How to Plan a Story

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Nightpelt~Togetchi:.

Reaction score
You will Need:

•  
  • A pen
  • Vivids or Felt tips (optional)
  • Lots of A3 paper (my social studies teacher makes her classes plan assignments on A3 paper with vivids)
    or
    A large notebook
    or
    Pad paper that is put into a binder
  • A dictionary
  • A thesaurus
  • an idea
  • imagination

Intro:

Some people don't plan their stories and just begin writing while they have ideas leaking out of their head, so many ideas you couldn't sleep (Namely, me). Here is a guide that will help you plan/write the story and prevent writers block. If you do finish a story, you can publish it. But if you don't want to publish it, that's fine... :)

1. Write down what Genre the story will be in your notebook/binder/paper. Will it be a sad story? Is it a fantasy, romance or horror story? etc.

2. Form a basic idea of what the story will be like in your mind.

3. Think of what characters you will need for this story.

4. Find names for the characters (use Goggle-face's idea for the naming system, its in there somewhere!) Make sure the names aren't too similar, because this could cause confusion.

if you want to create an unusual name. Create two lists of names of fruit/animals/plants.

i.e.

Silver

Echo

Stone

song

river

sky

ever

rose

berry

nose

talon

tree

mouse

sparrow

iris

cloud

5. Choose names for all the charaacters and write down what they look like and what their personality would be like. So that you can see what the person is like (you wouldn't want a kind, sweet person become a violent murderer by accident). And if you can draw (or can be bothered!)you can draw what the main character looks like.

6. Write down the main points of the story in order

7. Create a rough outline of what would happen in every chapter.

8. Begin writing a draft. Try and avoid using Conjunction words (i.e. And, But, So, Because, etc.) in the beginning of a sentance. If your vocabulary isn't very good, try using the thesaurus. A thesaurus isn't a dinosaur, it is like a dictionary full of different words you could use instead of one word.

Whenever you have a sudden brinwave, write it down IMMEDIATELY in case you forget it and never nemeber it again.

9. Keep re-writing the story until you are satisfied with it.

Hope this Helps..... :D B) :ichigotchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back