I want to do a story about my life, but its too hard...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonKid

Reaction score
I wanted to write a story about my life... But its kinda hard... I'll show you the first chapter i'm trying to do...

Chapter 1: Kindergarten fun

Prologue: Hi everyone! I am Darius, and this book is about my life! I hope you enjoy!

Kindergarten, A fun time in your life. Your first day of school, making lots of new friends, excited about learning. Well, I didn't get to enjoy any of that. My first day of Kindergarten, I fell off the monkey-bars and broke my arm. Horrible right? It was. I was in the hospital, getting my cast, looking at my X-ray pictures and was horrified. I cried my eyes out. I was sent home and went back to school the next day. It was a happy day that day, my friends signing my cast with pictures and smiley faces, yep, I has having fun. But, I found out I could not write with my left arm now(which was my dominate hand) so I had to adjust to me right hand. But, for some reason, it was easier to write with it then it was before, but I just kept going, not wondering why. I got my cast off soon and got to play with my friends and the toys.(Finally!) Later on in time, I was a good student, occasionally getting in trouble, from having an all out building block war to rolling my eyes at my teacher and ignoring her. I had an attitude, but it got better. I was a straight A student and got Honor Rolls. I even got rewarded with ice cream and video games for that! Once summer came, I never saw any of my friends. And once summer was over... A special person came into my life... And that person was... One of my best friends ever...

How was it? This is meant to be short, so don't expect long ones unless its about my later life.

Good start...

Tell people who you are. Not just your name but where you were born. Where you grew up. Who did you grow up with....That I would recommend being chapter one.

Then up to the age of school.

Special things that happend before school. Don't just focus on the first day of Kindergarden and breaking your arm. I'm sure there was a ton more then that. Hit on some of the things you found important in younger years of school. Don't make the total focus of one chapter being of one grade, otherwise you might find yourself writing year after year...

Birthdays. Write about some of your favorite birthdays.

Talk about hobbies. Maybe your favorite toys/collections.

Family and the members. Pets.

Where you live now. (I wouldn't recommend telling your address, just your city....) How its changed from when you were a kid to how its compared to now.

These are just some ideas. I will probably add more... But these are just intended to be mind sparkers or Idea creators for you to get going. Starting can be one of the hardest things to do... Starting in the middle is usually a common thing then you build around them.

Good start...

Tell people who you are. Not just your name but where you were born. Where you grew up. Who did you grow up with....That I would recommend being chapter one.

Then up to the age of school.

Special things that happend before school. Don't just focus on the first day of Kindergarden and breaking your arm. I'm sure there was a ton more then that. Hit on some of the things you found important in younger years of school. Don't make the total focus of one chapter being of one grade, otherwise you might find yourself writing year after year...

Birthdays. Write about some of your favorite birthdays.

Talk about hobbies. Maybe your favorite toys/collections.

Family and the members. Pets.

Where you live now. (I wouldn't recommend telling your address, just your city....) How its changed from when you were a kid to how its compared to now.

These are just some ideas. I will probably add more... But these are just intended to be mind sparkers or Idea creators for you to get going. Starting can be one of the hardest things to do... Starting in the middle is usually a common thing then you build around them.

Thank you Sailor! These are great ideas! But, I started around Kindergarten to help build around 1st grade and my younger days. But anyway, thank you!

Think of memorable things - like your best friend (I can remember mine!) or plain embarrassing things. DON'T TRY AND BORE THE READER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back