Tamagotchi iD L Files

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuranboy

Reaction score
I cannot find anything on the internet that provides downloads for different files that I can send to my iD L. I wanted to create my own wallpapers originally, but the process was way too complicated and confusing for me. So I want to beam over pre-made wallpapers to my iD L (I also want to beam over games and foods.) Could someone please provide a link to the iD L files currently available for use?

So far we don't have any iD L download files, however certain iD download files work. Wallpapers, toys, and food from the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus will work. Here's a link for a .zip file containing many types of downloads from the Home Tamagotchi Station Plus: https://depositfiles.com/files/sk521hnq2 The ones in these folders should work on the Tamagotchi-iD L: Restaurant, TamaCafe, TamaDepa, and Gotchi Interior.

So here's what I did for the rar files. You need some sort of program to extract rar files on Windows. From my understanding, a rar file is pretty much like a zip file, it just needs a different kind of software to open them up. I Googled "WinRar download" and clicked on the very first web page it gave me (THIS one). Then I downloaded the program. When you save a rar file to your computer, right-click the file, a menu should appear, and you should see an option that says "7-Zip" which is the name of the extraction program you just downloaded. Click on "extract" and it should give you an option to extract the files wherever you'd like. I hope this isn't too confusing. Let us know how it turns out!

So here's what I did for the rar files. You need some sort of program to extract rar files on Windows. From my understanding, a rar file is pretty much like a zip file, it just needs a different kind of software to open them up. I Googled "WinRar download" and clicked on the very first web page it gave me (THIS one). Then I downloaded the program. When you save a rar file to your computer, right-click the file, a menu should appear, and you should see an option that says "7-Zip" which is the name of the extraction program you just downloaded. Click on "extract" and it should give you an option to extract the files wherever you'd like. I hope this isn't too confusing. Let us know how it turns out!
Thanks! I know have a folder containing all of the files. They're ready to be sent to my iD-L (If I can get my USB IR Adapter to work again :D )

Thanks! I know have a folder containing all of the files. They're ready to be sent to my iD-L (If I can get my USB IR Adapter to work again :D )
I've noticed that you're having difficulties quite often with your USB IR adapter so might I make a suggestion? I know how temperamental the USB IR adapters can be. Why not go for a phone with IR? I originally thought that I would have to pay a fortune for one. There are some really cheap phones on Ebay though. I got mine for less than $10 with all the accessories and cables included and it works like a charm. All I need to do is plug the data cable for the phone into my computer, send the file to my phone, and then beam the file directly to the Tamagotchi.

Here is the link to the auction I won. I managed to get it for under $10 with shipping included because I had some Ebay bucks that I earned from previous purchases. So, it can be done. :) On that note, I'm not sure if you're seeing what I'm seeing, but...

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

The last two include data cables so that you can hook the phone up to your computer. You can always find cheap cables or chargers separately on Ebay if they don't come included. A lot of the auctions end soon so you don't even have to wait ages to get one for a good deal, no matter when you search. The ones I listed above are just the Palm Treos (the kind of phone I got) and that's not even the whole list (I don't want to take up too much space here and I think you get the idea ;) ). There's plenty more that you can choose from; you don't have to get a Palm Treo. I'm sure you've seen the list of compatible cell phones? Just take your pick, enter the name of the phone into the Ebay search box, go to the side panel and make sure you click on "Cell Phones and Smart Phones" so that all the accessories/screen protectors/chargers/etc. are weeded out and only the phones are listed, sort by prices from low to high and voilà! Before you buy, always make sure to look up a user guide for the phone you're looking to buy to double-check that it has IR (if it isn't already mentioned in the Ebay listing). Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the links! I bid on the fourth one since it's ending soonest and no one else has bid on it yet. I'm just frustrated that I practically wasted 24 bucks on a stupid USB Adapter...ugh :angry:

I didn't win it, but I think I've found an even better one to bid on here.

What do you think? I looked up its instruction manual, and it does have an infrared port to beam files over to other devices.

Oh, and I've decided to return my USB Adapter to Amazon.com and get a refund :)

I'm having trouble downloading stuff too. I can't download anything to my computer without my dad and anyway I wouldn't be allowed (80% sure I wouldn't be) and I am DEFINITELY DEFINITELY not allowed any type of phone, no matter what the price is. There any other way of downloading stuff to an iD L? Or, if not, any tips on convincing strict parents to be allowed to do it?

A cell phone is by far the easiest way.

If one of your parents has a compatible cell phone, perhaps you could purchase a memory card for it (what ever it takes - micro SD, Sony Memory Stick Duo, etc.) and a memory card adapter so that you can also connect that memory card to your computer. That way you don't have to use the phone's internal memory to store the downloads.

Alternatively check out used phones from ebay. I purchased a used one on the compatibility list for $25. The account for the phone had been cancelled, so I can't use the phone to call anyone, but I can use it to transfer download files onto my Tamagotchi-iD L. (I can also use the phone as a camera.)

A cell phone is by far the easiest way.

If one of your parents has a compatible cell phone, perhaps you could purchase a memory card for it (what ever it takes - micro SD, Sony Memory Stick Duo, etc.) and a memory card adapter so that you can also connect that memory card to your computer. That way you don't have to use the phone's internal memory to store the downloads.

Alternatively check out used phones from ebay. I purchased a used one on the compatibility list for $25. The account for the phone had been cancelled, so I can't use the phone to call anyone, but I can use it to transfer download files onto my Tamagotchi-iD L. (I can also use the phone as a camera.)
Neither of them does :( . Also they wouldn't want to "waste" as much as £25 on a "little toy" such as a Tamagotchi. My mom was like "but you can't buy a phone just for THAT!" and "surely you can do without them!". The furthest I've gotten so far is my dad ordering a USB IRDA adapter, which will detect the Tama but when I try to sendd the downloads my Tama either refuses the download (why?) or my computer says "the requested address is not valid in its context".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back