whats your favorite starter pokemon region?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whats your favorite starter pokemon region?

• Kanto

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Johto

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Unova

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skitty8

Reaction score
I know I probably wont get much replys but I still want to see what I do get! OK!

kanto by far. You can't beat the original trio. Every time a new region comes out i get excited about the new pokemon. Then i see them and think they're all atrocious. Then after a few months of getting used to them i really like them. However no pokemon have quite the same charm as the original 150.

after kanto they go in terms of favorites in the order they came out. The final evolutions kept getting worse and worse in the generations. Empoleon just can't compare to blastoise.

1. Kanto

2. Hoenn

3. Johto

4. Unova

5. Sinnoh

1. Kanto is my all-around favorite. These guys are the first 150. And you can't go wrong with that.

2. Hoenn was great, and when I got Emerald I couldn't stop playing it. I loved that you could make a secret base, dive, and do tricks on an Acro Bike [if you had one].

3. Johto was cool and I liked the original Silver and Gold. And to my surprise they made HG and SS, so it was practically awesome for me. The Pokemon in this region were cool but not as destructive as others'.

4. Unova was a good addition to the Pokemon family but some Pokemon were really not very good. Also, it was a bit too easy.

5. I did not really like Sinnoh. Yes, it spawned most of my favorite Pokemon [Lucario, Froslass, Empoleon...] but it got really boring for me. Around the fifth gym. And the Elite Four was so easy I went back a second time to beat them up again.

Yes, I do own all of the regions. I have FireRed, Emerald, SoulSilver, Black and Diamond/Platinum.

Definitely Johto. Heartgold was like my favorite pokemon game of the entire series, and I like how Johto has all teh' awesome cities like Goldenrod. Not to mention, how they have the Pokeathlon Dome.

Second would be Hoenn. I grew up with Hoenn, and it's probably the region I spent the most hours playing in. Only problem I got with Hoenn though is the fact that it's mostly ocean.

Hoenn hosts my most favorite starter, which has an internet meme! But I really liked it.

1. Hoenn: Pokemon Sapphire was one of the first games I've ever gotten, and it was awesome. The starters were adorable, and.... It was just spot on! :'D

2. Kanto: In my opinion, I think Pokemon LG was one of the most challenging games I've ever gotten, but it was really fun! Plus, it's a 1st gen game. :3

3. Unova: Pokemon Black was pretty nice. It wasn't much of a challenge for me, and the ending was sad.... AND SNIVY+STUNFISK FTW!!!!!!!

4. Johto: Me playing Pokemon SS was one of the most nostalgic things I've ever done. I had the original Silver game when I was in 2nd grade, but I never beat it and ended up loosing it forever. But I like how they addad a function where u could change the music to the original kind of soundtrack in this game. :>

5. Sinnoh: Besides the fact that Phione is awesome, Pokemon D/P/Pt was pretty bad. First, in D/P, u swam so slowly that u would get SUPER impatient and throw ur Ds out the window. Second, the Elite Four was so hard that I had to train my team to about lv. 65+ to beat it, which made me frustrated. :p

I have to say Kanto Because I love charizard :3

Johto. It feels very straight-forward and easy to understand. Plus I think the best Pokemon are in the Johto region. ;)

I posted in this but I wanted to rank, so...

1. Johto- Cuz of the Pokeathlon Dome.

2. Hoenn- My childhood fav.

3 Kanto- It's the cool, classic region I like. I loved the Sevii Islands from FR/LG. They were really cool. Seven Island, Six Island and Five Island woot! :D

4. Sinnoh- Was okay.

5. Unova- Is stupid and has ugly pokemon. No offense to those who love Unova.

1. Hoenn/Sinnoh

2. Kanto/Johto

4. Unova

1. Hard to decide, I love both, really. Basically I grew up with Hoenn, but I love Sinnoh too. I really liked the 4th generation and the games of it. It had an awesome atmosphere to me, something really deep. Also I really love the music from Pearl/Diamond/Platinum. As for Hoenn, it had amazing music too, atmosphere is something that I will never forget, and I love Pokemon from 3rd generation. I spend so much time playing games focused on Hoenn, that it really got stuck in my mind and I think... it beats Sinnoh and it is so far my favourite region ever. I hope they will make the remake of it, if yes, I am totally going to buy the game on the first day!

2. Another hard-to-decide. Some may think how I can not like Kanto, it is the first and all. Well... I hate some places in it and after beating the games with it 100 times it got really boring and basically when I see Kanto I want to puke. Also I didn't really like all the complications with going into millions of places just to get some items to progress through the story. It is not like that I love easy games or something, but... call me idiot or not, I still hate that tall tower in Saffron. The music in this region is average, nothing special to me, except few routes which are really nice. Some things about this region that I love, are for example glitch in the first versions (Missingno! I love it. ), atmosphere that sometimes appeals to me and well... there was a time I really liked that region.

As for Johto, I never really liked it and somehow I don't feel the bond with it. I always knew the maps for all regions from memory, in Johto somehow I was always feeling lost and never remembered what to do to progress through the story. It's just average. Music is average, everything is average and sometimes pretty boring. I don't really feel the atmosphere of that region. Also I didn't really love the pokemon from 2nd generation. Well, things I liked though are: Music from Violet/Olivine City (One of my favourite themes from Pokemon) and few other tracks, Pokeathlon introduced in HG/SS and that you can have 16 badges and the nice, challenging battle on the end.

3. Unova. Oh my, Unova. This is sadly just a fail region. It seems just too small and boring to me. And it's too modern. Everything is just... meh. I don't like it at all. Game gets boring as soon as you beat it. Who cares it has got cool graphics, it is missing that nice feeling in it. 5th generation Pokemon aren't that great again, maybe few of them seem okay, the rest is just weird or not-pokemon-alike. But one thing I really, really, really love about this region is... music and epic story. Yes, it got awesome plot and awesome music filled with epicness. Can't describe how amazing I felt listening to credits music. Wow.

Plus one thing, N is the first ever character from Pokemon that I really like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Hoenn but Kanto comes close, to. I just really like Torchic, Mudip and Treecko because they all seem like cool starters. :)

Its actualy pretty tough. Im definitly an old school fan bt i like hoenn since it has the only grass starter ive every considered picking. Gotta say kanto is the best tho, followed by jhoto. The classics always rock

I love all the Hoenn Pokemon! Except Sableye, I hate that little creature. I kinda wish he would go die in a pit of lava. (Just kidding). But I do have alot of favorites other than Hoenn, such as Turtwig, Snivy, Vanillite, Bulbasaur, Growlithe, and Eevee. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back