I have sent post to bandai about tamas being discontinued

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissMakiko

Reaction score
So,yeah.I got sick and tired of the confusion,and sent mail.Tell me how you feel about this!

Looks like we just struck gOLD.

But yeah, tamagotchis were discontinued in Europe/UK a year ago, and are to recontinue selling this month, in the new Argos catalogue. Be sure to check for other topics before you post, :)

Thank you!!!!!!!

I'm so annoyed that Target won't be selling them anymore. That's, like, the place where I get all my Tamas!!!!!!! :p

I sent an email last month to Bandai UK saying they had no plans for any future releases of Tamagotchi in the UK. Sometimes, it's justL thankyou for contacting Bandai UK. We have no plans for tamagotchi releases. Though sometimes, they say about a possible TMGO release.

I would just like a bloody V5 please, without having to fork out £40 to have one imported.

Ugh.

Bandai is being really ridiculous about their markets. It seems as if enough people have interest about Tamas in the UK (I'm from US) Also, they won't give TMGC+C to the US, for unknown reasons. BUT there have been enough complaints already, so I don't see why they won't do it. There really shouldn't be a problem with translation, it isn't that hard. Its a bit unfair that Japan gets the latest and greatest stuff, and all the other countries get completely separate stuff and Bandai probably hasn't done enough market research. EVERY person I have talked to that isn't in Japan who likes Tamas has said that they would love a colour tama. I don't know about you people, but I would most definitely fork over however much just to get a colour tama.

Bandai is being really ridiculous about their markets. It seems as if enough people have interest about Tamas in the UK (I'm from US) Also, they won't give TMGC+C to the US, for unknown reasons. BUT there have been enough complaints already, so I don't see why they won't do it. There really shouldn't be a problem with translation, it isn't that hard. Its a bit unfair that Japan gets the latest and greatest stuff, and all the other countries get completely separate stuff and Bandai probably hasn't done enough market research. EVERY person I have talked to that isn't in Japan who likes Tamas has said that they would love a colour tama. I don't know about you people, but I would most definitely fork over however much just to get a colour tama.
I know right it sucks and you get them for a good price on ebay there like sixty bucks but i might get it i wish bandai stop being difficult!

Ive been thinking we should go on a tama strike telling bandai we want tamagotchi in america its ridculos how japan get s it and we dont that we have to pay a high price on ebay for it! but i will always love tamas!

Actually it's really funny about that - I contacted an online store that sells thing from Japan directly to the US (they sell anime and cosplay things as well as food and other items from Japan) I asked them why they didn't carry any Tamagotchi items or Tamagotchi themselves. They said that they would have a hard time selling them. :< J-List made me sad when they said that. I wonder if someone from here like a mod contacted them about it they would change their minds. If we could get Tamas for a decent price from Japan direct to the US brand new through a supplier I would do it! But they said they can't sell them easily enough :<

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it's really funny about that - I contacted an online store that sells thing from Japan directly to the US (they sell anime and cosplay things as well as food and other items from Japan) I asked them why they didn't carry any Tamagotchi items or Tamagotchi themselves. They said that they would have a hard time selling them. :< J-List made me sad when they said that. I wonder if someone from here like a mod contacted them about it they would change their minds. If we could get Tamas for a decent price from Japan direct to the US brand new through a supplier I would do it! But they said they can't sell them easily enough :<
You know what, all of these companies complain about not being able to sell them. Users on here complain about not getting them. That should tell bandai something. As said in multiple threads, Bandai needs to make a more various product lineup. Not many teens in US want to get Tamas because they are childish. I think if bandai made a new tama for more mature audiences, this would help a lot.

I agree. There's so much more than can be done with Tamagotchi if Bandai would just make the effort. And as I've said numerous times before they need to advertise more. People can't buy Tamas if they don't know they're out there.

I agree. There's so much more than can be done with Tamagotchi if Bandai would just make the effort. And as I've said numerous times before they need to advertise more. People can't buy Tamas if they don't know they're out there.
Yup. I know a few people who would have bought some if they knew of them. I know a while ago they'd stick to just Nickel. I didn't see any advertisment anyway......... I found them in the store. I would rarely see any advertisments... I did see the MusicStar get blown up a few times for the Tama-Go. (Which says alot that someone who made it (The commerical) didn't count a MusicStar as success) I still can't believe they pretty much said MusicStar was crap compared to the Tama-Go... Bad Advertisments... Poor "reconition" since the size and the cracked shell front was/is gone...

^

I've seen the Tama-go ad on Youtube a couple times.

Never, not once, seen it on TV.

BANDAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Whyyy <___>... I was store hopping yesterday trying to find a tamatown but all the stores are out and the merchandise is on clearance... Nobody has the actual tama... ;'( I don't even think I've seen all the colors in stores! I would honestly rather a color tama than anything else, but couldn't we have something to hold us over until it happens?

Yeah they stopped selling them years ago here in the UK. It's a shame really. I guess people here think it's too kiddy but I disagree. I just had to order a new tamagotch from an international seller from Japan costing me at least £50. Disappointing.

I believe everybody should have a tamagotchi and not a dinki dino (LOL, Dinki dinos suck!) :wacko:

Yeah they stopped selling them years ago here in the UK. It's a shame really. I guess people here think it's too kiddy but I disagree. I just had to order a new tamagotch from an international seller from Japan costing me at least £50. Disappointing.
they stopped selling tamas back in the 1990s in Hungary (where I live - I think the reason was exactly what you said: most people think they are childish. or at least that's the most common reaction I get when people see me playing with tamas), so I can more than understand you :angry:

all my new generation tamas are from abroad, most of them found by luck at flea markets or - if new - bought years after their release, at a reduced price (I just don't have the money to order new ones, shipping&handling usually costs more then the tama itself :eek: )... I wish they came back here, but I doubt that's going to happen, partly for the above reason, partly because they are too expensive for the average local pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back