Salem giga pet

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claiken

Reaction score
So I have only been lurking for a while. I thought here would be a good place to ask.

With every other giga, im able to set the time to 12 am ( that way it doesn't age) put them to sleep and theyre ok while I'm off to work. Salem is the first one that this is not working for. It seems to not care what I set the clock to. I set it for sleeping like i described, and come home to very low health or game over. I don't understand this part. Every other giga works great like that. I'm with it for a few hours before bed, then at first nap time around 11, when it asks I'll put to sleep then hange the clock to 915 pm. It sleeps all Night no issues, except Salem.....

Anyone have tips for someone that can't have he unit with them 24/7?

I noticed this too about this particular giga pet. Mine died while I was sleeping and I"m pretty sure I got up at 8am so it's not like I slept in.

Have you tried putting it to sleep and leaving it on the clock screen?

I think that's what I ended up doing.

Well I don't have this one, but I do have a sibling... I would suggest going to the clock screen like you were setting it and leave it at that screen. I would think it would not age....and work like a pause. That is how some pets are paused that are older....

Actually I tried that, thinking id finally outsmart it. But, if I leave it flashing time still goes by...

Had it happen again - except this time i had set it to 12am. waited until it wanted to go to sleep, aorund i think 2ish... put it to sleep (by this time health was low, but still going.) and still came in to it dead when the clock would have been at around 5am. hmmm....

Ok, this is for all you others also wondering.

upon further research - i found out that if you push left, right and enter at the same time - salem will pause (but clock will still run). it will look frozen, it freaked me out for a minute. but to resume you press mode.

ill probably end up doing this rather than have it sleep because its SO unpredictable that way.

only thing is how to get it to age?? hm.

ETA: so i just tried setting the time to 11:59pm and waiting one minute, and it will age that way. (but not sure about on pause).

also wanted to add that i have no clue if this method works on any other giga... i just happened to find a copy of the instructions for salem here: https://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/SABRI-IN.PDF and suprisingly read about pausing! nice to know for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back