Photo
- - - - -

Nooks/Kindles/Other eReaders

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

paislypuppy

• paislypuppy user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:45 AM ( #21 )

I don't read much, but I absolutely cannot read a book unless I have a physical copy of the book in my hands. I just feel really uncomfortable reading off a screen. And it's bad for my eyes to stare at a screen for long periods of time.

I don't mind reading off a screen, for example reading articles on the computer, however to really enjoy a book, i need to actually be able to turn the pages and have the physical book in my hands. Especially with manga, it's just not the same reading it online. I guess I don't read much else anyway though, lol. I really should read more though...

SugaryGoesRAWR

• sugarygoesrawr user photo

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:55 PM ( #22 )

Not yet..
Mum's thinking of buying me one for christmas, and I am an avid reader (:

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:31 PM ( #23 )

So... Curious...

Anyone with a Nook (Color perferb...) or a Kindle... With Wi-Fi. Can you "Browse" the internet... Like be on Tamatalk with it without any issues? I'm thinking of investing in one, but I'm not sure if the Wi-Fi is the seller or if its the ease of getting books. Otherwise, I think I want to get a phone I know I can browse and read on...

I have been looking... Got my answers... On Ebay... Random eh? I also looked at Amazon and B&N online... But I'm not sure what I prefer... I'm leaning towards a Kindle, Fire... It seems to get my attention better.

Edited by SailorRosette, 16 November 2011 - 07:15 PM.

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:54 AM ( #24 )

Kindles have a better memory than Nooks, and the shape is more like a book IMO.
I love my Kindle so much... I read a lot, so not having to drive to B&N every weekend is sooo much better. Plus, the books are way cheaper than in real life, and my Kindle is so thin it's almsot inconvenient NOT to carry it around. ;D
I love my Kindle so much! Not to mention if you're an unpublished writer they might publish your stuff. :D

It`s Teri

• its-teri user photo

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:15 PM ( #25 )

I got an eBook reader for Christmas. Not sure what kind, but I like it. It's design is Glee. It didn't have any brand on the box, all it said was "Glee eBook Reader"

Mallow_cup

• mallow-cup user photo

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:20 AM ( #26 )

I have a kindle keyboard and I love it. I also purchased one for my father who is addicted to it too. The man reason I love it is because I can hold it in one hand without having to physically turn the page because my hands ALWAYS seem to go numb holding a book open. I also own a HP Touchpad which I LOVE. Its absolutely wonderful and I loaded it with Android and I paid $99. Eat your hearts out Ipad lovers.

CheesyNoodleTama

• cheesynoodletama user photo

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:57 PM ( #27 )

We have a regular old nook that's black and white. It was annoying because the color one came out like A WEEK AFTER WE GOT IT!!!! I still like it though. I don't use it all the time, and I still read regular books.... the only times I use it is when there's a book that I can't find anywhere except as an e-book or if I want to kill myself with a game of sudoku. :blink: