Photo
- - - - -

Nooks/Kindles/Other eReaders

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:35 AM ( #18 )

I don't have an e-reader. Probably due in part to the fact that I do voluntary work in an Oxfam Bookshop - and I just love browsing bookshelves and turning real pages of real books.

I also like reading on the beach and in the bath - e-readers just don't really mix well with sand and water (alledgedly) :P

paislypuppy

• paislypuppy user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:41 PM ( #19 )

I do not now, nor will I ever own an eReader. Reason 1: I enjoy the turning the pages of a real book, much like TamaMum said. Reason 2: I blame this whole eReader craze for putting Borders out of business. It was my favorite book store and now it's gonna close for good. There's no other good book store near where I live, and the closest one is a Barnes & Noble not only inconveniently far away, but it doesn't have as good of a selection as Borders. The only reason they're not the ones out of business is because of the nook, so I blame them mostly. 3: No, I don't want an iPad, iPhone, or iTouch either. I think they're waay overrated. Think about what they really are. A phone that plays music, with a touch screen. A lot of phones can do that. Apps, which other phones also have. Sure there are more on the iPhone, but all they're just cheap games that provide entertainment on a very low level.

My suggestion to the world: Read some real books. Don't give Apple all your money, it's not all its cracked up to be.

RawryCakes.x

• rawrycakesx user photo

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:31 PM ( #20 )

I don't read much, but I absolutely cannot read a book unless I have a physical copy of the book in my hands. I just feel really uncomfortable reading off a screen. And it's bad for my eyes to stare at a screen for long periods of time.

paislypuppy

• paislypuppy user photo

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:45 AM ( #21 )

I don't read much, but I absolutely cannot read a book unless I have a physical copy of the book in my hands. I just feel really uncomfortable reading off a screen. And it's bad for my eyes to stare at a screen for long periods of time.

I don't mind reading off a screen, for example reading articles on the computer, however to really enjoy a book, i need to actually be able to turn the pages and have the physical book in my hands. Especially with manga, it's just not the same reading it online. I guess I don't read much else anyway though, lol. I really should read more though...

SugaryGoesRAWR

• sugarygoesrawr user photo

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:55 PM ( #22 )

Not yet..
Mum's thinking of buying me one for christmas, and I am an avid reader (:

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:31 PM ( #23 )

So... Curious...

Anyone with a Nook (Color perferb...) or a Kindle... With Wi-Fi. Can you "Browse" the internet... Like be on Tamatalk with it without any issues? I'm thinking of investing in one, but I'm not sure if the Wi-Fi is the seller or if its the ease of getting books. Otherwise, I think I want to get a phone I know I can browse and read on...

I have been looking... Got my answers... On Ebay... Random eh? I also looked at Amazon and B&N online... But I'm not sure what I prefer... I'm leaning towards a Kindle, Fire... It seems to get my attention better.

Edited by SailorRosette, 16 November 2011 - 07:15 PM.

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:54 AM ( #24 )

Kindles have a better memory than Nooks, and the shape is more like a book IMO.
I love my Kindle so much... I read a lot, so not having to drive to B&N every weekend is sooo much better. Plus, the books are way cheaper than in real life, and my Kindle is so thin it's almsot inconvenient NOT to carry it around. ;D
I love my Kindle so much! Not to mention if you're an unpublished writer they might publish your stuff. :D

It`s Teri

• its-teri user photo

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:15 PM ( #25 )

I got an eBook reader for Christmas. Not sure what kind, but I like it. It's design is Glee. It didn't have any brand on the box, all it said was "Glee eBook Reader"

Mallow_cup

• mallow-cup user photo

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:20 AM ( #26 )

I have a kindle keyboard and I love it. I also purchased one for my father who is addicted to it too. The man reason I love it is because I can hold it in one hand without having to physically turn the page because my hands ALWAYS seem to go numb holding a book open. I also own a HP Touchpad which I LOVE. Its absolutely wonderful and I loaded it with Android and I paid $99. Eat your hearts out Ipad lovers.

CheesyNoodleTama

• cheesynoodletama user photo

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:57 PM ( #27 )

We have a regular old nook that's black and white. It was annoying because the color one came out like A WEEK AFTER WE GOT IT!!!! I still like it though. I don't use it all the time, and I still read regular books.... the only times I use it is when there's a book that I can't find anywhere except as an e-book or if I want to kill myself with a game of sudoku. :blink: