- - - - -

Chat problems?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:49 AM ( #1 )

Hello!
So I have seen multiple reports of problems with chat these last couple of days... i am able to go in now without a problem but not sure if this is a temporary thing or not.

Who is having problems?
What do you see when trying to enter chat?
When did the problems begin for you?
What web browser and version are you using?

Replies

Views

Started

24 May 2011

Last Post

27 Jun 2011

jadine

• jadine user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:42 PM ( #2 )

I have been having problems trying to enter chat since last night. Every time I click on the "TamaChat" link it just shows the chat box with the message, "Please wait while we load the chatroom..." but it never really does. I've never had problems with TamaChat using Google chrome, well until yesterday that is. So this morning I tried entering chat using Firefox and it seems to be working well enough cause I am ACTUALLY able to be IN the room and chat. Only problem is, there isn't really anyone to chat with because other people who go on TamaChat seem to also be having problems with it. Thank you.

iHavezMyBirdo

• ihavezmybirdo user photo

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:46 PM ( #3 )

Who is having problems?
Well, me and Jadine as far as I know.

What do you see when trying to enter chat?
This in Firefox and
this in Google Chrome.

When did the problems begin for you?
Somewhere last week with Firefox. Yesterday with Google Chrome.

What web browser and version are you using?
Firefox 4.0.1 and Google Chrome 11.0.696.68

Edit: Chrome just upgraded to 11.0.696.71, but has the same problems.

Edited by iHavezMyBirdo, 24 May 2011 - 04:51 PM.

• Admin likes this

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:13 PM ( #4 )

Thank you for letting me know! Please keep me posted if this issue continues.

You mentioned th problem started last night... Was it happening this weekend (or were you on TT to know if it was happening)?

iHavezMyBirdo

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:15 PM ( #5 )

I think what Jadine had said was that no one was having these problems until last night, while I was having these problems last week. I was having problems during the weekends too; I just switched over to Google Chrome and it worked fine, until last night.

jadine

• jadine user photo

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:22 PM ( #6 )

It only works for me using FireFox now. I really liked using Google Chrome for TamaChat though (It has a bigger screen so I can see everything. Calvin (IHavezMyBirdo) did say he already tried re-installing Chrome but that didn't really help. I know some of the other users are experiencing these problems too cause right now I'm in chat (using FireFox) and people would enter, not talk for a few minutes, then get kicked out. Indeed I was in TT when it first started happening. It was Curtis (Psycho Tamagotchi) who seems to have first experienced this. It happened to him yesterday around noon and I was talking to him via QQ. He told me about the problem and I wasn't really bothered at the time cause I was still in chat and it still seemed to be working fine for me. I thought it was something that it could be fixed after a while. He hasn't been able to come on since then. Then when I tried last night the same thing happened to me using Chrome. I really hope something can be done about this.

Oh and one more thing, I noticed that the links aren't working for like editing profiles and for posting stuff. Like right now when I try to open the "Click to configure post options from down below this reply box, it wouldn't work. I think something's up with the site. Thank you for your prompt response.

Edited by jadine, 24 May 2011 - 05:38 PM.

Psycho tamagotchi

• psycho-tamagotchi user photo

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:29 PM ( #7 )

Ok, it started yesterday morning, im using google chrome, but i also tried fire fox, and internet explorer, it lets me get into chat but then it says"please wait while the chat room loads" then doesnt do anything. its working now, wait, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt .

Edited by Psycho tamagotchi, 24 May 2011 - 09:34 PM.

• ~L~ likes this

Runner

• runner user photo

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:24 PM ( #8 )

I have the same problem as jadine and Birdo... Well, at least on my laptop. Last night, I kept trying to log on to TamaChat, but it DIDN'T LOAD. In 10 minutes, it didn't load. so I refreshed the page over and over and over and over again, but it didn't load, so I gave up. It seems to work fine on my sister's computer, on the new new new firefox I dislike using, but..

jadine

• jadine user photo

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:52 PM ( #9 )

Another update. It won't work for me now even on FireFox. I got kicked out and now it won't let me in. I hope this gets resolved in a timely manner.

Miiku

• miiku user photo

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:56 AM ( #10 )

It works fine at my computer
I'm at the chat right now

Edited by Miiku, 25 May 2011 - 03:57 AM.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:45 AM ( #11 )

Hmmm... Can you all try to clear your browser's cache and then go back to reload the chat page to see if it helps?

jadine

• jadine user photo

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:52 AM ( #12 )

I actually tried that earlier and I tried it again just now as per your suggestion. I tried logging on to chat after that and I'm still getting the same, "Please wait while we load the chatroom..." screen and it just stays there. It's still not letting me in the "Chatroom".

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:27 AM ( #13 )

I am undoing a recent server tweak to see if the problems go away. please empty your caches and try chat in whatever browser you normally use (or want to test).
  • jadine likes this

iHavezMyBirdo

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:01 PM ( #14 )

Chat is working fine, thank you Admin :)

jadine

• jadine user photo

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:36 PM ( #15 )

Chat's finally working for me too. Thank you so much for your assistance and for the timely resolution of this matter Admin. You're help is greatly appreciated!

Runner

• runner user photo

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:21 PM ( #16 )

It's denying me access right now. It keeps giving me a Board Message saying "FAILED TO CONNECT WITH CHAT, PLEASE CONTACT BOARD ADMINISTRATOR"