Do you think Bandai has made new tamagotchis too girlish?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzgs

Reaction score
Ok, so I think bandai is completely forgetting there are boys who like tamas. It might be more popular with the girls, but still! I was in target yesterday, and i saw that tamagos were moved to the girl aisle and it made me want to vomit! And like, take a look at the IDL logo!
Tamagotchi_IDL_logo.jpg

What is that?!?!? It is making me embarresed to like tamagotchis :(

What are your thoughts on this? I would love to hear them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they've made them very girly. Look at characters like Lovelin, and Moriritchi, they basically have girly written all over them.

I was just discussing this same thing with my Dad yesterday. The new Tamas are VERY girly, especially the iDL, and even though I don't really mind girly things myself, they do lose a percentage of their market by making everything so sparkly and pink. I wish they'd make a version that was more uh, more manly, I guess?

Oh yes. I am a chick and I want more "boy" designs... I'm not a tomgirl or whatever... But I'm getting sick of pretty much for lack of better wording... Desrimination on boys. Holy cow dude. Even the BLACK Tama-Go is glittery! I know plenty of guys who would consider getting a tamagotchi IF they weren't so girly... They remember the old styles of 96-98 and loved them, even the angels....

I really wish they could go back to plain Standard colors also. Like Primary colors, black, white...etc... But bring back the stickers that came with some of the V1s (The blank basic coloring tamas) OR RE-release (more) decoratchi sets. The silicone covers, little keychains and pouches...etc. The covers atleast died down some of some of the designs on the tama. (Someplaces only got 2 or 3 designs to choose from...) The Keychains made them unique (Which I THOUGHT was a GREAT idea)

I know having 3 colors in each set of the Tama-Go saved money but... In the beginning... I always veiwed Bandai trying to help everyone be Uniquely Themselfs. But now is it about saving money or making it? A cute figure with a piece of paper... They could have made trading cards again and put a niecer tamago design in the trading pack. That would be awesome! (Instead of the normal design we get in the tama-go itslf or with the figure... You know how easily those can get ruined....)

I think many people would love a "Design your Own" tamagotchi shell. Weather it can be a vinyl sticker on a tamagotchi or another shell over top of the normal tama. Or a plain white tama you can paint, no glitter in the shell itself.

Pardon my blurt... I was thinking about this in a store earlier....

The old style was best. Back in the 90s Tamas were made with everyone in mind and their look reflected that. These days they seem to be marketed more to girls. So yeah. I think current Tamas are a bit too girly.

Actually,I kinda disagree. Check this out:

51DAF6IoTbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's mostly the characters that need to man up a bit. Hm...maybe I can design some for BanDai?

Actually,I kinda disagree. Check this out:

51DAF6IoTbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's mostly the characters that need to man up a bit. Hm...maybe I can design some for BanDai?
Yes you are right. There are still some boyish designs, but usually there is only like one or two per batch. But these newer ones, like the IDL are pretty much ALL girl designs.

Tamagotchi-iDL_allcolorMarch.jpg

I mean look! Pretty much the only design suitable for a boy would be the white, and even that is "glittery"

I thought the Music Stars were pretty fair in design... But other that those and some of the older ones are pretty girly.

I would love to have more characters. More guys and girls... more standard, simple.... They have so many cute ideas in Japan. They re-use tama characters..... Not in a bad way, I love them but I would love to have more. (Even more since you could pretty much know what tama you were rasing in the Tamago.....having 2 boy/girl tamas on each care level... If you looked at a growth chart anyway....)

Some of them are girly, but a few of them are girly. I tend to go for the boyish ones because obviously im a boy, but I do have a few girly designs which I quite like.

Yeah. The majority of tama designs now are geared towards girls and it's as if the main 3 are Lovelitchi, Hapihapitchi and Meloditchi. Even Memetchi and Makiko are being forgotten. Back then there was an even split between girl and boy designs.

Maybe i should show this topic to bandai :p

I hate the new designs. I am a boy and would like some guyish tamas. I know there's less guys than girls but REALLY? My white tama-go looks like it could be embedded with pearls//

Ok, so I think bandai is completely forgetting there are boys who like tamas. It might be more popular with the girls, but still! I was in target yesterday, and i saw that tamagos were moved to the girl aisle and it made me want to vomit! And like, take a look at the IDL logo!
Tamagotchi_IDL_logo.jpg

What is that?!?!? It is making me embarresed to like tamagotchis :(

What are your thoughts on this? I would love to hear them.
I'm a girl, I don't CARE. But to be honest, I feel bad for you! Everyone's unique in a different way such as intrests, no need to worry! :D

I love pink and sparkly, so their marketing works towards me. xD

But I do understand what you're saying. If I was a guy, I'd be pretty frustrated. I mean, maybe that's the reason my brother hates them so much, but probably not 'cause he won't hear one word about them.

Most people portray Tamagotchi as 'cute', and when they think of cute they think of GIRLS. And nowadays, some people think that boys are to 'rough' or to 'boyish' to own anything 'kawaii' except for Pokemon. And I think Bandai is afraid that if they do 'boyish' designs, not too many or nobody would purchase those Tamagotchis(and that would be a waste of money, and I don't think they want to use 'plain' colors because they might think that nobody would buy them since they don't have much 'glamour' in them). So they make the designs all 'girly' like expecting tons of girls purchasing them.

Yes. They are making Tamagotchi's too "girlyish", in my opinion. Why? On the box/description/etc., they state that it's projected for ages 7-11. And, they probably have more girls buying them than boys, and in the business world, whoever buys them the most, you want to cater to them, instead of catering to everyone and only having a small group of people buying them. ("You can't please everyone, but you can make one person happy." works well with this)

This is just my opinion.. but yes, I have noticed that the designs are getting even more girly.. Namely starting with the Tamagotchi iD and every tama from there.

i was thinking the Exact same thing! i really think they should go back to the neutral Designs like back in the day and the characters now are starting to get outta hand they aren't as original as they used to be ...

and i agree with SailorRosette about the create your own that would be neat!but BanDai would make more money if they didn't market to only 1 Gender they just cut there buying market in half by putting in the girls section they made every boy not want tamas anymore ... and if they put hem back in the electronic aisle like with paper jamz and Hex bugs and the small airplanes and helicopters ....

Just saying if it was in a boy's section or neutral aisle girls and Boys could go to them without looking like a freak what i'm saying is if a girl goes into a boys sectionthey aren't looked at oddly but if a boy is in a girls section then they are looked at Very ODDLY .... i just think banDai isn't thinking this all the way through!

Heres a question for anyone to answer :

No Matter if you are a boy or girl did you mind going in the aisle where the music stars and other previouys versions where located? (mainly at target)

My answer is no i didn't mind i thought it was an awesome place but now its kinda akward to be in a girls section .... :(

Frankly if I like something I don't really care what color it is. And I have no problem going into the girls isle if there's something there I want. FurReal Friends dogs and Zhu Zhu Puppies are generally kept there and I go buy those all the time.

That said I'm not really a fan of pink and glittery stuff. If it's the only game in town and I want a Tama I'll bite but I would prefer other colors if they're available.

I totally agree. I am a boy and I am 18. I wanted a colored Tamagotchi and I even dished out the extra to get a +Color instead of an ID L because they are looking pretty girly. Though I might get the white one still, I can probably handle that. How girly DO they look in person?

^ Not tooo grily, depending on the color. There's a few sparkles, but you don't notice 'em TOO much if you're not looking for them. The iD L is way worth it though, even if I was a boy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back