Photo
- - - - -

does anybody know what this virtual pet is called?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

capitalism.

• capitalism user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:07 AM ( #1 )

I can't remember whether I got it before or after I got my first Tamagotchi. But I do know that it was from the late 90's (possibly 1997 or 1998)
I also don't have a picture of what it looks like. But I can describe it and I've also drawn a drawing of it >_>;;

It was white and shaped like a dog paw, slightly bigger than a Tamagotchi and also thicker. The plastic was white, smooth and of high quality (at least from what I can remember) and had elevations in the places where a dog's toes would be. These elevations were brown and were often mistaken for buttons by friends, but were not buttons. Its screen was very similar to that of a Tamagotchi and bellow it it had soft buttons (also like the ones from the Tamagotchi.) I can't remember if it had 3 or 4 buttons.
I can't remember what language it was in, but I'm almost positive that it was not Japanese.

I only had like two friends growing up so I'm not sure if it was popular or not back then >_>;;

Posted Image

Edited by capitalism., 18 July 2011 - 01:31 PM.

Replies

Views

Started

18 Jul 2011

Last Post

18 Jul 2011

SouthParkPikachu

• southparkpikachu user photo

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:23 AM ( #2 )

i think thats called a digi-pet, you took care for a digital pet like a dog or cat???

capitalism.

• capitalism user photo

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:15 AM ( #3 )

I thought that digipets were usually roundish square? I never remember them being shaped like paws @_@;;
Also, I can't remember what the pet was like "oTL

SouthParkPikachu

• southparkpikachu user photo

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:41 AM ( #4 )

They changed the design on them. some of them now are in that shape.

capitalism.

• capitalism user photo

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:39 PM ( #5 )

The one that I had is not a new pet, I mentioned in the first post that it was something that I owned in 1997 :) Thank you though