (It's kinda silly to have this on the form isn't it?)

Other: I'm all out of ideas. If I think of anything I'll edit this.

Name: Lyla Furling

Power: Invisibility..though she hardly uses it.

Appearance: Lyla has the potential to be a very attractive girl...but unfortunately she doesn't take care of herself in such a way. She has long curly blonde hair that is dull and relatively untaken care of. Her eyes are large and a light shade of blue, they have large purple shadows under neith them; indicating little sleep. She is tall for her age (around six feet) and because of this she appears to be sickly skinny. Her skin is ashy and hollow, she sometimes resembles a zombie more than a human being.

Personality: Lyla is a quiet girl, but she isn't really shy. Lyla prefers to keep to herself, naturally, but when spoken to she doesn't flinch away. She is inteligent, but only with literature...every other subject in school she is a bit fuzzy on. It would be cool if she didn't care what other people thought about her...but that is the complete opposite. Due to her seemingly disgusting disposition, she has been the subject of alot of jokes.

Quick, Brief History: Lyla has a very boring past. She was pushed around a bit by other kids, but other than that nothing horribly tragic has happened to her. Her family was upper middle class, and they gave her almost anything she really wanted. Eventually she dropped out of school and got required credits from online classes.

Crush: Nope.

Other: Eh..no

Accepted! K, we can start Rping now, I think we have enough members now :3

Derek walked into the first class of the day; Ability Practice. This was probably one of the best classes of the day, since this class was really just a giant powers play time. He looked around the large, gymlike room and observed the kids practicing powers before he sat down and leaned back. He couldn't help but wish he had powers like fire or telepathy, since he would be able to do the cool stuff most of the others did. But since he was left with speed, he couldn't do much other than race other people. Back at home, he was always bored since whenever he raced somebody, they would beat him. He decided to try his best not to use his power.

Name: Huyana Canidae. She likes being called 'Canis' but is fine with Huyana.

Power: Lycanthropy [she can turn into a wolf for about a limited time depending on how much energy she has. If she needs to she can turn back whenever she wishes but she prefers to let it wear off on its own.]. She rarely uses her power unless she is in grave danger and must escape.

Appearance: Huyana is five feet tall, her skin always looks deathly pale and she is rather skinny. She has a slouching posture most of the time and this is why many people think she is an emo [she isn't]. She loves wearing red/black striped arm-gloves. She always wears a shirt that is either black, gray or red and often wears baggy jeans. She has black hair that almost reaches her shoulders, and her bangs [which are dyed purple to her preferal] almost cover her eyes. She loves chewing/sucking on her hair and does constantly. She has gray, watery eyes and has constant bags beneath them. Her face is triangular and always looks blank.

Personality: She can never keep up a conversation; she has an extremely quiet voice. She is not exactly smart but not exactly dumb; she is however perfect at writing and can draw practically anything. She has Asperger syndrome, and this classifies her as 'r*tarded' by other children. She never takes jokes seriously. She has double personalities; sometimes she can be sweet and caring and sometimes she can be rather rude/mean.

Quick, Brief History: Huyana was mistreated as a child and still is. Her parents were hoping for a boy, and when they discovered their baby was a girl they hated her ever since. They hit her constantly and this may be the base of her Asperger syndrome. She has never liked her family and relied more on friends than her own mother and father. Was/Is often bullied [just think about her name]. As a result does not trust anyone other than extremely true friends.

Crush: Huyana does not have a real crush but has a fictional one.

Other: N/A

*Crosses fingers for possible acceptance*

Darius's bro was home on he coward under his covers feeling pain and fear. He hoped his brother would not find him. He always found him and beat him down. His life was life Pro Wrestling. Nothing but, smack-downs and girls acting stupid and falling for him. Darius was tired of his brother, but did nothing about it. He decided to today was finally the day.

Lyla almost tripped over herself on her way to class. She was late. It was her first day...and she was late. She awkwardly peered into class rooms, looking for the correct one. A few teachers were gracious enough to give her direction. Lyla threw her filthy hair over her shoulder as it brushed against her neck irritatingly. She held a wrinkled piece of paper close to her face; reading the small text. She had no idea what Ability Practice was, or even where it was held. Flustered, she continued her lagging speedwalk down the hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back