The Tamagotchi Spirit

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotchi Guy46

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do you think the Tamagotchi Spirit is still here? What I mean by this is, it seems that people are becoming uninterested in Tamagotchi's and a couple of my favourite loggers have stopped logging and/or closed their account. Nowadays I hardly see anyone with a tamagotchi, it's usually an iPod or a phone.

I wish the tamagotchi spirit would return, but you guys might have a different opinion to me...I still play with tamagotchi's and it is fun but it's just not how it used to be, like the good old times of the V2 and V3 and reading awesome logs and it seemed the loggers were having so much fun just talking about their tama.

What do you think?

I noticed that people back in '08 and '09 were very much more involved in tamagotchi, including myself. I was much younger back then though...

I also noticed that quite a few TamaTalk members really aren't actually into Tamagotchi.

Well when I was a kid... You didn't have one ... You were nuts. Now around me... People tell me I AM nuts because I DO have one... Puufft. They don't know what they are missing.

I know people who I could get into but they won't pay twice as much for a keychain that beeps and dies... not to mention the batteries. In 5 years, besides me, I found 1 other person with a Tamagotchi. That is SO rare.... I didn't have mine that day. Which I am a bit sad about... It was sitting paused on my bed because I figured there wasn't anybody with one. That and I didn't want to forget it or injure it.

i see what you mean they are just not as common anymore sort of sad to see. some of my friends started giving up tamas around when the v4s came out. i still have my tamas though.

(only one good thing came out of this : all the ex-tama lovers give me their tamas for free or a low price.)

i see what you mean they are just not as common anymore sort of sad to see. some of my friends started giving up tamas around when the v4s came out. i still have my tamas though.

(only one good thing came out of this : all the ex-tama lovers give me their tamas for free or a low price.)
I have friends that said if they happen to find thier tamas they'd give them to me... But most likely they are gone. But one can always hope. One of my friends said they are still looking for a Digimon Brick, An American Angelgotchi and a P1/P2 pink with swirls... But its been a year. eh.

But I'd much rather them play with them with me.... But if they are just going to sell them and whatever else... Well... I want them. Everyone I grew up with still knows me as "Girl with Tamagotchi" (Still, p2)

Unfortunately they don't seem to be as common as they once were. The Wal Mart I usually go to STILL hasn't gotten any TamaGos in. It's sad really.

Definitely fading. Nobody I know around me at school knows what a tamagotchi even is! The only people I know who still discuss tamas are the ones on this forum. Sad, huh?

None of the Walmarts around where I am have ANY Tamagotchi stuff, except those plastic-y/rubber casings with stickers and they're on clearance. ~sighs and shakes head~ I also believe that where I am, Tamagotchi started losing spirit back in 2005. At the beginning of that year, I had 2 friends that were into it as well as myself. Then, at the end of the year, I was the only one that owned one and would admit it. That was also the year I was called a baby for having one (I was 14 at the time).

I think it's sad that they're losing appeal, because they promote caring for something and raising it... Which is great for people that want pets but aren't sure if they can handle the responsibiltiy... Also might would be a good present to a child that wants a dog or cat and you want to teach them responsibilty without having to worry about taking care of a living thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that people back in '08 and '09 were very much more involved in tamagotchi, including myself. I was much younger back then though...

I also noticed that quite a few TamaTalk members really aren't actually into Tamagotchi.
I agree

I believe the spirit of Tamagotchi is still kicking around - but I think Bandai needs to refresh Tamagotchis into multiple lineups rather than marketing only to 6+ year old girls. Take Apple's iPod lineup - there's something for everyone and serves as a good example on how one similar product can relate to everyone. Perhaps this would regenerate the spirt of Tamagotchis into people's lives. There are many consumers who loved the oldschool simplicity of the Tamagotchis from the late 90's - while many love the interactivity of Tamagotchis like the ID L. I know it's a bit off-topic but I believe this could help keep the Tamagotchi product relevant in today's techy-gadget industry.

Hey guys,
Do you think the Tamagotchi Spirit is still here? What I mean by this is, it seems that people are becoming uninterested in Tamagotchi's and a couple of my favourite loggers have stopped logging and/or closed their account. Nowadays I hardly see anyone with a tamagotchi, it's usually an iPod or a phone.

I wish the tamagotchi spirit would return, but you guys might have a different opinion to me...I still play with tamagotchi's and it is fun but it's just not how it used to be, like the good old times of the V2 and V3 and reading awesome logs and it seemed the loggers were having so much fun just talking about their tama.

What do you think?
there have a spirit of tamagotchi's in philippines....

I think the spirit is still around, but just not with my generation.. more like, the people at least.. 16 and up.. the people my age.. (Although I'm not much younger than 16) don't have a clue what a Tamagotchi is, nor do they really care.. most people think they're childish. As I said in another topic, I was called a baby for playing one after school. I think sometimes that people are becoming too mature for their own good. Everyone should act like a kid sometimes, it's good for you. Just don't be like, 25 and throw a temper tantrum. Get what I'm saying?

The people in my school that don't call me a baby for having one.. are actually really interested.. they think they're cute, want to play with them, etc. I only let my close friends play with/ mess with them, because I kind of have a trust issue with other people messing with my stuff.

I believe the spirit of Tamagotchi is still kicking around - but I think Bandai needs to refresh Tamagotchis into multiple lineups rather than marketing only to 6+ year old girls. Take Apple's iPod lineup - there's something for everyone and serves as a good example on how one similar product can relate to everyone. Perhaps this would regenerate the spirt of Tamagotchis into people's lives. There are many consumers who loved the oldschool simplicity of the Tamagotchis from the late 90's - while many love the interactivity of Tamagotchis like the ID L. I know it's a bit off-topic but I believe this could help keep the Tamagotchi product relevant in today's techy-gadget industry.
I definitely agree. :)

I just recently got back into v-pets (started when I decided randomly to play my v4.5 less than a month ago). I'm disappointed I missed the re-hype of v-pets a few years ago. I carry around 3 (my v4.5, Dinkie Dino, and Fairy Magic EP) and whip them out and play with them wherever, whenever (I try not to play with them too much when I'm driving :x).

When my peers see them they'll reminisce about them, ask if they even still sell them and where, and I did manage to talk one of my co-workers into playing with them again, although I haven't talked to her since I gave her my spare dino Tamakaci.

A majority of the world may have forgotten them, but for those of us who haven't we at least have the internet to bring us together to share our love of them together. :)

I have friends that said if they happen to find thier tamas they'd give them to me... But most likely they are gone. But one can always hope. One of my friends said they are still looking for a Digimon Brick, An American Angelgotchi and a P1/P2 pink with swirls... But its been a year. eh.

But I'd much rather them play with them with me.... But if they are just going to sell them and whatever else... Well... I want them. Everyone I grew up with still knows me as "Girl with Tamagotchi" (Still, p2)

Good idea I should askvmy friends, I'm just worried they will make fun of me...

I think that the Tamagotchi Spirit is disappearing mainly in the US. Like I said in my previous post here, absolutely nobody in my town I know owns a tamagotchi. Which means out of 450 something kids in the middle school, likely. So this means, out of 450 kids, nobody has a tama. I'm not counting myself since I'm no longer truly interested in tamas (Please don't ask me why I'm on this site then, I get asked this too much. If you need info, go to my About Me page so I don't have to facepalm while answering a question I get asked too much). Even back in elementary school, nobody had a tamagotchi. Well, at least a few of my buddies knew what they were. But they didn't have one. So.

My theory is, tama spirit are simply disappearing in the US due to lack of marketing, and likely, people probably get the same tama fatigue I did.

As in, the fatigue of playing a tama for generations before realizing you already had all the characters you wanted.

Personally, I think Bandai needs to work on making tamas that are a lot more fun, with more games, more features, and cuter characters. They've been good on making cute characters (Remember v3, Tsunoitchi or whatever, guys?), and making it easier to get characters by the newest versions, but I hated on the v4 having only 5 games to select from when my tama was a teen. It was monotonous to always play SHAPE. None of the games were so appealing. I would take a DS any day over a tama. Did I mention how annoying it is to get training points and then always fail because you can't watch your tama every moment so your tama poops whenever you aren't looking?

With all the new electronic gadgets around (Iphone, Ipad, Nook, Kindle, etc.), I think tamas have been shoved aside for these new things. Unfortunately, that's progress. Tamas probably still have much more "spirit" in Japan and the rest of the Far East because that's where they originated. For myself, I prefer having tamas because I don't care to pay big bucks for these new devices every month to keep them activated. Until something drastic happens, I don't think the spirit of Tamagotchi will return to the USA anytime soon, sad to say.

I hate tama haters! My sis wants to sell hers, but I say "WHY CAN'T YOU SELL THEM TO ME FOR MONEY?????" It makes me annoyes that I'm the only tama lover in my school!What's weird about me is once I get intrested into something... I NEVER BARELY GET OUTINTRESTED!!! Yesterday, I decided to get out my tamagotchi toys, and what do you know? I GOT OBSESSED AGAIN!!! That's a tip for the "How Do You Get to Like Tamagotchis Again?"topic. Read my signature, and u will see how much I love my tamagotchi yellow V.4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back