Do you feel guilty unpacking tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hannah_stig

Reaction score
If I bought a new tamagotchi, I would feel bad about taking it out of the packaging because I'd feel as though I was damaging it, but also, I'd still want to try it out and play with it. Does anyone else feel like this?

Nope :D

If I buy a new tamagotchi it is to play with it and you have to take it out of the package to play with it!

(If you are careful removing the packaging you can keep it and use it to store the tama when you are not playing with it).

However, if I bought a new tamagotchi especially to keep as a 'collectible' item, then there would be no point in taking it out of the pack because that would only de-value it ;)

Well...it really wouldn't matter to me about the package too much unless it was a rare tamagotchi like a Yasashii or a Devilgotchi, but for those who want to keep the packaging, you could just be very meticulous about how you cut it open.

Sometimes. I call myself a 'collector' but I suppose in the truest sense of the word, I'm not because I mostly buy to play. I would make a few exceptions though. For example, if I ever were to acquire one of those limited-edition golden V3s in-package (only 2500 were made), I'd keep it in package. I'd definitely feel bad about opening that up. I have a thing for boxes though, even after opening them up, and so I will go out of my way to preserve packaging (yes, even the evil modern American ones that will cut you even if you're not careful) so that I can store the Tamagotchi if I'm not playing with it.

Hmm no...

Half the fun is taking it out the packaging! It's so pristine and pulling the tab out is always a bit of a "I have a shiny new toy @_@ moment" I get how you mean though, but as the others have said if it's not for collecting then they were made to be played with :)

I always want to keep the packaging, but my mom doesn't approve. She says that 10 Tamas is a big enough collection WITHOUT Having to add the packaging of it all. True, I now feel a little bit of sadness at the fact my iD L packaging was thrown out, since I HAVE wanted something like that for 2 whole years! But my TMGC+C packaging is in my Tama collection box, and I often put my TMGC+C in it for safekeeping...

I admire the packaging for about 3 seconds, and then I rip it out and you better get out of my way so I can find batteries and a screwdriver!!!! The packaging's usually in the trash by now, mostly 'cause except for the Tamago there hasn't been packaging that I really like. :)

Violetchilluvr3

For myself, it really depends on how I feel about the Tamagotchi. While I consider myself to be a Tamagotchi collector, I really enjoy playing with them as well! For example, I got my hands on a limited edition Gold V3 and there were only 2500 ever made; I also snatched up 4 European P1's mint in their packaging - naturally because of their rarity I won't play with them. However, just a few weeks ago I purchased two North American P1's that were the same color, both mint in box. I thought I may as well play with one if I keep the other in mint collector's condition. You can be your own best judge - perhaps you could look for Tama's without packaging to play with and collect the ones that include their packaging? Regardless, have fun!

I sorta feel bad I have one still in package... my 5th Music Star. (Green w/ Drums) I want to open it but I don't play with my ones out very much though. I don't know why I got another Music Star with them not being a favorite of mine....

I kinda wanted to leave my Angel in my package... Took it out. I still have the box part... As well as my other *Box Bandai pets... I did have to cut along the edges to fit in my storage. (Yet another Bandai toy, Precure toy box!) My American packages except one is gone in the trash due to the edges on those puppies.

I would feel guilty if i don't open it. I don't see the point buying a toy and then keeping it unpackaged. I mean, its purpose is to play with it! If I just want to look at it, I can look at pictures...

I would open even the most rare tama in the world. Its Better to play and damage it a little, than to never play it at all!

YES. becaus it looks good with it.

NO, because I bought it because of the tamagotchi, not the package. :) )))

MORE ON NO ;)

The only old ones I have that came in packaging are my Mothra and Genjitchi and I bought both of them to play with. I didn't go out of my way to demolish the packaging but I'm very concerned about it in general. It's nice that the cardboard slides out easy though because it makes it easy to store.

I don't have tamagotchis for collection sake. I have them to play with and to have fun. So no i've never felt like i was damaging a tamagotchi just by unpacking and playing with it. That's what they're for! :lol:

Also i would never pay a lot of money for a rare tama, but if i happened to come across a new unpackaged rare tama i would still play with it. :) i would be excited to have a chance to get something old and rare like it was new!

But hey if you like them for collection purposes that is cool too. :)

I agree with most of you guys. I don't keep tamas for collecting. If I ever found some rare tama,it would probably be a fake. :angry:

I don't usually buy older toys because of an Ebay phobia, but if I did I'd have no problem opening an old Tamagotchi. There are two reasons for this.

1) Tamagotchis are not action figures. To appreciate them you need to do more than look at them. You have to interact with them. There's no point in buying them if you aren't going to use them.

2) Tamagotchis left in the package don't have an unlimited shelf life. They come with batteries loaded and batteries leak and corrode over time. Ten years from now if not sooner there's a good chance that most if not all unopened original Tamas will be ruined if you don't take them out and remove the batteries. This is the same reason I don't get why people sell unopened FurReal Friends pets on Ebay. There's a very good chance someone could pay $100 for an unopened Squawkers Macaw parrot only to find out when they get it that the batteries have leaked out and ruined it. If it comes with batteries installed keeping something mint in box isn't really an option.

If I have a Devilgotchi or a P1 prototype or something new in package, yes I would feel bad. But if it's like a Tama-go or a Music Star, no. It depends if it's expensive or not. :3

I'm pretty much the same, if i buy a new tama, i usually open it. But i have just brought a new wave 2 pink tama-go and i still haven't opened it [Mainly because i haven't got the right batteries] When i got my Walkie i perserved the packaging for while, but then when i went off tamas my Dad threw the packaging out :angry: :angry: And I'm still not very happy about that... But anyway if you are wondering i will be opening my new tama-go next week coz that is when i am getting new batteries XD.

BTW if i ever got a really rare tama like a Devilgotchi i wouldn't take it out of it's packaging...

OK that's all

Sakura-san123 :) :)

I don't feel bad, but I do like to keep all my packages :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back