Do you think Bandai America will stop making Tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid they might. With a lot of stores putting them on clearance now there doesn't seem to be that much demand for them anymore. I hope I'm wrong.

It makes a lot of sense... with Tama-Gos going on sale a lot.
Yup. Bandai america will probably make one more tamagotchi, then be done.

I am lucky cuz bandai japan will not be discontinuing any time soon

No, I just don't want it to be like that. UGH! It's the new wave of gadgets.

I wish kids and adults were still interested in Tamagotchis.

It would be a lot better. I loved seeing a V4s and the V4.5s in stores and how they were almost sold out and... I just wish it was still like that. I want to expand my collection, because I only have a few Tama's, and since I'm too young for buying things on the internet and Tama go's are no where to be seen in the stores I'm near the stores are my only chance right now of getting them. But there's none anywhere!!! :( I love having virtual pets, and if you want the truth I only feel right with Tamagotchis. I hope you're wrong too, :D

I wish they would do something like bring back the classic ones, from like a decade ago XD

people online seem to be more interested in the old school tamas anyway

i love my tama-go and all but it's so huge and in the way most of the time :(

at least with an old generation tama i could slip it into my pocket & not worry about it popping out :/

Wholeheartedly agreed. I'd love to see the original Tamas come back. Particularly the Angel Tamas. I never had one.

Hey, here's two good things: We've got internet which sells all sorts of virtual pets. Most of us here have Tama's so if this ever stops at least we still have our Tama's to play with.

Better than if you don't have one but want one and they stop making them.

Last edited by a moderator:
@nerdy: so true XD!! I usually bring my tama with me when i hang out with friends and they all stare at me asking me where to get one, but all i can tell them is the internet :(

targets, wal-marts and toys r us' are all so unreliable :/

@robo: i wish for an angel too and a devil XD just because they were so unique and different :3

***EDIT: Off-topic***

anyways, bandai probably will stop making them not only because of the low demand, but because our economy is in a hell hole.

Unfortunately, I think they will. TMGO was not a great seller, since it's not a color tam, and other characters have to be purchased for it. That can get expensive. The way the economy is, a lot of people can't afford to spend that much, and a device that requires add-ons is ridiculous. Even if the 1996-97 originals were to return, it wouldn't boost their (Bandai's) sales that much. I think TMGO is the end of Tamagotchi in the USA.

I wish they would do something like bring back the classic ones, from like a decade ago XD

people online seem to be more interested in the old school tamas anyway

i love my tama-go and all but it's so huge and in the way most of the time :(

at least with an old generation tama i could slip it into my pocket & not worry about it popping out :/
Agreed. If bandai just sold their old stuff, and have commercials stating that tamagotchis are back or something people would be all " HEY! I remember those things! I've gotta go buy one for old times sake"

Then when people have them, they could release some new ones.

I wish it wasn't but I feel the end coming on quick. I was at Target today and they weren't even on Clearance. They wee no where to be found. I was going to buy a ton of figures at cheap prices and save they for collectors sake and price increase later on. But no. I feel maybe they will make one more attempt, but I don't see how. Because usually they just reprogram the Japanese models. But the Japanese ones are all in color now. Unless they try to bring Tamagotchi School to US. But that wouldn't sell well without anything to connect to.

Agreed. If bandai just sold their old stuff, and have commercials stating that tamagotchis are back or something people would be all " HEY! I remember those things! I've gotta go buy one for old times sake"

Then when people have them, they could release some new ones.
but sadly if that were to exactly happen the cycle would come back to the present day

people would not take care of their tamas, get bored and not continue to buy more and play

but sadly if that were to exactly happen the cycle would come back to the present day

people would not take care of their tamas, get bored and not continue to buy more and play
Well yes, but maybe then Bandai will not be stupid anymore (no offense Bandai) and just give people the color they deserve. I mean, if everyone's obsessed with the black and white Tamas again, then they release the colors...

Well, what do you get when you add gasoline to a fire?

EXACTLY!

Also I highly doubt Bandai will ever release colored tamagotchis in America.[/font][/color][/center]

All any of us can do is hope that maybe, the few of us who are still keeping the tama spirit alive will maybe spur them on to make some new ones :(

On Topic: I think BanDai America and Europe probably will if sales are bad. The TamaGo is probably their last hurrah unless us TamaFans support them.

It's hard to support them if stores aren't carrying Tamagos anymore. If stores are clearanceing them that means they won't be carrying them anymore. That means they won't be ordering anymore which essentially means that Bandai won't have any reason to continue making them. Bandai doesn't seem to be profiting from TamaGo and in the toy buisness profits are everything. There are too many bad signs to make me feel hopeful for Tamagotchi's future.

1 Stores clearancing out TamaGos

2 TamaGos are disappearing from some stores alltogether

3 There have been no announcements about Future generations of Tamagotchis

4 Bandai is being tight lipped about Tamagotchi's future, refusing to say whether it even HAS a future. If something else was being planned why not say something? As it stands now fans are worrying about the product dying. That's not exactly good publicity for the product. By not announcing anything new Bandai is only enforcing the concern fans have and basically shooting themselves in the foot.

I can't help thinking if future Tamas were planned we would have heard something by now. The fact that we haven't leads me to the conclusion that Tamagotchi may be on it's last leg. I hate it. But I've seen nothing to indicate otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back