Alive Pets

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robodog

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these? Made By WowWee these are an assortment of realistic animatronic animals. At Toys R Us today, I saw a baby seal, Koala, lion cub, Husky, Labradoodle and Fox Terrier. I picked up the labradoodle and Fox Terrier. Unlike most animatronic pets the Fox Terrier is well padded. Very soft. Unfortunately I don't think these are being made anymore. They were in the clearance section. I paid $44 for the both of them. I highly reccommend them if you come across them.

I'm glad you got them! I'm sure they are so sweet! I don't believe they are making them anytime soon... They might make a random apperance C-mas time (as many older toys do) I want one, but I have finally earned my secret item. Now to wait for the next "business day" which is a butt..... Eh. Not to add a holiday in there, but the wait will be worth it. But those are on my list, my Big Lots still has a few lion cubs.... Adorable.

Have you played with them at all yet?

Ugh.. I hate it when a holiday falls when I'm expecting a package. Hope your stuff gets to you quickly.

I've played with them a little bit. The Fox Terrier's eyes and mouth move and he makes doggie sounds when you pet him. He feels realistic. They even put a spine down his back so it feels like you're holding a real puppy. He even has a volume control. It's a button in one of his ears.

The Labradoodle is a bit different. He's in a laying down position and when you pet him he lifts his head and opens his eyes. He's got pet sensors on his head and side. There's also a beagle one but Toys R Us didn't have that one. Probably a good thing as I ran out of money. I wish I could have gotten the Husky too. But the funds weren't there. There were plenty of Huskies. I wish I could have bought every dog Alive Pet there.

Well, I have to pay first. hehehe. But after that, I will be purchasing my secret item! Muuhahaha... Of corse, once I buy it, it won't be a secret at all. Lol. I'm so excited. Tuesday Chant! Whooo!

My um cousin... I guess. Lets just all her that. She has The Husky and it was pretty cute. I could hear the motors moving the mouth though. I thought it was cute but she wouldn't put it down to let me see it for 2 seconds. She LOVED it. Given she was 4 or 5 when she played with it. Sadly, I doubt she cares for it anymore. I would take it in a heartbeat if it was offered. They don't know my interests however...

Yeah some of the Alive Pets have louder motors than others according to some of the reviews I read. My two are fairly quiet. You can still hear whirring but it doesn't overpower the sounds they make.

They also had a couple of white Poodles but niether of them worked when I squeezed their ears. The batteries were probably dead. If I had had more money I would have bought one anyway though. As it is there are three alive dogs I don't have and now that they're discontinued I'll probably never have them. That kind of bugs me.

Well you can always keep your eyes open for them. I randomly come across old things all the time. I always wonder why I see them when I do.

I guess that's true. Somehow I don't think Alive Pets will be as common at Yard sales and the like as Furbys or FurReal Friends. They don't seem to be as widely distributed as the other two. You could find FurReal Friends and Furbys at any store that stocked toys but only a few places stocked Alive Pets. With a lower distribution rate I don't think they'll be as common as more popular VPets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back