Tama Beds :)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violetchilluvr3

Reaction score
Hiiiii! :)

There used to be all these topics about making Tama beds and stuff, and I wanted to bring that back. So, I saw this somewhere, but just thought I'd bring it back. Basically, this is how you go from this:

11v35gg.jpg
to this
14wrklu.jpg

Supplies:

1 small box (for the base)

1 piece of felt (for the carpet)

1 piece of fabric (for wallpaper)

5 cottonballs (for beds) (if the room is for more than one tama, then you need 10, 15, ect.)

More felt, clay, paper, pens, paint, ect. (optional) (for decorations)

Glue (for... glue...)

Ok, so the first thing you do is take the small box and the fabric, and measure out strips of the same size as the walls. Cut them out, and glue them on the wall so it looks like this:

2zqvr7o.jpg
2ephe9s.jpg

Then take the felt and cut out a square (rectangle, circle, ect.) as the same size of the bottom of the box.

2zqvr7o.jpg

Glue it in.

Find the cottonballs, group them in groups of 5, so they look like this:

oadf08.jpg
ip3z2h.jpg

(That's TWO beds), and that's how your Tamas sleep in them

The way you glue them is one dot on the bottom, on the felt, and one drop on the sides of the cottonball that touches the other ones. So, a maximum of five drops per cottonball.

Basically, you're done, but if you want to do more, here's how! :)

Sculpture: Take clay, and shape it into what you want, and if it says to, bake it.

Painting: cut a tiny piece of paper, paint or draw a design, and tape it to the wallpaper

Rug: Take two pieces of felt, cut one bigger than the other, one smaller, glue them together, and then glue ricrac around it.

2iu5ct1.jpg

That's all the ideas I have for now, feel free to post more! :)

Oops. When I was talking about the fabric, I had a picture with the wallpaper and the carpet in, but I posted the wrong one. It won't let me edit the post anymore. Sorry. xD

@Lovelin<patrl>: Thanks. Super easy, it only took me like an hour. Give it a try! :)

That looks super awesome! The wallpaper's pretty cute. :)

Love the stickers on your Tamago ;)

Wow, Cool idea, I'll be doing that one day soon. When I actually have time.

I came up with another idea...

So, when you have the cottonball beds, you could probably put toothpicks (or something more sturdy, maybe) on the corners of the beds, and then tul (sp?? The netted fabric that goes under skirts and dresses and stuff...) on top of them to make a canopy bed! Like this...

2hwo1w5.png

Hahaha that's a super bad example but you get the idea, right? xD

I made my Tamas one, except I had a plain, flat circular cardboard base and I stuck mirrors, facing inwards, all around that to make a wall. Then a made a green glitter sprial in the middle of the cardboard base. Then I put in the cotton wool. So now my Tamas have a room where they can see themselved reflected in every mirror!

My mom is really keen on me (and my 3-year-old sister, although she only just messes with beads and clay) doing craft, so one day she went out shopping and bought a whole load of craft supplies. I suddenly had an inspiration and started on a Tama Accessory Set. The mirrors were just something she bought from the craft shop; each is square-shaped and about 5cm X 5cm in size. I have 11 mirrors used for the wall, which means 11 reflections of my Tamas when I put them in, and each reflection at a different angle too! It only took about half an hour to make. I'm working on a huge intrustion set for Tama craft to post in the What's On Your Mind section of TamaTalk, so you'll be able to find the instructions for it in there soon.

That is actually quite nice,But not portable.The very first time I began to sew,In stead of doing what my teacher said,I sewed a pouch for my v4.I have it till this day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did this, but I have no wallpaper. I'll try and post pics soon. I might have some zebra print cloth to put on the walls......

I like this idea because if I'm ever traveling, I tend to lose stuff on the planes and I can assure that my tamas are safe in the box :)

When I was in grammar school (when tamas had just come out in 97') we used to make them little cozy beds sorta like that for them in our desks. We had the type of desks that held your books and supplies and were open facing the seat (not the type that open with a flip top). We used to empty out our pencil cases and used tissues to make them comfy beds to rest in while class was in session (and also as a way to "hide" them sort of since most schools at the time had banned them :< ).

This thread brings back sweet memories :D Cute Ideas guys! Mine just sleep in plain cradles I made them from Fimo.

I might go to Family Dollar and see if they have any cotton balls and glue sticks. (I'm a southpaw so I'm pretty bad with the bottled glue) And use a shoebox for my 4 tama-gos and my tamagotchi set. :) (When it arrives.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back